Fox Declines Interview Request with Jets, Or He Was Never Asked to Interview

JetsFanatic

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 1m1 minute ago

John Fox declined HC interview with Jets, per NFL source. Hard to imagine turning down one HC chance unless there's real chance for another.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 16m16 minutes ago

In response to my earlier tweet about Jets' contact with John Fox, Jets officials said no interview request was made.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox is 60, and over-rated as a coach. He's not coming into a "prove-it" situation if he can avoid it. Gotta hope he lands in ATL, he probably sees the franchise QB, his old division, close to home and it's an easy division to win. He doesn't want any part of trying to dethrone Brady.

The man has no sack. That's why he has no rings.

Jets are the least desirable head coach vacancy out there.  Idiot owner who meddles, NY media hates, National Media hates you, play in same division as Tom Brady, horrible roster, no qb....

McCagnan better know wtf he's doing because we'd be lucky to get Reich or Marrone at this point.

Jets are the least desirable head coach vacancy out there.  Idiot owner who meddles, NY media hates, National Media hates you, play in same division as Tom Brady, horrible roster, no qb....

McCagnan better know wtf he's doing because we'd be lucky to get Reich or Marrone at this point.

I don't agree. The Jets are in a great salary cap situation, and have a high draft pick.  I also don't think Woody treats his HC bad.  Oakland by far is the least desirable job.

Fox is 60, and over-rated as a coach. He's not coming into a "prove-it" situation if he can avoid it. Gotta hope he lands in ATL, he probably sees the franchise QB, his old division, close to home and it's an easy division to win. He doesn't want any part of trying to dethrone Brady.

The man has no sack. That's why he has no rings.

Truth. 

I don't agree. The Jets are in a great salary cap situation, and have a high draft pick.  I also don't think Woody treats his HC bad.  Oakland by far is the least desirable job.

Oakland has a better roster than us and Carr is better than any qb on our roster and anyone on the FA market.  Plus the Raiders have 0 expectations  - you could go 7-9 with the Raiders next year and be a hero.

Yes he does.  Its called a Circus atmosphere.  look what has gone on the past 6 yrs. 

Nobody good wants to work for Woody.  He is the worst owner in the NFL - even worse than Son of Al.

He forced the front office to trade for Tebow, fires a half-way competent GM for carrying out his instructions and then needs a committee to help him find the worst NFL GM since Matt Millen.

What the heck is going on with Quinn?

If he's a lock to be our new HC(as everyone is reporting) why in the he!! are we sticking our necks out, being made to look like CHUMPS!!

This certainly will not be endearing us to Quinn or Bowles>

If Quinn is not a sure thing, I get a Shanahan Jr. or a Marrone or somebody else who WANTS the job.

If we end up with everyone's leftover scraps I'll be pissed!

Jets are the least desirable head coach vacancy out there. Idiot owner who meddles, NY media hates, National Media hates you, play in same division as Tom Brady, horrible roster, no qb....

Oh, did the Raiders hire a coach? I must have missed that one.

I seem to remember Dan Quinn being the hottest candidate before today. What's been reported as his first choice, again?

As to the Fox news (lol Fox News), good. Over-rated, mediocre and coaches not to lose. I want a winner, not a pussy.

What the heck is going on with Quinn?

If he's a lock to be our new HC(as everyone is reporting) why in the he!! are we sticking our necks out, being made to look like CHUMPS!!

This certainly will not be endearing us to Quinn or Bowles>

If Quinn is not a sure thing, I get a Shanahan Jr. or a Marrone or somebody else who WANTS the job.

If we end up with everyone's leftover scraps I'll be pissed!

Quinn is far from a sure thing. The 49ers, Falcons, and Broncos want him. I wouldn't bank on him landing with us.

Quinn is far from a sure thing. The 49ers, Falcons, and Broncos want him. I wouldn't bank on him landing with us.

Then let's tell Maccagnan, Wolf & Casserly to get off the toilet and get somebody descent under contract.

Don't want to be the fat kid with nobody to dance with. I'll even take the chick with some warts!

Oh, did the Raiders hire a coach? I must have missed that one.

I seem to remember Dan Quinn being the hottest candidate before today. What's been reported as his first choice, again?

As to the Fox news (lol Fox News), good. Over-rated, mediocre and coaches not to lose. I want a winner, not a pussy.

Fox is a pussy?  Enlighten me on that one. 

Name the head coaching candidate out there that is actually available (not some Cowher/Gruden pipe dream).  The only one who has a better track record is Mike Shanahan and he probably wants nothing to do with the Jet job unless Woody grows a brain and decides to throw a boatload of money at him.

Then let's tell Maccagnan, Wolf & Casserly to get off the toilet and get somebody descent under contract.

Don't want to be the fat kid with nobody to dance with. I'll even take the chick with some warts!

They are working it!! They are bringing in Sean McDermott, the DC for the Panthers in and are bringing Bowles back for a 2nd interview.

Fox is a pussy? Enlighten me on that one.

Name the head coaching candidate out there that is actually available (not some Cowher/Gruden pipe dream). The only one who has a better track record is Mike Shanahan and he probably wants nothing to do with the Jet job unless Woody grows a brain and decides to throw a boatload of money at him.

Are you kidding me? How about kneeling it at the end of regulation with timeouts in his pocket in the Ravens playoff loss? With the GOAT behind center? That ring any bells? Fox is well known as an extremely conservative coach.

How about not a retread? Can I pick that option? Every coach is 0-0 before they've coached a game, even Fox, Gruden, and Cowher.

Archived