BUCKEYES @ MARIOTA - Monday; Jan 12; 8:30pm ET ESPN

jetrider

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wilson's arm is to Mariota's arm what Randy Johnson's arm is to Jamie Moyer's arm.

Randy Johnson's arm is much longer. So I am sure there is a saber metric stat that will explain to us why Moyer actually throws harder.

Meh. He doesn't throw it well enough, nor does he run fast enough to survive, imo. Poor velocity is a killer in the pros. You don't have to throw it 80 yards, but you need to be able to zip it 15 yards with some heat. I have never seen that when watching Mariota. He's also a skinny dude who wants to run it, which never works on the pro level.

Oh my god.

Mariota is playing with backup WRs, his starters are out with injury. His receivers had big drops on consecutive 3rd downs, that was a huge momentum killer.

Bit harsh to judge him on this game.

He looks better on this drive, unfortunately they have to settle for a field goal

It's as dumb as the bozos sh*tting on Winston last game.

This game is one coach completely out-coaching another coach. Cardale Jones is not the next Tom Brady and Mariota doesn't suck.

So what happens when Mariota goes up against NFL defenses?  He just gonna sh*t himself then too?  It's a legit concern for a team looking to use a top 5 pick on a QB.

Why is it dumb?  On the big stage he looked the weaker prospect compared to Winston and tonight he's getting out-shined by a 3rd stringer.  It's relevant.

Not really. More like Urban Meyer is putting on a clinic. Mariota is exactly what he was this morning, best QB prospect in the draft. Dude is not ready to start Y1 but the nonsense he's garbage is just typical overreaction. Same thing as last week with Winston. He's still the other top QB prospect.

Maybe. Weak draft class and hot stock may convince him too? Can't end a season better than this.

Agreed.  His options are go back to school and compete for the starting job at OSU, transfer and sit out a year, or enter the draft and maybe get grabbed in the 3rd round.  I think the last one is the most appealing to a 22-year old.

mid round based on a whopping 3 games worth of film?

"A" mid round. He'll be a project QB somewhere.

His three games were all big: a blowout over Wisconsin in the Big Ten title game, beat Alabama in the CFP semifinal, and now this CFP Championship.  

Agreed.  His options are go back to school and compete for the starting job at OSU, transfer and sit out a year, or enter the draft and maybe get grabbed in the 3rd round.  I think the last one is the most appealing to a 22-year old.

Based on his background, I agree. I think he just might declare for the bucks.

So what happens when Mariota goes up against NFL defenses?  He just gonna sh*t himself then too?  It's a legit concern for a team looking to use a top 5 pick on a QB.

See as a fan we can just sit here and perpetrate the falacy Mariota is sh*tting himself and if they lose, if it happens, is all on him. That's fine, I'm not looking to change your mind but you're wrong imo.

Not really. More like Urban Meyer is putting on a clinic. Mariota is exactly what he was this morning, best QB prospect in the draft. Dude is not ready to start Y1 but the nonsense he's garbage is just typical overreaction. Same thing as last week with Winston. He's still the other top QB prospect.

You want to use the sixth overall on him?

You want to use the sixth overall on him?

I would take him in the second or third round. He is Kaepernick without the arm strength. Maybe he develops, maybe he doesn't. You just saw the injury factor right there. He won't be playing Ohio st on Sunday's either.

Archived