With Quinn, Expect a Ground and Pound Offense

Jetman_67

If Quinn is the new HC and I hope he is, I expect our offense to be a ground and pound offense much like Seattle. 

Although Russell Wilson seems to have all the media attention, the real weapons of that offense is the ground game, and its what sets up the pass. Their version of Ground and Pound is nothing like the Rex Ryan version. They have 2 backs who are big and strong as hell. Plus Wilson is mobile, so there is a real triple threat on the ground. 

Beast Mode isn't in the media much except when he is fined for not talking to the media. With him, Its all about that action and action is what he delivers. On a large majority of his big breakout runs, he ends up throwing a few blocks for himself. He is not afraid to take a hit or deliver one. 

When the ground game isn't working as well as they would like, the Seahawks defense generally keeps the score close to allow the offense to eventually wear down the opponent. This is a reason why, the first half of most Seahawks games is very boring. Because the defense is so good, they simply stick with the run game until it works. At some point in the second half, it does begin working. 

Russell Wilson is not a great QB. He just plays smart and protects the ball. 

I expect Quinn have the same approach with the Jets.

How well did ground and pound work out for Wrecks?

Today's NFL is a passing league, not an offense out of the 1950's.

If Quinn is the new HC and I hope he is, I expect our offense to be a ground and pound offense much like Seattle. 

Although Russell Wilson seems to have all the media attention, the real weapons of that offense is the ground game, and its what sets up the pass. Their version of Ground and Pound is nothing like the Rex Ryan version. They have 2 backs who are big and strong as hell. Plus Wilson is mobile, so there is a real triple threat on the ground. 

Beast Mode isn't in the media much except when he is fined for not talking to the media. With him, Its all about that action and action is what he delivers. On a large majority of his big breakout runs, he ends up throwing a few blocks for himself. He is not afraid to take a hit or deliver one. 

When the ground game isn't working as well as they would like, the Seahawks defense generally keeps the score close to allow the offense to eventually wear down the opponent. This is a reason why, the first half of most Seahawks games is very boring. Because the defense is so good, they simply stick with the run game until it works. At some point in the second half, it does begin working. 

Russell Wilson is not a great QB. He just plays smart and protects the ball. 

I expect Quinn have the same approach with the Jets.

How well did ground and pound work out for Wrecks?

Today's NFL is a passing league, not an offense out of the 1950's.

If the Jets do not improve the QB position, it will be g and p. No way do they trust Geno with the keys to the franchise. Unlike Russell Wilson, he lacks the intellect and the accuracy.

Wilson beat P Mannig in the SB. No matter what anyone says about the Seattle D or the ST's, Wilson was the QB and Manning not Wilson looked like the shaken QB.

Wilson keeps his calm no matter what the situation is. He is generally accurate with his passing. I have seen him make few bad passes, but they were dropped a few times. Just shows up as an incompletion. Wilson is a leader that a team can believe in.

Archived