Gary Kubiak is the guy to hire this week.

Shockwave

Dan Quinn is the flavor because he has an Allstar defense.  aka the zen master (see the New York Knicks).  Dan Quinn will and will only be successful with the new york jets if he bring the seattle defense to the JETS  :winking0001: This dude will not be successful in New York if he is made coach.  we might as well go with Todd Bowles he took ordinary guys and made a heck of a defense.  the JETS right now need an offensive guru and bring back Thurman and Dunbar for defense.

Wow, you better be joking. You have no clue what you're talking about. Go look at when guys like Sherman, KJ Wright, Chancellor, Maxwell & co. got drafted and compare that to Arizona's "ordinary guys" like Patrick Peterson, Bucannon, Dan Williams, Cromartie, Calais Campbell & co.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apparently you missed this part of my post:  Carroll although technically not on his 2nd pro gig (only 1 season with Jets)

I already acknowledged that but included him since he had only one season with the Jets.  

the fact is, the history of Super Bowl winning coaches is littered with guys who failed their first time around.  That said, the health thing really concerns me.

Quite frankly, Kubiak , Bowles or Quinn are all solid choices.  Bowles had a very good defense with the Cardinals. Kubiack is a top notch offensive coach and Quinn is a doing a nice job with the Seahawks. I personally wouldn't complain with any of these selections. 

Quite frankly, Kubiak , Bowles or Quinn are all solid choices.  Bowles had a very good defense with the Cardinals. Kubiack is a top notch offensive coach and Quinn is a doing a nice job with the Seahawks. I personally wouldn't complain with any of these selections. 

Kubiak had his shot in Houston, he blew it. I rather go with somebody who hasn't blown it yet as a HC. Because in that case we might as well bring back Sparano, Mangini or Rex. Those are all considered "good" coordinators that failed as headcoaches.

Fantastic game plan, play design and play calling by Kubiak yesterday.  But one game 

doesn't erase his time in HOU where he underachieved.  Remember he had big time

talent and consistently came up short for years

Kubiak had his shot in Houston, he blew it. I rather go with somebody who hasn't blown it yet as a HC. Because in that case we might as well bring back Sparano, Mangini or Rex. Those are all considered "good" coordinators that failed as headcoaches.

Good post.

Sobhead coaches do learn from their 1st experience. Not all do. But I like when they have some time to think about what they would do differently.

Kubiak falls into that category for me. I think kubiak and Quinn should be the final two candidates.

All depends on the interview, the staff they plan to put together and their overall game plan. We aren't privy to any of that stuff so it's hard to know for sure who is the best.

Good post.

Sobhead coaches do learn from their 1st experience. Not all do. But I like when they have some time to think about what they would do differently.

Kubiak falls into that category for me. I think kubiak and Quinn should be the final two candidates.

All depends on the interview, the staff they plan to put together and their overall game plan. We aren't privy to any of that stuff so it's hard to know for sure who is the best.

Kubiak's overall record took a big hit the year he had the mini-stroke and he had to use his 3rd and 4th QB most of the season. He ran into some bad luck like that, overall he coached a team with a good defense, good offense and lots of "hits" in the draft. He kept that team competitive with the Colts and Manning, and a few times had them on the cusp of over-taking, but he ran into bad luck a lot. That concerns me, a little, but I do believe in the law of averages and feel like he's got some favorable luck in his pipeline. 

He is a better overall head coach than Rex was, and you cannot discredit his time in Houston combined with the experience of working alongside Harbaugh, who might be the 2nd best HC in football right now.

I've been on record as wanting Kubiak for a while now. I would not be disappointed with Quinn or Bowles either, they being rookies HCs makes me nervous a little, but I love the potential they represent. 

I am super disappointed we didn't look to the college ranks at all.

Quinn over bowled would be my choice.

The Atlanta job still being open worries me. They obviously have some Defensive coach in mind!

Bowles, Quinn would have a tough time turning down an Atlanta offer with that offense in that division, with that owner. Very attractive.

Fantastic game plan, play design and play calling by Kubiak yesterday. But one game

doesn't erase his time in HOU where he underachieved. Remember he had big time

The team was soft and overrated by the experts like every season with Shaub.

Fantastic game plan, play design and play calling by Kubiak yesterday.  But one game 

doesn't erase his time in HOU where he underachieved.  Remember he had big time

When the Jets lose close games to the Pats it's stupid Rex or MM sucks when the Ravens do it it's Fantastic game plan except for the fact they lost..LOL Other then the loud bang Mrs Lincoln did you enjoy the play?? :animal0029:

Started a similar thread on another site, and I am really surprised more Jets fans don't feel this way.  Kubiak is absolutely the guy you hire.

