First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Technically, every team with an opening passed on him except for the Bills.

As evidenced by the fact that all the other jobs were filled before the Bills settled for Rex.

I really wish he just took the TV job. Or at least got a job in the NFC. I really don't want to continue to read about him here like I'm going to have to now. That's easily the worst thing about this development.

The job he was fired from was worse, as is the Raiders job. Two truths thru my teeth.

I think this is a bad fit for Rex, but thinking that this guarantees that the Bills will be worse -or that the Jets are now magically gonna dominate them- is silly. Rex learned on the job here. He's a better head coach than he was when he first got the job. If they retain Schwartz, Rex can take the opportunity to be the complete head coach he never was here.

I'd prefer it if he weren't in the division. I'd rather be able to root for the guy.

Retaining Schwartz doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me because they don't coach the same type of defense. I understand being a true HC rather then a glorified DC, but the beauty of Rex is his defensive coaching ability.

The job he was fired from was worse, as is the Raiders job. Two truths thru my teeth.

I think this is a bad fit for Rex, but thinking that this guarantees that the Bills will be worse -or that the Jets are now magically gonna dominate them- is silly. Rex learned on the job here. He's a better head coach than he was when he first got the job. If they retain Schwartz, Rex can take the opportunity to be the complete head coach he never was here.

I'd prefer it if he weren't in the division. I'd rather be able to root for the guy.

Raiders have a QB, but yeah, hard to argue that one isn't the worst out there - I actually forgot about them when making that statement.

Jets job isn't a job I would have considered part of the opportunities for Rex. I didn't think I'd have to make a qualifier like that. 

Rex being better now than when he got here is arguable, but an argument I really don't want to have to take on. I don't care.

As evidenced by the fact that all the other jobs were filled before the Bills settled for Rex.

I really wish he just took the TV job. Or at least got a job in the NFC. I really don't want to continue to read about him here like I'm going to have to now. That's easily the worst thing about this development.

He would have been talked about the same no matter where he ended up as a coach, only chance of having the Rex talk fade was him going to TV. 

I'm hoping he starts throwing the Jets organization under the bus now, so we can really see what type of person he is. 

Personally, he's dead to me at this point. It would have been a fun story if he couldn't get a job, (and he should send Doug Marrone flowers today for leaving the Bills job open), but now that he has one, I'll only give a sh*t twice a year. I'm sure, though, that we'll see a bunch of material from the usual suspects if he gets off to a decent start there. COUGH

Congrats to Rex and thanks for the memories.  But his situation reminds me of when

we fired Mangini.  Both had obvious flaws that needed to be corrected if they wanted

to become better HC.  Mangini dealing with people and Ryan dealing with the other

side of the ball.  Both got jobs immediately after we fired them and neither had any

time to deal with their issues

this is not what I wanted to see-Revis on pats-our best corner ever and our best coach ever minus weeb in the division

I predict great things for rex and the bills-their defense is lethal and I am sure Rex will learn from his mistakes with the Jets-as a jets fan I am glad he has no qb there as they are better than us at almost every position talent wise

pete carroll learned from his mistakes he made early on -BB learned from his mistakes with the Browns-Rex will learn too although his first coaching run was BETTER than PC and BB

Congrats to Rex and thanks for the memories.  But his situation reminds me of when

we fired Mangini.  Both had obvious flaws that needed to be corrected if they wanted

to become better HC.  Mangini dealing with people and Ryan dealing with the other

side of the ball.  Both got jobs immediately after we fired them and neither had any

time to deal with their issues

Mangini led us to how many AFC championship games?

Personally, he's dead to me at this point. It would have been a fun story if he couldn't get a job, (and he should send Doug Marrone flowers today for leaving the Bills job open), but now that he has one, I'll only give a sh*t twice a year. I'm sure, though, that we'll see a bunch of material from the usual suspects if he gets off to a decent start there. COUGH

Lol. Dude, no suspect is more usual than you when it comes to Rex posts.

What worries me the most is Rex always had his Jets up for the Pats game.

