First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

Yes, and it supports all his detractors points on him. His bravado and confidence are his biggest impediment to growth.. I'm sure he is 100% confident he will win up there. Rex has a good a shot at winning in Buffalo as blatesman has of keeping his panties on at the next ilk meetup

I'm still in shock that the Bills' owner fell for Rex tired bullsh*tt.  That franchise is pining for their past glory days, which seem like centuries ago. Now you're going to try to sell your fans on Rex as the guy who will guide them back to a Super Bowl?  lol And I thought Woody was a dunce.

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There are so many errors in this post, I'm not even going to bother.

Regardless, I love the hire. I think Rex is a really good coach, and the GM in NY had assembled quite the sh*t ass roster there. Good coaches leave bad situations in sports, it happens a lot. Sometimes it's just time to move on and get a fresh start somewhere.

I truly believe we upgraded at the HC spot. Marrone walking away benefited our franchise, I thank him for that!

Please. Bother. I'd love to hear it. The Bills running backs are overrated. Period.

I can't answer that right now. I need to see what moves we make in the offseason. We need upgrades the on the offensive line for sure. QB, no idea what their plan is. Manuel hasn't even played 16 games in his career yet. 

After the draft and free agent signings, I can then project a record a little better. If the offseason goes right, with this defense, playoffs will certainly be possible though. 

Your Defense is going to take a step back with Rex as opposed to Schwartz…and yes I'm being serious.

Its laughable because Sanchez sucks but then you remember that Rex took Sanchez to the brink twice and its not that funny anymore. 

Lets see, the game vs the colts Rex let the colts waltz down the field to score the go ahead td late in the game and then a great call by the oc a great catch by braylon edwards and a decent throw by sanchez lead to the the game winning fg.

In the Pitt game rex's defense was totally shredded by Mendenhall for 125 yards or so we got crushed early and the offense almost bailed them out.

In the Indy game Rex's defense fell flat on its ass when Manning shrugged at our top two cbs and just killed our third Cb with their 3rd Wr all game, no adjustments on the D side of the ball were made.

The AFC title games are a wonder that is for sure, Rex gets all the credit for those games but other than Sanchez supporters no one else gets a shred of credit.  Hell our much much maligned oc Shotty was as responsible for getting us there as Rex.

Your Defense is going to take a step back with Rex as opposed to Schwartz…and yes I'm being serious.

I think they will be excellent this coming year much like last year, the big problem will come the moment they have a poor game or two or any real adversity.  no way in the world will Rex be able to stop the urge to take over the real control of the D unit, that is when things will falter.  It might take a year but sooner or later Schwartz will be gone and Rex will be in charge.

I think they will be excellent this coming year much like last year, the big problem will come the moment they have a poor game or two or any real adversity.  no way in the world will Rex be able to stop the urge to take over the real control of the D unit, that is when things will falter.  It might take a year but sooner or later Schwartz will be gone and Rex will be in charge.

Do you know for a fact Rex is keeping Schwartz?? 

Do you know for a fact Rex is keeping Schwartz?? 

No, not at all.  He might get rid of him or Schwartz might fly the coup.  Someone said he had a mutli year deal in place so if they want to get rid of him they will be on the hook for it.  Rex will not want to rock the boat by removing a popular and successful DC most likely and will toss the guy an anchor once a few bad things happen defensively.

Your defense was awful this year, it's the only team we lit up both times. He had zero talent on that roster there. The Jets roster, especially defensively is much worse than ours. He's walking into a similar situation he got when he first arrived in NY.

You're acting like Rex was here for just this season.

No, not at all.  He might get rid of him or Schwartz might fly the coup.  Someone said he had a mutli year deal in place so if they want to get rid of him they will be on the hook for it.  Rex will not want to rock the boat by removing a popular and successful DC most likely and will toss the guy an anchor once a few bad things happen defensively.

Rex could have rocked the Titanic a boat is no problem at all.. They would have a personality clash IMO.. 

My guess is 5, but that will be because Marrone had the great Kyle Orton and poor Rex was " stuck " with EJ...also the Bills GM will draft poorly which will kill any chance of Rex succeeding...unlike the other 31 head coaches Rex has absolutly zero influence on who is on his roster

Can't wait for "EJ can make all tht throws and gives us the best chance to win" and refusing to yank him ever.

I'm still in shock that the Bills' owner fell for Rex tired bullsh*tt. That franchise is pining for their past glory days, which seem like centuries ago. Now you're going to try to sell your fans on Rex as the guy who will guide them back to a Super Bowl? lol And I thought Woody was a dunce.

Common.

Their new owner is the same guy that owns the Sabres, currently battling with Edmonton for the first draft pick in the 2015 NHL.draft.

and now he got sold by bullsh1t from a circus clown

They produced 23 tds and 13 picks with the EJ/Orton combo.. Depending on what the QB situation is next Sept they could possibly have a winning season..

Orton's gone and it doesn't look like EJ is the answer...

I guess, like the Jets - depending on the success of whatever vet/journeyman QB they bring in will likely determine their season.

Their D is going to be very good.

I'll say it again, some Jets Fans are going to have to decide who the like more, becase you cannot root for both the Jets and a Bills Coach Rex Ryan.  So better decide who you REALLY support.

I read this entire thread (my own fault) and you are beating this misguided point to death.  The funny thing is, I haven't seen one Jets fan say that they were now rooting for Rex and not the Jets.  Not one.  But, carry on, have at it.  

I read this entire thread (my own fault) and you are beating this misguided point to death.  The funny thing is, I haven't seen one Jets fan say that they were now rooting for Rex and not the Jets.  Not one.  But, carry on, have at it.  

You can't even like Rex as a person and they get mad.. I wish he would have taken the TV gig..

Oh come on, no one will say it but there are at least a half dozen posters who would be more than happy if the bills kick our asses each game and for the bills to go to the playoffs if not the super bowl.  A constant posting history makes that very very clear.  I'm not sure if I have ever declared 'I am a jets fan and want them to win the super bowl!' publicly on this forum, does that mean my other 10,000 posts about the Jets are invalid in this regard?

j

So, the Falcons and 49ers stopped returning his phone calls and he ends up flying to Florida to con the owners of the Bills (note that the GM wasn't present) into giving him the only job he could get. Top five coach, though.

The GM not being present is certainly interesting in light of this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/07/report-doug-whaley-telling-bills-candidates-that-manuels-struggles-due-to-coaching/

How many GM's will Rex burn through in good ole Buffalo?

The GM not being present is certainly interesting in light of this:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/07/report-doug-whaley-telling-bills-candidates-that-manuels-struggles-due-to-coaching/

How many GM's will Rex burn through in good ole Buffalo?

Good idea Doug...if your prime requirement for a HC is developing EJ Manuel, then WRECKS is unquestionably the offense guru you need to hire for 25 million

Here are some thoughts on Rex to the Bills from YES Network:

He's right about Buffalo being the best destination for Rex.  Not that it is best for Buffalo but it is best for Rex.  An existing top end defense, no pressure to do anything well on offense, Buffalo is similar to the Jets.  rex will do his thing, talk about his defense and if the offense fails it will be because of the OC or the GM.

If he went to Atlanta he would have had to actually deal with poor defensive personnel.

Archived