Rex looking to "steal" our staff

DaBallhawk

Oh boy, we're screwed.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/mehta-fickle-falcons-led-rex-ryan-bills-job-article-1.2074037

He wants to bring aboard several Jets assistants, including defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman and quarterbacks coach David Lee, and former 49ers offensive coordinator Greg Roman.

Somewhere Jim Schwartz is shaking his head. This is going to be a big mess unless Schwartz walks. In that case I'd roll out the red carpet to get him to NY. What the hell is Buffalo doing? Bunch of idiots, honestly. They should have just promoted Schwartz and brought in a new D-Coordinator (whoever is coaching their D-Line). Instead they bring in Rex Ryan who now controls Jim Schwartz. Two huge egos. And now Ryan wants to bring in his good pal Dennis Thurman who failed miserably with the Jets...to do what? Schwartz would have to go, otherwise it makes no sense. I mean that's 3 defensive coordinators on one team. I can't wait, this is gonna be hilarious watching Rex, Thurman & Schwartz fight on the sideline each week.

giphy.gif

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Read somewhere that Dunbar wants to stay with the Jets.

Would this be the right time to promote him to DC? I mean it's now or never with him. Perfect spot, perfect timing. If he can't do it then it'll never happen. But what makes sense is that if we do hire Quinn (or Bowles) he wouldn't have to run the defense by himself. I don't see too many other great DC options out there except for Schwartz if he leaves.

Would this be the right time to promote him to DC? I mean it's now or never with him. Perfect spot, perfect timing. If he can't do it then it'll never happen. But what makes sense is that if we do hire Quinn (or Bowles) he wouldn't have to run the defense by himself. I don't see too many other great DC options out there except for Schwartz if he leaves.

Yeah, the big question is how much control over the defense is Quinn going to want?  That will determine the level of DC...

Hopefully he plans to be a complete HC and allow the DC to be a DC...In that case you might have a shot at a Schwartz - if Quinn expects to be more a DC/HC then Dunbar might be a good fit.

Way to argue my points. Go register @ BuffaloBills.com and follow your hero.

ahhh. the new narrative. anyone that disagrees that rex was the worst thing to happen to the jets, is now a buffalo fan jet traitor. kinda like the "idzik has a plan and he is sticking to it so stop your whining" agenda  so many of you had during the offseason.

I can't figure out why someone like Karl Dunbar hasn't already been promoted to defensive coordinator.

Probably because Quinn will hire a staff when he can be officially announced.

Unless....wink wink...the deal is done and his staff is already being assembled

ahhh. the new narrative. anyone that disagrees that rex was the worst thing to happen to the jets, is now a buffalo fan jet traitor. kinda like the "idzik has a plan and he is sticking to it so stop your whining" agenda  so many of you had during the offseason.

I love how you consider "OH YOURE JUST A REX HATER!!" a valid point or even an argument. What the hell does that have to do with disagreeing with me?

Rexihaters are in total distress.  They are so mad and obsessed that you can see those starting new thread every hour about Rex.  First they had a party saying that Rex will never get a HC job.  One poster even was mocking Rex for not getting a HC job within 24 hours after being let go by the Jets.  Them when teams began to show interests in hiring him, they stated saying that he will get another HC job BUT ONLY when all the others team had chosen their coach.  Today, their obsession is the Jets assistants going to the Bills.  Tomorrow obsession will be whether Rex has the personnel in place to make it to the afcc in his first year as Bills HC.   :lololol:

Rexihaters are in total distress.  They are so mad and obsessed that you can see those starting new thread every hour about Rex.  First they had a party saying that Rex will never get a HC job.  One poster even was mocking Rex for not getting a HC job within 24 hours after being let go by the Jets.  Them when teams began to show interests in hiring him, they stated saying that he will get another HC job BUT ONLY when all the others team had chosen their coach.  Today, their obsession is the Jets assistants going to the Bills.  Tomorrow obsession will be whether Rex has the personnel in place to make it to the afcc in his first year as Bills HC.   :lololol:

^^

Revenge of the nerd. Talk about being obsessed. Are you already covered in Bills gear?

Archived