First HC Hired - Rex to Bills

JetsFanatic

Mangini's teams led us to how many AFCCG's ??

Zero- his teams never did anything-he could not get his players to perform-Rex was able to always get the most out of less-when given good players to coach Rex got them to most weeks perform very well-nobody would do anything with the current talent on the jets-it is like the Knicks-god himself could coach them and they would have a losing record

• Replies 934
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont forget the chest bump when you score, even when down 24-7 in the 4th.

"Here come the smash mouth Buffalo Bills"...LMAO.

Exactly what we all said yesterday after Edelman throws that TD to Amendola (fukkin awesome play, BTW).  Notice how Belicheat and his staff react.   Act like you've been there before.  

Again, can't wait to hear all the same BS we got from Rex the last six years once he starts coaching the Bills.  Their board is gonna flip out.  I might need to join in after they start off 0-4.

Zero- his teams never did anything-he could not get his players to perform-Rex was able to always get the most out of less-when given good players to coach Rex got them to most weeks perform very well-nobody would do anything with the current talent on the jets-it is like the Knicks-god himself could coach them and they would have a losing record

A singer in a smoky room ------- Don't stop believing , hold on to those AFCCG losses .

We saw what Rex could do when the players from Mangini's/Tanny watch left.  Rex brought in his vets (Scott/Leonard/Reed) and guys who played well against his Ravens D ( Holmes/Edwards/Mason). Otherwise he has no clue how to develop and coach young talent. Not worried one iota about Rex being in division. 

How long will it take for Rex to learn not to challenge the spot of the ball, as they are almost never overturned? How long before he learns how to manage the clock?

Apparently 6 years isn't long enough. Rex doesn't learn from mistakes. He will not get better.

I hear Rex called Herm for advice on that very subject..

I am torn. The idea of Rex taking his entire staff with him is funny cause they haven't accomplished much in a while. But I am also interested in seeing Rex run a team with a ton of control over personnel power. Not that I know if he had any here or not, but still. 

Also, the Bills have a stud D Line. Throw in all our castoffs, and Revis.. thats gonna look like Jets North.

bills have a stud wr too, stud defense-a very solid rb committee and none of them are facing gun charges

I wanted to root for him to be successful in Atlanta or SF. Now We gotta deal with his defense twice a year. At least Geno can't look as bad as he did vs Buffalo this year or can he?.

Naw, can't beat a zero QB rating.

The Falcons board is in mourning.  They are even cursing at poor Arthur Blank whose mother dies a few days ago.

Thats misguided. Ryan is going to be a disaster where ever he goes.

Only care about the Jets ultimately. And this is bad for the jets only because potential HC candidates have another job to choose over or play off the Jets.

Assistant Coach(for drinking games?) Jeff Weeks. Which tells you a lot about Rex Ryan; he keeps a nonhacker around because he is his boozing pal even if he contributes nothing and in the case of Mke Pettine antagonizes the guy running your defense. Good luck with that.

A singer in a smoky room ------- Don't stop believing , hold on to those AFCCG losses .

We saw what Rex could do when the players from Mangini's/Tanny watch left.  Rex brought in his vets (Scott/Leonard/Reed) and guys who played well against his Ravens D ( Holmes/Edwards/Mason). Otherwise he has no clue how to develop and coach young talent. Not worried one iota about Rex being in division. 

Rex was never gm-he played the guys that were given to him-in order to coach and develop young talent there must be TALENT- what talent did Rex fail to develop? They drafted mostly defense on his watch and those young guys played well and developed fine-Wilkerson and Richardson prime examples

I will hold on to the AFCCG losses-having been a ticket holder for over 30 years I know how RARE those are for this organization

Not cool. Buffalo would've been a team in trouble after their coach quit on 'em. Now we've given them a coach that can give a lot of momentum and move them along further.

Keeping Rex would've been best. Him going to Atlanta next best thing. But Rex in Buffalo sucks. All the haters said he wouldn't get a coaching gig but he ends up being first coach hired.

At least it makes Jets/Bills games more fun. But whenever Jets get eliminated now I'm gonna have to root for Buffalo.

This Quinn dude better be worth it.

How long will it take for Rex to learn not to challenge the spot of the ball, as they are almost never overturned? How long before he learns how to manage the clock?

Apparently 6 years isn't long enough. Rex doesn't learn from mistakes. He will not get better.

Youre just a Rex hater. it was ALL IDZIKS FAULT!

this should be great. we get to play a defense that consistently blows games when they need to get a stop. rex's defenses have been so "not as advertised" the whole time he's been here basically. no worried at all. he has one trick: make it look like everyone is blitzing and then pull some guys who can't cover back into coverage. brilliant!!!

All this while having the #1 or #2 D over the last 6 yrs.

Not cool. Buffalo would've been a team in trouble after their coach quit on 'em. Now we've given them a coach that can give a lot of momentum and move them along further.

Keeping Rex would've been best. Him going to Atlanta next best thing. But Rex in Buffalo sucks. All the haters said he wouldn't get a coaching gig but he ends up being first coach hired.

At least it makes Jets/Bills games more fun. But whenever Jets get eliminated now I'm gonna have to root for Buffalo.

This Quinn dude better be worth it.

Like us after a 4-12 season and no playoffs the last four years?  I hope Rex continues with his unique brand of momentum building up in Buffalo.

the argument cant develop talent is stupid-funny how this talent did nothing after it left the jets

BB and Pet Carroll both had very rocky starts to their head coaching runs-both defense guys that learned to grow their skills over time

I am fine with Rex being let go-sometimes you need to start fresh all over and the jets dont have the talent to win anything now 

anybody that saw the Tebow fiasco knows first hand Rex did not have a great deal of control over the roster-he never wanted him but yet was forced to have him on his roster

the only influence Rex had was getting a few ex ravens willing to play for him 

Happy for Rex, but how can anyone who watched the Jets go 6-10, 8-8 and 4-12 the last 3 years actually be scarred that he is coaching another team in our division?

Because alot of us think it wasn't all his fault.  This roster has been degrading since the 2nd AFCCG.  Tannenbaum destroyed the offense, Idzik destroyed the defense and there you have it 4 and 12.   It's not like he got stupider the more he coached.  He was the same guy, different team. 

Archived