First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's the thing. Our players know Rexs play calling tendencies. Rex nor the bills know anything about Dan Quinn.

And the rest of the league doesn't? There is this thing called game tape. Every play at every down and distance over the last 6 years is on film. 

He was offered with the Falcons? Link?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/rex-ryan-wasnt-willing-to-wait-for-falcons/

He didn't have a firm offer but it's been widely reported he was their top choice. 

I think Rex made a huge mistake. He has the exact same issue he had in NY. Good defensive talent with no quarterback. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/12/rex-ryan-wasnt-willing-to-wait-for-falcons/

He didn't have a firm offer but it's been widely reported he was their top choice. 

I think Rex made a huge mistake. He has the exact same issue he had in NY. Good defensive talent with no quarterback. 

Odd that Rex would have a lapse in judgement.

rex may not have a QB up there but he does have 2 Clemson offensive players in Watkins and Spiller, guys he's probably very familiar with 

Let's just say it. He's a good coach. He wasn't the problem with this team. It was time for them to start over  ( i understand why Rex doesnt get a 3rd GM) but Rex was never what was wrong with this Jets franchise. Not really. it was always the GM and the QB in specific. 

Look at Denver last night. Peyton goes over the hill and the wheels fall off. QB is everything. 

rex may not have a QB up there but he does have 2 Clemson offensive players in Watkins and Spiller, guys he's probably very familiar with 

Let's just say it. He's a good coach. He wasn't the problem with this team. It was time for them to start over  ( i understand why Rex doesnt get a 3rd GM) but Rex was never what was wrong with this Jets franchise. Not really. it was always the GM and the QB in specific. 

Look at Denver last night. Peyton goes over the hill and the wheels fall off. QB is everything. 

Fair....But he does have his shortcomings.  I think we all learned the importance of a good GM the last 6 years.

Because Arthur Blank's mother died last week which slowed down their process. 

But they were already negotiating. They didn't want to hand him the organization, they weren't exactly begging him to join them. Which is why he went to Buffalo instead because he didn't feel like ATL really wanted him. To me it sounds like they're going through the process. Rex was one of the guys they were targeting and they have certain parameters that you have to agree with before they hand you the HC job. Not much say when it comes to building the roster and whatnot, work under a GM that runs the team basically. He went through that this season. There's nothing that would make any rational person pick the Bills over the Falcons. Who'd want to be in a division with the Patriots and according to him the Jets that are good enough to win a ring? And take over the Bills with a terrible QB situation, where you just drafted a huge bust and your backup, the only guy that could throw the ball, just retired? Pick that team over the Falcons? Come on, that makes no sense. ATL didn't want him that bad otherwise they would have made him a decent offer.

Poor Wrecks. If only he had all-stars at every position, the NFL would have re-named the Lombardi trophy to honor him. Damn all these people who failed to get that for him.

There's alot of real estate between all stars at every position and a competent QB.   

There's alot of real estate between all stars at every position and a competent QB.   

Bit....could get the ultimate Catch-22 here. Sanchez signs with the Bills as a FA. Rex reunites with the guy who helped lead him to the heights of his HCing so far, but also the guy who played a huge part in his downfall as Jet coach. And throw in the Bills version of Geno(Manuel), and as Yogi would say "it's deja-vu all over again."

Fred Jackson is almost always injured but solid when not. CJ Spiller is a bust and will likely be cut. Their running game isn't all it is cracked up to be. Who is afraid of Boobie Dixon??!! Teams will stack the box and make Geno... I mean EJ Manuel beat them. Which won't happen.

There are so many errors in this post, I'm not even going to bother.

Regardless, I love the hire. I think Rex is a really good coach, and the GM in NY had assembled quite the sh*t ass roster there. Good coaches leave bad situations in sports, it happens a lot. Sometimes it's just time to move on and get a fresh start somewhere.

I truly believe we upgraded at the HC spot. Marrone walking away benefited our franchise, I thank him for that!

