Jets to Interview Sean McDermott for HC

C Mart

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to be surprised if we see "HC interviews" this week (wink, wink) and these

candidates are actually guys who Quinn wants on his staff

Is he still under contract? If so, he can't come to the Jets, unless Carolina allows it.

I thought we had a airplane gased and ready at all times for the minute Quinn is available?

Yeah...who the heck knows what's going on...

It's actually kind of fun have no real idea what's going to happen.

Get the sense Quinn's the guy but I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being someone else.

Sounds like they are worried they might not be able to get Quinn or Bowles. Today's Peter King MMQB:

a. Atlanta, after Rex Ryan went to the Bills (too much uncertainty in the Falcons organization to hire him, from what I hear), likes two NFC West defensive coordinators—Seattle’s Dan Quinn and Arizona’s Todd Bowles. I bet they’d hire Quinn if he were available right now, but knowing he might not be on the street for three more weeks might play into it.

b. The Jets, I hear, were scrambling to interview Bowles last night or today. They love Quinn too. They may not be able to get Quinn. If I were Quinn, with no sure quarterback there and no great familiarity with prospective GM Mike Maccagnan, the Texans’ director of college scouting, I’d much rather have the Atlanta job, even though I have family roots in New Jersey

Sounds like they are worried they might not be able to get Quinn or Bowles. Today's Peter King MMQB:

a. Atlanta, after Rex Ryan went to the Bills (too much uncertainty in the Falcons organization to hire him, from what I hear), likes two NFC West defensive coordinators—Seattle’s Dan Quinn and Arizona’s Todd Bowles. I bet they’d hire Quinn if he were available right now, but knowing he might not be on the street for three more weeks might play into it.

b. The Jets, I hear, were scrambling to interview Bowles last night or today. They love Quinn too. They may not be able to get Quinn. If I were Quinn, with no sure quarterback there and no great familiarity with prospective GM Mike Maccagnan, the Texans’ director of college scouting, I’d much rather have the Atlanta job, even though I have family roots in New Jersey

That Atlanta job trumps ours which is a BIG Issue....

Rex going there would have got him out of the division and took care of our biggest threat. We have to hope Atlanta hires someone before the Superbowl 

That Atlanta job trumps ours which is a BIG Issue....

Rex going there would have got him out of the division and took care of our biggest threat. We have to hope Atlanta hires someone before the Superbowl 

Atlanta, Chicago, and San Fran all trump the Jets job. Rex took the only job less desirable than the Jets.

Archived