I'm not sure how anyone could prefer Quinn, a DC with 2 years experience coaching the unit with the most talent in the league.  He and all of the Seattle defenders readily admit and even tout the fact that the success of their defense has nothing to do with scheme, and everything to do with keeping things simple and letting the players "play fast".  That's great when you have Sherman, Thomas, Chancellor, etc. 

I believe this would be a miserable failure - another rookie HC who will be learning on the job paired with an OC whose claim to fame is one good year with Robert Griffin until the league figured out the gimmick of the read option.

Kubiak has the proven pedigree (QB coach and SB in 1994 with Steve Young/Seifert, 11 years OC and 2 SB titles under Mike Shanahan, Prior Head coaching experience - won back to back division titles in 2011 (10-6) and 2012 (12-4) with Matt Schaub as QB before being fired the very next year after starting 2-11 due largely to injuries.

Kubiak is the guy - go get him Woody!!

kubiak has a proven history of failure and teams not achieving their potential and the stroke he had makes him more likely to have another

pass

Forsett journeyman with no success until...

Kubiak makes him integral part of team.

He's been doing that with RBs his whole career.

He was a journeyman and a 7th rd pick but he avg over 5 ypc with the Seahawks in 2009 with Rice gone he finally got a break..

Kubiak has made mid-low round picks successful wherever he has been. Joe Flacco just set career highs in TD's and yards as well. 

Kubiak will have a successful offense wherever he goes. Its just what he does. For this team and its history of terrible QB's and poor offenses this guy is the no brainer. 

Brilliant. Let's fix the best rushing attack in the league. By the way, what got him fired in Houston? How many Pro Bowl QB's did he develop?

Brilliant. Let's fix the best rushing attack in the league. By the way, what got him fired in Houston? How many Pro Bowl QB's did he develop?

"During the 2009 NFL season, Schaub led the Texans to a 9-7 record, the first winning record in team history. He led the league in passing yards (4,770), completions (396), yards per game (298) and passing attempts (583), while finishing fifth in touchdowns (29), compiling a quarterback rating of 98.6. He was selected to his first Pro Bowl, winning MVP honors.[7] "

"During the 2009 NFL season, Schaub led the Texans to a 9-7 record, the first winning record in team history. He led the league in passing yards (4,770), completions (396), yards per game (298) and passing attempts (583), while finishing fifth in touchdowns (29), compiling a quarterback rating of 98.6. He was selected to his first Pro Bowl, winning MVP honors.[7] "

And lost to the Jets with a rookie QB in the first game of that season 24-7... :winking0001:

If Matt Schaub is your entire resume I'll gladly pass. Got Kubiak and himself fired. Great job.

You were one of the guys that "Guaranteed" Rex would not be hired as a Head coach after we fired him. 

The Bears are expected to make a push for Kubiak so once again the NFL does not share your opinion.  Perhaps you could make another Guarantee and go 0-2? 

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Bears are expected to make a "major push" for Ravens OC Gary Kubiak as their head coach.

Now that the Ravens are eliminated from the playoffs, Kubiak can start doing interviews. However, it's unclear if he's even interested in becoming a head coach after a successful year as the Ravens' offensive play-caller. Joe Flacco set career-highs in passing yards and touchdowns under Kubiak this season. It'd be a positive hire for Jay Cutler. Kubiak runs the Shanahan offense that Cutler thrived in with Denver. The Jets are also said to be interested in Kubiak.

I didn't guarantee anything you bozo, how about you go finish 3rd grade and then read what I actually wrote.

No offense intended - if you say something just stick with it. Im Wrong all the time too.  Looks like that Eric Mangini prediction didn't work out to well for you either. 

Plenty of teams? Hard to imagine since there's only a couple teams that have an opening at HC, including the Jets. And as far as I can tell NOBODY has lined up an interview or anything with Rex. I don't doubt that some teams would consider him for a DC job because that's what he's good at. But I'm 100% sure that nobody is actually considering him for a HC job. Doesn't mean he won't get a HC job next season. Once all the hot names are off the market some team might have to settle for a guy like Rex Ryan. Even Eric Mangini at this point is a higher priority for NFL teams and is more likely to land a HC job. That should tell you all you need to know about Rex.

Archived