Gary Kubiak is the guy to hire this week.

Shockwave

For almost 15 years the Jets have done the same thing. We hire first time coaches that specialize on the defensive side of the ball. Its looking like it may happen again and it just seems crazy to me. 

We have had a bottom 5 offense for years now. We have not a Franchise QB in forever. Coaches like Quinn have proved what? That they could call plays for superstars? Gus Bradley was the DC there when those guys blew up. All Doug Marrone did is bench CJ Spiller and EJ Manual and ride a defense to 9-7.  

Well that is exactly where Gary Kubiak fits in. He has developed middle round lineman, QB's and has developed a ton of undrafted running backs in Denver and Houston. He is the exact man we need here. He never had a good defense and thats exactly what hes walking into here. 

He is now available and fits perfect with our GM. This is absolutely the guy to go get. 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree that Kubiak would be a great fit here and I would be happy with the hire.

With that said, Quinn is the most sought after candidate for a reason and reports have him saying that the Jets are his number one choice. Either way I'd be happy.

That guy had a medical emergency on the field during a game as a HC in Houston and you guys want to bring him to NY/NJ to coach .

What do you think the stress level is going to be like coaching the Jets ?

+1 The stress of being a HC in NY isn't for everyone..

Kubiak is a good OC that doesn't make him a Great HC Flacco won a Bowl before Kubiak..

Kubiak was was one of the longest tenured HCs in the league. He has developed more talent on offense then anyone available. Quinn has developed no one. He is the Adam Gase of the Defense side of the ball. 

Kubiak was was one of the longest tenured HCs in the league. He has developed more talent on offense then anyone available. Quinn has developed no one. He is the Adam Gase of the Defense side of the ball. 

So after the Texans if the teams were lining up for him why is he a OC?? Are you saying he turned down all the HC jobs to be the Ravens OC??

No but Hess did with Coslet and Kotite..

Hess was more clueless than Woody, probably the worst NFL owner ever. Coslet was actually all Steinberg, and Kotite was hired because he was Hess buddy. Regardless, I don't remember the Jets ever being so offensively challenged when a new HC was to be hired. Maybe Kotites last year, but the Tuna was hired.   

Hess was more clueless than Woody, probably the worst NFL owner ever. Coslet was actually all Steinberg, and Kotite was hired because he was Hess buddy. Regardless, I don't remember the Jets ever being so offensively challenged when a new HC was to be hired. Maybe Kotites last year, but the Tuna was hired.   

Do you know who Kenny O's OC was ??

Kubiak is a good OC that doesn't make him a Great HC Flacco won a Bowl before Kubiak..

Kubiak wasn't terrible as a head coach. He has had a year to think aboutvwhat he would do differently.

Definitely should be considered.

The vast majority with Hall of Fame QBs on their second stop.

When was the last time a HC first time or not won a SB without great QB play? Whether or not you are 1st time or retread this is a must.

Coughlin won a SB as recent example of having a non "all time great" QB. Carroll although technically not on his 2nd pro gig (only 1 season with Jets) won it with Wilson who I don't view as a HOF type.

Started a similar thread on another site, and I am really surprised more Jets fans don't feel this way.  Kubiak is absolutely the guy you hire.

I'm not sure how anyone could prefer Quinn, a DC with 2 years experience coaching the unit with the most talent in the league.  He and all of the Seattle defenders readily admit and even tout the fact that the success of their defense has nothing to do with scheme, and everything to do with keeping things simple and letting the players "play fast".  That's great when you have Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, etc. 

I believe this would be a miserable failure - another rookie HC who will be learning on the job paired with an OC whose claim to fame is one good year with Robert Griffin until the league figured out the gimmick of the read option.

Kubiak has the proven pedigree (QB coach and SB in 1994 with Steve Young/Seifert, 11 years OC and 2 SB titles under Mike Shanahan, Prior Head coaching experience - won back to back division titles in 2011 (10-6) and 2012 (12-4) with Matt Schaub as QB before being fired the very next year after starting 2-11 due largely to injuries.

Kubiak is the guy - go get him Woody!!

Archived