It always took Brady being Brady to stop the Jets from winning those close games.

Now we'll be the Pats to Rex and there's no Brady to save us.

Rex will probably fail in Buffalo, but he'll beat the Jets.

The Bills have seen plenty of Rex. They know that even with a mediocre QB, he is capable of making a SB run. I'm torn right now.  I was expecting the Falcons so that we don't have to face him every year.  I guess that he sensed that the NE guy running the Falcons were pushing hard for the anti-social of Josh McDaniel.  I hope that Mr. Blank fired those two azzh... for incompetence.  

Agree with tom here.... As true jets fans , we root for the uniform, players and coaches move on. Personally, by training camp, as a jets fan, I will now focus on all the short comings others teams fans used to point out about rex. Big mouth, awful game management, defenses overrated, actually gave up a lot of pts though yardage numbers were good, clueless on offense and game plans, etc, etc. in short, he is now hated rival, and should be treated that way.

Doubt he was ever getting that job. That's ATL writers trolling their fans, if nothing else.

Atlanta may steal Quinn from us.

That's what I am afraid of we wait for Quinn and he is hired somewhere else. I don't believe in this wink crap We always hear the jets are the front runner for this and that and we r left with our D**k in our hand.

Classy of Rex to burn Arthur Blank while he's burying his mother in Atlanta. This will be fun to watch up close, anyway.

EDIT: THE FALCONS PASSED ON REX. MY APOLOGIES TO REX FOR THIS SLANDER

Think Pioli and Demtrioff freaked the eff out and Blank came to his senses.

The Bills hire a coach they beat twice by a total score of 81-26.

Good luck. The Bills are gonna need it, especially if his next big idea for offense is to hire Trestman. Cannot beleive it's true, ut some media reports indicate in his meeting with the Bears, Ryan said he would like to bring back Trestman as OC, which means he either didn't really want the job or is f___ing nuts.

What worries me the most is Rex always had his Jets up for the Pats game.

It always took Brady being Brady to stop the Jets from winning those close games.

Now we'll be the Pats to Rex and there's no Brady to save us.

Rex will probably fail in Buffalo, but he'll beat the Jets.

There was a lot of sabotaging from our QB every time we played NE. 

That's what I am afraid of we wait for Quinn and he is hired somewhere else. I don't believe in this wink crap We always hear the jets are the front runner for this and that and we r left with our D**k in our hand.

We will know in a few days if Quinn is our guy.  With the new GM Mike Maccagnan in place and the last guy we want to interview Gary Kubiack now available for an interview, if we don't hire someone this week then Quinn is our guy.

Honestly, Rex Ryan is exactly what the Bills, their fans, and the city of Buffalo actually needed. This is a perfect fit except for the fact they have EJ Manuel.

Buffalo has an incredible fan base.   Both in the buffalo area and around the country.   

I'm in DC and it never ceases to amaze me how many Bills fans take over sports bars in this area.  I think Rex personality is perfect for the Bills, especially given their 15 years of irrelevance.    I don't think they've been to the playoffs since Flutie was the QB.  

One more reason for me to hate that POS.  Probably the only morons to offer that JAG-minus HC a job.  

Good.  Crash and burn and bring the fukkin' Bills down with you, foot boy.  Can't wait to hear all the positive spin after you tank and bring Buffalo further down into

their abyss.  

Oh yeah, best of luck with EJ.  LOL!  You think Geno was bad?  Wait, bitch.  That will be fun to watch.  I'm already breaking out the wife's pop corn popper.

All the more reason to get a Offensive minded HC like Kubiak in here to carve up that 1980's Defense.

Didn't Nate Hackett's offense with no practice time and no RBs to speak of carved up Rex's defense twice last yr. Nobody around here want him as a coordinator.

I think Schwartz and rex may have a tough time co-existing... Very different defenses... Something to watch... Would not be surprised if Schwartz opts out.. And let's remember , the rex and bill b. thing does not go away... His focus will continue to be there, not on the 4-12 team he just left.

Archived