First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

My last word on this. This move is very Kottite-ian of Buffalo. And will crash and burn just as bad. For all the Rex dick suckers: he is not even a good DC, really the NFL has completely caught up to his schemes.

Totally caught on...totally.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really couldn't have worked out worse for the Jets. 

Where are all the Jet Fans on this site that guaranteed Rex would never get a HC job again? He got the first one, and just got a guaranteed 5 year/28m deal. Those people that made those predictions know absolutely nothing. 

So Where are those people that had no idea what they were talking about? They are filling this thread with statements like "Buffalo is doomed now" or " The Jets got so lucky Rex is in Buffalo" etc etc. 

The Bottom line is it is never good to have your coaches go to a division rival. I think Rex should have been fired but this certainly is terrible news for the Jets. People act like coaches never improve or do poorly on their second head coaching job. Tell that to Pete Carrol/Bill Belicheck. Both Former Jet coaches with Super bowl rings that will likely play each other in this years big game.  

Our Team is currently the worst in our division - We have alot of work to do. 

This +1000. They can't man up and admit they were wrong but instead want to further trash him. Can't wait to hear their excuses when Rex beats us, and that will happen.

For all the Rex haters that said he would never get another HC gig - time to EAT CROW.

So why would he go to Buffalo in that case? Didn't they just lose their headcoach because they handcuffed him? Either way, this whole thing is going to be absolutely hilarious. Rex thinking he can handle more power, making GM type decisions, having to deal with a possibly better HC prospect in Schwartz that has to work under him and coordinate his "baby" (defense), the one thing he does well, having to develop EJ Manuel. Can't wait for the first meltdown.

This +1000. They can't man up and admit they were wrong but instead want to further trash him. Can't wait to hear their excuses when Rex beats us, and that will happen.

For all the Rex haters that said he would never get another HC gig - time to EAT CROW.

The Bills hiring REX is no vindication that he is a great coach. Perhaps he learned from his mistakes but he is a less than 500 coach with questionable skills on the management side of the game.

Beat us??? Of course, Marrone beat us twice. is he great?

Tebow beat REX and so did Sparano.

For all the Rex haters that said he would never get another HC gig - time to EAT CROW.

No need...clearly he was NEVER going to get hired, oh, but if he did it was only because the owner/GM/FO of the team doing the hiring isn't as football savvy as they should be.  I mean, they let Doug Marrone walk out the door and that guy is the mutts nuts.

So why would he go to Buffalo in that case? Didn't they just lose their headcoach because they handcuffed him? Either way, this whole thing is going to be absolutely hilarious. Rex thinking he can handle more power, making GM type decisions, having to deal with a possibly better HC prospect in Schwartz that has to work under him and coordinate his "baby" (defense), the one thing he does well, having to develop EJ Manuel. Can't wait for the first meltdown.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Probably. But if he wants more power it makes no sense for him to go to Buffalo where Marrone got basically chased out because they wouldn't allow him to do anything there. I just know I'll enjoy this whole thing.

I don't think money was the only thing that motivated him, but it was too much for him to walk away from.  I think he likes competing against Brady and doesn't mind the possibility of facing Geno twice next season.

@NBCDianna: I'm told by several that Rex Ryan lost interest in Atlanta because front office is too involved. Rex wants less hands in pot. #bills

Ink is barely dry and the inaugural veiled shot at the Jets has been fired.

Putting aside all of the givens, the new reasons Rex will fail in Buffalo is because his thin-skinned insecure nature will never let him get past trying to make the Jets look like bad guys so that everyone likes him.

IMO, this is a horrible move for us.  

1)  The last time Rex had this type of talent on the defensive side, they were one of the best defenses of all time.   That defense has everything Rex needs in good corners, very good line backers, and a great front.   This move will absolutely elevate the defense, and most likely the primary reason why he took this job.  For the next 2-3 years, he's all but guaranteed a very good to great defense, which keeps his value intact.   

2)   The offense there has potential, but needs a QB.  I bet they go after one of Bradford/Cutler/RGIII now.  You put any of them on that team and they are an average offense.  An average offense with that defense is most likely a playoff team, and we know once in the playoffs, defenses tend to be huge.  

3)  Rex is intimately familiar with Jets and how our QB thinks and operates.  Unless there is a QB change, we may as well chalk up two games where we get at most 15 points on the board at best.  

4)  Rex is also excellent at motivating people with the "little brother" angle, the "loser rival" angle and Buffalo plays right into that.  

