John Fox Broncos part ways

Jetlife33

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Uhhh...the guy couldn't win with Peyton manning as his QB. You think he can win with Geno and the collection of sh*t at corner and LB on this defense? 

I think the big concern is now there is Denver looking for a HC which likely just became the #1 attraction over Atlanta. 

Uhhh...the guy couldn't win with Peyton manning as his QB. You think he can win with Geno and the collection of sh*t at corner and LB on this defense? 

I think the big concern is now there is Denver looking for a HC which likely just became the #1 attraction over Atlanta. 

if Peyton's not coming back it's not a particularly attractive job.  Even if he does - it's only for a year and then they're starting over.

He got to the super bowl with Jake Delhomme.

Lol, I'm pretty sure "getting over the hump" is what Gruden was known for.

Good thing Dungy's defense brought them back from three scores down in the 2006 AFC Championship Game or poor Peyton would retire ringless.

Lmao,  you sound so salty right now. So let me get this right. In one breath Peyton Manning is labeled a "choke artist" when it comes to the playoffs, I think having 9 "one and done" years and being beat many times by Brady in the playoffs. Dungy comes in, and drafts his 5 pro bowl players on defense (given your infatuation with his defense) and this time Peyton actually plays the part of a playoff QB and has a historic comeback against Belichick and Brady. 

No, that doesnt count because you know....Dungy has Peyton Manning. But when Dungy isn't involved then Manning has always been a choke artist in the playoffs.

You haters love to have that cake and eat it too. Look, I wont get in the way of your cake. Enjoy, but the hate that people have for Dungy is just that. 

So here's the order.

Gase goes to San Francisco

Quinn goes to Denver

Bowles goes to Atlanta

Marrone goes to Chicago

Jets get Frank Reich. Not a bad option

Think it's more likely Fox goes to ATL or CHI. I personally don't think Reich gets a job this year, his resume is just too thin, just 1 year as coordinator. I'd be surprised if Woody doesn't hire one Quinn, Bowles, Marrone.

Can't argue that Fox has an impressive resume, although no championship.  I just don't want a 60 year old head coach who never has really seemed top tier. He had good and bad years in Carolina and Peyton Manning has won about 12 games any year with any coach he's ever had.  I want a younger coach with potential to be the answer for long term sustained success.

Disagree..... It's better by several games. neither Herm nor REX are over 500 . Fox had a practice squad QB and went to a SB.

He was a whole TWO GAMES OVER .500. In EIGHT YEARS.

Herm and Rex were both two games under .500. It really is a negligible difference. In fact, during Fox's years in Carolina, the Jets collectively were 78-77. That's a .503 winning percentage, compared to Fox's .507. Again, these things happened at the exact same time.

Well if Woody and Quinn do have an under the table deal in place, then Quinn will refuse to interview for the Broncos and the Jets will stay put.

if the Jets had an under the table deal in place with Dan Quinn they wouldn't be requesting an interview with Sean McDermott or a second interview with Todd Bowles.

He was a whole TWO GAMES OVER .500. In EIGHT YEARS.

Herm and Rex were both two games under .500. It really is a negligible difference. In fact, during Fox's years in Carolina, the Jets collectively were 78-77. That's a .503 winning percentage, compared to Fox's .507. Again, these things happened at the exact same time.

Fair enough but he took over a 1 and 15 team. REX and Herm had pretty good squads.

Lmao, you sound so salty right now. So let me get this right. In one breath Peyton Manning is labeled a "choke artist" when it comes to the playoffs, I think having 9 "one and done" years and being beat many times by Brady in the playoffs. Dungy comes in, and drafts his 5 pro bowl players on defense (given your infatuation with his defense) and this time Peyton actually plays the part of a playoff QB and has a historic comeback against Belichick and Brady.

No, that doesnt count because you know....Dungy has Peyton Manning. But when Dungy isn't involved then Manning has always been a choke artist in the playoffs.

You haters love to have that cake and eat it too. Look, I wont get in the way of your cake. Enjoy, but the hate that people have for Dungy is just that.

That would have more credibility if Peyton didn't firmly establish his choker rep WHILE PLAYING FOR DUNGY. How many of those one and dones came with the great Dungy on the sideline?

You know what's funny? Both franchises he coached IMMEDIATELY went to the Super Bowl the year after Dungy left. I wonder if they'll put that tidbit on Tony's HOF plaque.

Archived