Possible Scenarios

KRL

- With all the unrest in DEN is Demaryius Thomas a possible target in free
agency?  With Harvin due $10 million next year we could cut him and allocate
that money to Thomas.  In addition if anyone watched Decker's reality show
when it was on, Thomas loves Decker and his wife like a brother and sister

- If not Thomas another possible WR target could be Randall Cobb out of GB.
With Davante Adams breakout game on Sunday do they save their money and let
Cobb walk?

- For some reason I believe Mariota will slip when he goes through the pre-draft
process.  Similar to the way Bridgewater slipped as the scouts picked his game
apart when they got their look at him.  Here's my question if he's available at
#6 do you take him?  Or do you take a call from Chip Kelly in PHI who is offering
this year's #1, #2, #3 and next year's #3 (based on the draft chart) 

Depends on if your scouts think he has a high percentage to be a legit franchise guy.

If he drops to six, which I think is highly unlikely - thab multiple other QB desperate teams didn't think he was the guy.

Moreover, if those other teams pass - you would have to think they pull the trigger on Philly's offer before he gets to six.

agency? With Harvin due $10 million next year we could cut him and allocate

that money to Thomas. In addition if anyone watched Decker's reality show

Cobb walk?

- For some reason I believe Mariota will slip when he goes through the pre-draft

process. Similar to the way Bridgewater slipped as the scouts picked his game

apart when they got their look at him. Here's my question if he's available at

#6 do you take him? Or do you take a call from Chip Kelly in PHI who is offering

Gotta get Chip's 1st in 2016 also. 2015, 1st, and 2nd, and 2016 1st. Grab maybe Melvin Gordon, DGB, and Garrett Grayson with first 3 picks in this year's draft.

Depends on if your scouts think he has a high percentage to be a legit franchise guy.

If he drops to six, which I think is highly unlikely - thab multiple other QB desperate teams didn't think he was the guy.

Moreover, if those other teams pass - you would have to think they pull the trigger on Philly's offer before he gets to six.

I would think Philly would call Oakland at 4 if he was still on the board if they want him that bad, Washington could take a QB, and the Eagles would have to be worried the Jets would to.

Cobb walk?

#6 do you take him?  Or do you take a call from Chip Kelly in PHI who is offering

I would laugh my ass off if we signed Demarius, reunited him with Decker and brought in Tebow off the street and won with him... like we would have if Rex would have given him a shot, and before all the ridiculous haters start defaulting to the canned anti-Tebow jargon, just remember at the time Rex insisted that Sanchez be the starter - despite the fact that Sanchez's numbers on the season were worse than anything Tebow had compiled in his time as a starter. There was ZERO reason not to see what would happen with Tebow, other than blind loyalty to Sanchez. Anyway, that's a topic for another thread from a few years ago. Demarius and Decker would be lethal, especially if we can get even a mid-level smart QB in here. We are primed to have Decker, Kerley, Amaro, and at worst Harvin, at best Demarius or Dez, plus any rookies we add to this receiving corps. 

Davante Adams breaks out every few weeks for GB. I think they do what they can to keep Cobb, simply because with Peyton fading, the upper echelon of QBs just got smaller and if I'm the Packers I keep the weapons I have around Rodgers for as long as he wants them there. 

I make that trade with Chip Kelly every day. Then I take one of those picks and flip it for a promising 2nd or 3rd year backup who was high on my draft board when entering the league, but hasn't seen an opportunity to play much. 

I would laugh my ass off if we signed Demarius, reunited him with Decker and brought in Tebow off the street and won with him... like we would have if Rex would have given him a shot, and before all the ridiculous haters start defaulting to the canned anti-Tebow jargon, just remember at the time Rex insisted that Sanchez be the starter - despite the fact that Sanchez's numbers on the season were worse than anything Tebow had compiled in his time as a starter. There was ZERO reason not to see what would happen with Tebow, other than blind loyalty to Sanchez. Anyway, that's a topic for another thread from a few years ago. Demarius and Decker would be lethal, especially if we can get even a mid-level smart QB in here. We are primed to have Decker, Kerley, Amaro, and at worst Harvin, at best Demarius or Dez, plus any rookies we add to this receiving corps. 

Davante Adams breaks out every few weeks for GB. I think they do what they can to keep Cobb, simply because with Peyton fading, the upper echelon of QBs just got smaller and if I'm the Packers I keep the weapons I have around Rodgers for as long as he wants them there. 

I make that trade with Chip Kelly every day. Then I take one of those picks and flip it for a promising 2nd or 3rd year backup who was high on my draft board when entering the league, but hasn't seen an opportunity to play much. 

In what way was Tebow better than Sanchez?

Teams rarely let their huge play makers go, Thomas and Cobb will be resigned by their teams.  It's just very very tough to get those kind of players.  Now the thing that does happen is that those teams will have to pony up big coin for those players so you can look to poach good players from them for much less money. 

I think Mariota will slip like Bridgewater as well. I don't see why Philly would give us anything to move up. They won't have to.

