Divisional Playoff Games Weekend Thread

CrazyCarl40

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crawling into the end zone on your Hans and knees is a football move?

If he had control of the football when his elbow hit the 1-yard line, it would have been a legal catch.

Give it up already, the reversal was the correct call.

Why wouldnt that be a football move? He's trying to score a touchdown.

You think this ******* pathetic excuse for a rule makes sense?  They let guys "catch" the balls that scrape the ground now.  I long for the USFL

What I think of a rule is irrelevant, rules are rules, can't change them during a game because you don't think it makes sense.

Bryant caught the ball with an unbelievable leap/grab. He's actually reaching for the end zone when the ball moves. That's a friggin catch.

Agreed, he took 2 maybe even 3 steps changed possesion to one hand to reach for the end zone and they say no catch,.

Yet the ref in the Pat Raven game makes sure to follow no letter of no friggen law and allow the Ravens to get completely F CKED OVER.....The NFL sucks now...

A football move is defined as 2 feet on the ground with forward progress.

Dez was on his belly squirming like a worm.

How can you remotely think that was a football move?

Dez had two feet on the ground, whether it looks like he's "stumbling" or not is irrelevant.

What I think of a rule is irrelevant, rules are rules, can't change them during a game because you don't think it makes sense.

Nobody thinks it makes sense.  The rules about what constitutes a catch are moronic AND hard to judge.  The ball hitting the ground would be a nice thing to discuss, but they let a guy "catch" a ball that touches the ground now, if the ref things the ground didn't "assist" the "catch"  I am not saying Dallas necessarily got jobbed based on the rules as they exist, I am saying that any rule that says that is not a catch is a horrible moronic rule. "Football move"? Running towards the end zone is not a football move.

Sort of like calling a 15 yard penalty for crushing a guy off the pile, but not the offsetting for starting a brawl about it.  

Archived