First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It doesn't matter...but if those losses cost the jets the playoffs or division that would be terrible.

I agree. Just trying to wrap my ahead around what it's going to be like in the future. Our new coach isn't going to get a fair shake from a lot of folks based on what Rex does in Buffalo, even if it isn't necassarily better.

Word is his OC will be Greg Roman. Dennis Thurman DC so Schwartz is going to be let go.

Schwartz is under a multi-year contract. The bills will probably try to get a late rd pick for him to move on. He did a great job with the bills last year. If McDaniels does indeed take the Falcons Job, Schwatz who also broke in under BB will be a likely candidate as DC. 

It's good because Rex will appeal to their rust belt, small town sensibility and they have no expectation of winning. It's bad because those people are good fans who are going to suffer, hard.

The Peace Bridge will be renamed the Rex Ryan "Foot" Bridge before the end of 2017.  Book it.

Is this your route now?

Lulza

TomShane two months ago:  "Well guys, looks like Arthur Blank won't be hiring Ryan.  He says he wants an impact coach, Rex will never work again and definitely not in Atlanta"

TomShane today: "Oh my god, look how mean Rex was to Arthur Blank.  He didn't sign with the poor man and chose not to do so while he was attending his mother's funeral that took place four days ago"

Lulza indeed

Spotlight is on the Jets now. They HAVE to do better or else this move has potential to haunt us for years.

Oh please, when have the Jets ever screwed up a situation with a head coach they had under contract who went on to sign with a division rival and win a bunch of super bowls?  When?

TomShane two months ago:  "Well guys, looks like Arthur Blank won't be hiring Ryan.  He says he wants an impact coach, Rex will never work again and definitely not in Atlanta"

TomShane today: "Oh my god, look how mean Rex was to Arthur Blank.  He didn't sign with the poor man and chose not to do so while he was attending his mother's funeral that took place four days ago"

Lulza indeed

The Falcons passed on Rex Ryan twice now. Twice.

Wait are there really people bragging on this thread about Rex taking a job in NFL Siberia because nobody else would hire him? This is the worst case for him..this is an awful situation..buddy's Cardinals part 2...he really is his fathers son we know that much.

Schwartz is under a multi-year contract. The bills will probably try to get a late rd pick for him to move on. He did a great job with the bills last year. If McDaniels does indeed take the Falcons Job, Schwatz who also broke in under BB will be a likely candidate as DC.

What do you mean? Mcdaniels is an oc, Schwartz is a dc.

Tom's obsession with Rex is one of the creepiest things I've ever seen in my life. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that he has a shrine to Rex in his basement equipped with voodoo dolls, chicken blood and the hair of a motherless goat.

Tom's obsession with Rex?

Wait are there really people bragging on this thread about Rex taking a job in NFL Siberia because nobody else would hire him? This is the worst case for him..this is an awful situation..buddy's Cardinals part 2...he really is his fathers son we know that much.

AP plays the role of Buddy's Emmit Smith?

Ya know I was hoping Rex landed someplace good and did very well. But I think he really didn't think this thru.

You pick a team with NO qb, no 1st rounder to get a top qb, no good free agent qb....so he's got 2 years minimum of garbage qb play.

Has this guy learned anything? Wtf is wrong with him?

If ATL didn't want you- sit a year. Wait for the right opp to open up.

Who cares if his D is Top 3. With that O they ain't going no where. Silly bastard.

He took the one HC gig he had a chance to get. It was Buffalo or becoming an anchor.

I think Buffalo would be stupid to change what they are doing on defense. They had that problem solved last year, and the players loved that dolt Schwartz.

I read that they "have every intention" of keeping Schwartz, not that he was staying.

He's under contract through next yr.

How can Buffalo even think of installing "The Wrecks" defensive system when Buffalo had a much better "D" than us last year. 289 pts/allowed   vs.401 for Jets

They actually force Turn-Overs.

The Daily News has learned that Ryan is finalizing a five-year deal for $27.5M to become the Bills' next head coach. Ryan’s first choice was to take over the Falcons, but a source told The News Saturday night that Atlanta was “dragging their feet” after failing to schedule a second interview.

He's under contract through next yr.

How can Buffalo even think of installing "The Wrecks" defensive system when Buffalo had a much better "D" than us last year. 289 pts/allowed   vs.401 for Jets

They actually force Turn-Overs.

Maybe Buffalo, unlike many Jets fans...looged on to NYJets.com and clicked the "roster" tab.

Archived