BUCKEYES @ MARIOTA - Monday; Jan 12; 8:30pm ET ESPN

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm more excited about Cardale Jones than Mariota

That Superman leap just earned him a 2nd round grade from Bradway.

I've probaly watched a dozen Ducks games over the last 2 years. He has 4.4 speed, arm strength and 6'3 size and frame, top notch, class character.

And i get how Winston could be considered the better overall prospect but he's such a POS turd I wouldn't touch him with a ten foot ball. but it's not bc he sucks imo.

I don't see it.  Winston and his long wind up are Geno part deux.

Winston should just stick to baseball. 

I would. But Only  if they did it right and  sat him for a year.

We say this every year we're considering a QB.  We wouldn't sit Mariota.  There are zero hold the fort veterans on the market.  Any QB available would embarrass himself and we'd have Mariota in there by Week 3.

I would take him in the second or third round. He is Kaepernick without the arm strength. Maybe he develops, maybe he doesn't. You just saw the injury factor right there. He won't be playing Ohio st on Sunday's either.

Agreed.

I would. But Only  if they did it right and  sat him for a year.

If I'm using a top ten pick on a QB, he's gotta be a Golden Gawd. I'm not drafting a gangly kid that I need to put into an incubator and pray he figures out how to be an NFL QB.

Agreed.

If I'm using a top ten pick on a QB, he's gotta be a Golden Gawd. I'm not drafting a gangly kid that I need to put into an incubator and pray he figures out how to be an NFL QB.

So, you're saying you're only using a top 10 pic on a QB if its the 1983 or 2004 draft class.

So, you're saying you're only using a top 10 pic on a QB if its the 1983 or 2004 draft class.

The top 10 is for sure fire prospects regardless of position. Draft any other way and you wind up with D Fat or Gholston. That's why I want no part of Cooper, Mariota or Winston.

No, I'm using that pick on a QB that has the size, arm, accuracy, brain, and motivation. If he's missing any of that, then I can take him in a later round. Mariota seems to have physical limitations on top of having to learn the NFL game.

The top 10 is for sure fire prospects regardless of position. Draft any other way and you wind up with D Fat or Gholston. That's why I want no part of Cooper, Mariota or Winston.

I think Cooper is sure-fire.

I think Cooper is sure-fire.

I don't like his size. Want to see combine numbers - but based on what I see on the field, I am not sure he is big enought to run the whole route tree. I want a guy who can run the whole route tree at number 6.

No, I'm using that pick on a QB that has the size, arm, accuracy, brain, and motivation. If he's missing any of that, then I can take him in a later round. Mariota seems to have physical limitations on top of having to learn the NFL game.

A QB with the size, arm, accuracy, brain, and motivation is going 1st overall rather than merely top 10.

There simply are not that many QB prospects over the last 30 years that have all the qualities you're looking for. Thus, teams are forced to draft QBs high who dont have those qualities you seek.

I don't like his size. Want to see combine numbers - but based on what I see on the field, I am not sure he is big enought to run the whole route tree. I want a guy who can run the whole route tree at number 6.

6'1"' 205-210 is plenty big, imo. Even if he runs a 4.5, I still think he's Victor Cruz-like.

A QB with the size, arm, accuracy, brain, and motivation is going 1st overall rather than merely top 10.

There simply are not that many QB prospects over the last 30 years that have all the qualities you're looking for. Thus, teams are forced to draft QBs high who dont have those qualities you seek.

This is how teams end up with Christian Ponder, however.

I've probaly watched a dozen Ducks games over the last 2 years. He has 4.4 speed, arm strength and 6'3 size and frame, top notch, class character.

The speed is a worthless stat. Mike Vick ran a 4.2. RGIII ran a 4.3. The NFL kills these guys. And if you take the legs away from Mariota, he doesn't have the arm to compensate.