I like Rex, I thought it was borderline if we should've moved on or not.  But him going to Buffalo is a bad move for us.  I wish Marrone didn't opt out, because this is clearly an upgrade for them.  

It was a personality thing Scott, Rex coached with the enthusiasm of a rabid fan.. There are players like that who aren't Pro Bowlers but they are very likeable..  Is Rex a good HC no and maybe he never will be, but he brought something to the team that for some of us can't be measured in just win's and losses.. In the cold cruel world yes he should have gone with Tanny and Woody keeping him was a travesty.. But I don't understand why some get upset if some of us liked him. I have no problem with those that hate him and I agree with his flaws that they point out..

Come onSavage, let the cat out of the bag.

You banged Michelle in the back of your Vette.

That's why you think Wrecks walks on water.

Good point.

My last word on this. This move is very Kottite-ian of Buffalo. And will crash and burn just as bad. For all the Rex dick suckers: he is not even a good DC, really the NFL has completely caught up to his schemes.

I wanted Rex fired. He needed to be fired. I didn't want him to be hired when they did it.  That said, you can't find a better way to make your point than this?

I don't think money was the only thing that motivated him, but it was too much for him to walk away from.  I think he likes competing against Brady and doesn't mind the possibility of facing Geno twice next season.

That, too. He's got Brady's number. And he knows all of Geno's weaknesses. And his "strengths" of course...

The Bills hiring REX is no vindication that he is a great coach. Perhaps he learned from his mistakes but he is a less than 500 coach with questionable skills on the management side of the game.

Beat us??? Of course, Marrone beat us twice. is he great?

Tebow beat REX and so did Sparano.

You missed the point of my post. I was calling out the haters who for weeks kept telling us Rex would not get an interview and/or job as a HC, and now can't acknowledge they were wrong and instead further bash him.

@NBCDianna: I'm told by several that Rex Ryan lost interest in Atlanta because front office is too involved. Rex wants less hands in pot. #bills

Rex can't have some dopey GM honing in on his swagger.

Thomas+Dimitroff+Miami+Dolphins+v+Atlant

You missed the point of my post. I was calling out the haters who for weeks kept telling us Rex would not get an interview and/or job as a HC, and now can't acknowledge they were wrong and instead further bash him.

On JI, I posted that I met an NFL GM at a golf event. he stated REX would get a job in less than a month. he also stated Milner and Geno were terrific picks.

Point being.... Who really knows. I believe REX will go down much like his Dad.

As a 30 year vet of business...I have seen behavior of the very best. Rex doesn't seem to me to have it. IMO.

Not a good DC?   we always had one of the best D's in the nfl while he was our coach.  How are we going to replace him?

I did not read through it.

I assumed it was 500 posts of Rexlatio and his minions calling you an idiot.

Close. It's a bunch of dudes jumping up and down because Rex got a job which somehow validates their long-held belief that he was secretly a great coach this whole time. And the fact that they'd like to have a beer with him separates his legacy from Herm's.

Sad that this thread has over 500 posts in it, while a thread about OUR TEAM, the Goddamn Jets, hiring a GM only has 90.

I thought the same thing, but really not a ton to say about the GM.  Very limited info on him and he has no track record to go off of.  He's never been a GM before now so it's just guessing.  I get what you mean though. Rex is just a very polarizing guy, and some people can't resist an opportunity to bash other Jets fans and call them stupid because they have the nerve to disagree with a particular opinion.

That, too. He's got Brady's number. And he knows all of Geno's weaknesses. And his "strengths" of course...

Rex's Jets have only beaten the Patriots 3 times out of their last 12 games in the regular season. The Patriots beat the Jets by 2 scores or more in 5 of those 9 games in which the Jets lost. The Jets never beat the Patriots at home, in the regular season. 

Brady's number is winning. Rex's Jets never won the division over the Patriots. The Patriots have gone to the playoffs every year that Rex was the Jets coach. Rex knew how to frustrate Brady, but if you look at the collective body of work in the way Brady matchup-up with Rex's defense, if anyone had the guys number it was Brady having Rex's.

Rex beat the Pats in their 1 playoff matchup in Foxboro, which happened to be the climax of his tenure here. 

Close. It's a bunch of dudes jumping up and down because Rex got a job which somehow vindicates their long-held belief that he was secretly a great coach this whole time. And the fact that they'd like to have a beer with him separates his legacy from Herm's.

Well, they're right.

I mean, this is the team that hired hugely in demand retreads Chan Gailey and Dick Jauron.

Archived