I would take Mariota and let him sit for at least the first 8-10 weeks. He has the same intangibles as Andrew Luck. He's also 6'4", rocket arm, amazing speed and athleticism, and most importantly he's smart and everyone RAVES about his character and leadership. That Oregon system hurt his pro development, but he is the type of kid you take a shot at because of his insane upside.

The other advantage to taking him is it gives Philly 13 picks to sit and think about offering up Foles or their #20 pick to us to take Mariota. I would prefer Foles. Philly might wait and see how their first 2 days of the draft pan out and decide to come to us for Mariota.

I'll take a chance if he hits the second round, but that's about it.

If you think that Tebow was better than Sanchez you should probably find something else to do with your free time cause you don't know anything about football.

You want to debate which awful football player was more awful?

Like I said, Tebow AT THAT TIME was statistically better than Sanchez. That's how bad Sanchez was playing for us, and it was costing us games. I'm not saying Tebow was better, I'm saying the stats said Tebow could do better, and combine that with Tebow's history for finding ways to win, it may have changed the course of that year. Giving it a try is better than just insisting on playing Sanchez until the season is lost....

But yeah, if you'd like to ignore statistics, you know the least debatable performance indicator, and insist I know nothing about football, then that's fine too. 

Teams rarely let their huge play makers go, Thomas and Cobb will be resigned by their teams. It's just very very tough to get those kind of players. Now the thing that does happen is that those teams will have to pony up big coin for those players so you can look to poach good players from them for much less money.

Steelers cut or trade top receivers like every year now. I don't know how they get away with it but they keep on replacing them.

The dude can't throw.  Not even a little bit.  And that is not Rex's fault.

The dude can't throw.  Not even a little bit.  And that is not Rex's fault.

Really didn't matter, neither could Sanchez at that point in time - he was HORRID. Installing Tebow would have at least given us the option of generating offense via gimmick, and would have resulted in less turnovers (which were killing us at the time), because Sanchez couldn't generate ANY offense and was turning over the ball at a rate unheard of.

Really didn't matter, neither could Sanchez at that point in time - he was HORRID. Installing Tebow would have at least given us the option of generating offense via gimmick, and would have resulted in less turnovers (which were killing us at the time), because Sanchez couldn't generate ANY offense and was turning over the ball at a rate unheard of.

Not sure I want to open this can of worms.  We can agree to disagree and focus on what we do agree on: that Sanchez was bad too.

We would have to pay way over market to sign any WR as a free agent with Tebow at QB. Oh, didn't I say I wasn't going to go there? Oh well.

He was talking about only the 2012 season and he was correct. There was no reason for Sanchez to keep the starting job the entire season. Not saying Tebow would have lit the world ablaze, but it was worth a shot. And we'd have been spared the two words I never want to hear again in succession: butt fumble.

Not sure I want to open this can of worms.  We can agree to disagree and focus on what we do agree on: that Sanchez was bad too.

I have no problem with this, I even said it's an argument for another thread from years ago. :)

We would have to pay way over market to sign any WR as a free agent with Tebow at QB.  Oh, didn't I say I wasn't going to go there?  Oh well.

My point had nothing to do with year-after-year using Tebow. I was saying that in the midst of Sanchez bombing the season, he should have been benched and Tebow played because Tebow could have at least stopped the bleeding. Rex said Sanchez gave us the best chance to win, the statistics said totally otherwise.... my argument is more about the principle, than it is about having Tebow be our QB of the future or anything like that.

Cobb walk?

Get Foles while you at it..

Denver won't let Demayrius Thomas walk. He is an elite receiver, they don't grow on trees.

Peyton MIGHT have 1 more season left in him.... then who?

If I'm Thomas, I sign with a team with a good young QB, obviously disqualifying the Jets (Indi, Atlanta, Oakland, etc.)

Then you have 5 yrs. of success and Stats

I would laugh my ass off if we signed Demarius, reunited him with Decker and brought in Tebow off the street and won with him... like we would have if Rex would have given him a shot, and before all the ridiculous haters start defaulting to the canned anti-Tebow jargon, just remember at the time Rex insisted that Sanchez be the starter - despite the fact that Sanchez's numbers on the season were worse than anything Tebow had compiled in his time as a starter. There was ZERO reason not to see what would happen with Tebow, other than blind loyalty to Sanchez. Anyway, that's a topic for another thread from a few years ago.

If the Jets sign Tebow, I might make good on the promise to myself to drop this team once and for all.

Tebow was not statistically superior to Sanchez. A career 47% completion rate, 123 yards/game in his breakout season. He wasn't accurate, and he wasn't productive. He was better in the td/int ratio department (granted, a major category), but that's it. I get the intangible nonsense, but you have to have some ability to go along with those intangibles. Sanchez -who does suck- has enough ability to keep himself in the league. Enough to intrigue an offensive minded coach like Chip Kelly. Tebow was forced into retirement. JaMarcus Russell has a better chance of landing in the NFL.

Archived