Regardless, I love the hire. I think Rex is a really good coach, and the GM in NY had assembled quite the sh*t ass roster there. Good coaches leave bad situations in sports, it happens a lot. Sometimes it's just time to move on and get a fresh start somewhere.

I truly believe we upgraded at the HC spot. Marrone walking away benefited our franchise, I thank him for that!

Poor bastard.

Your defense was awful this year, it's the only team we lit up both times. He had zero talent on that roster there. The Jets roster, especially defensively is much worse than ours. He's walking into a similar situation he got when he first arrived in NY. 

Poor bastard.

Your roster is so horrible, what HC do you honestly think would do anything there? Your GM destroyed your team. The defense was horrific and your offense, well we all know what that's like. It's the only team that made the Bills look great. You can resurrect Vince Lombardi, and give him the current Jets roster, and he does nothing. 

Your defense was awful this year, it's the only team we lit up both times. He had zero talent on that roster there. The Jets roster, especially defensively is much worse than ours. He's walking into a similar situation he got when he first arrived in NY. 

Hopefully he'll ruin your team too! but at least everybody will still love him. thats all that matters.

Whats your opinion of the gatorade bath to make it to 4-12? as a Bills fan?

He's a very good Coach, specifically a Defensive Coordinator.  One of the leagues best.

He is not a "good" Head Coach.  He showed no development, he developed no players beyond their expected performance levels, he clearly is not good when it comes to player personnel decisions, and he made numerous bad decisions as coach (clock management, challenges, etc.) continuously over his tenure.  And beyond that, his pointless, counterproductive bluster and sh*t talking, his talking up players and never holding them accountable and being a "soft players coach" clearly had a negative effect, as his vaunted defense was well known for wearing out and losing games late.  His offense, of course, was so putrid throughout his time here it's almost unworthy of mention.  He absolutely WAS a part of the problem with this team, the only consistent part of the problem with this team that had gone unaddressed whilst players, asst. coaches and entire front office staffs were replaced around him.  

If we were hiring a D-Co, I'd hire Rex in a moment.  

I'll say it again, some Jets Fans are going to have to decide who the like more, becase you cannot root for both the Jets and a Bills Coach Rex Ryan.  So better decide who you REALLY support.

Jeezus...not frigging bills trolls

Enjoy your five or less seasons in the basement with WRECKS the Circus Clown and the staff of Bozos he "steals" from the Jets...

Thurnan, Lee, Lal, Weeks, McGaughey, Aguilar, Sparano Jr,

Take em all

Ummmm.... no. 

He had a better O-line and RBs when he first came to NY. The Bills can't run the ball for sh*t. Which will be a problem with no QB and a coach that wants to ground and pound. 

The 2008 Jets were better than the 2014 Bills. 

Here is a point that nettles me often. 

The head football coach is hitched to a QB in many cases and he has a major influence over who starts, what thype of guy he wants etc.  rex loved Sanchez, Rex didn't have the balls to dump Geno like Marrone did.  Rex did not push for a viable short term vet like the Bills did.  He as the HEAD football coach is responsible,

The 2nd part of this is how these forums dump all over our OC's over the last few years and pat Rex on the ass when the OC's are the ones who have had to deal with lousty Qbing and poor talent on offense.

One of the monumental weaknesses of Rex Ryan was and is his total lack of understanding about the inconvenient offenseive side of the ball.  Like it or not a HEAD football coach has to deal with and be good with all three phases to some extent.  Rex isn't and showed zero improvement in this era during his tenure here.

Jeezus...not frigging bills trolls

Enjoy your five or less seasons in the basement with WRECKS the Circus Clown and the staff of Bozos he "steals" from the Jets...

Thurnan, Lee, Lal, Weeks, McGaughey, Aguilar, Sparano Jr,

Take em all

Yo dude, hes been here longer than you. and hes a good poster whos opinion I like hearing.

So wait...our defense was awful so you Buffalo morons are hiring a head coach who built that awful defense and he'd bringing in his snacks buddy DC who.ran the awful defense

Rotsa Ruck

Archived