Possible Scenarios

KRL

If the Jets sign Tebow, I might make good on the promise to myself to drop this team once and for all.

Tebow was not statistically superior to Sanchez. A career 47% completion rate, 123 yards/game in his breakout season. He wasn't accurate, and he wasn't productive. He was better in the td/int ratio department (granted, a major category), but that's it. I get the intangible nonsense, but you have to have some ability to go along with those intangibles. Sanchez -who does suck- has enough ability to keep himself in the league. Enough to intrigue an offensive minded coach like Chip Kelly. Tebow was forced into retirement. JaMarcus Russell has a better chance of landing in the NFL.

At the time I was advocating that Tebow replace Sanchez, Tebow's career numbers were better than Sanchez's in-season numbers. If this wasn't the case, then I would not have said it, or advocated for it. Like I said previously, Tebow could have stopped the bleeding, in that moment in time. I'm not sure what some of you don't understand about that statement. I was never at that time advocating Tebow become our future, just that he get on the field and stop the turnovers, perhaps get us through the year, until the next season when we could replace Sanchez permanently. 

- With all the unrest in DEN is Demaryius Thomas a possible target in free

agency?  With Harvin due $10 million next year we could cut him and allocate

that money to Thomas.  In addition if anyone watched Decker's reality show

when it was on, Thomas loves Decker and his wife like a brother and sister

- If not Thomas another possible WR target could be Randall Cobb out of GB.

With Davante Adams breakout game on Sunday do they save their money and let

Cobb walk?

- For some reason I believe Mariota will slip when he goes through the pre-draft

process.  Similar to the way Bridgewater slipped as the scouts picked his game

apart when they got their look at him.  Here's my question if he's available at

#6 do you take him?  Or do you take a call from Chip Kelly in PHI who is offering

this year's #1, #2, #3 and next year's #3 (based on the draft chart) 

If Chip is willing to go that far, he knows something  most don't. That kind of trade will get you fired if it doesn't work out

Peyton MIGHT have 1 more season left in him.... then who?

If I'm Thomas, I sign with a team with a good young QB, obviously disqualifying the Jets (Indi, Atlanta, Oakland, etc.)

Then you have 5 yrs. of success and Stats

If Manning quits tomorrow, then on the day before free agency begins Denver's QB situation is still superior to that of the Jets. Unfortunately.

Bowles will go D at #6, probably a CB.

No CB will grade out at 6, PJ Williams from Florida St. will come close, but would probably be a reach at 6. Take BPA if it's a OL fine, WR, fine, Rush linebacker fine, DL ugh hope not we have no need. Trade back, and grab a targeted player by the new scouting wizard would be ideal.

1) Demaryius, Dez, Cobb. We have the ability to sign one of the three. Git 'er done!

If we can't, I want DGB in the second. Here's to hoping he'll still be there- and yes I'm aware about his off the field stuff, but once the offseason gets rolling, scouts and GMs won't be able to stay away from his potential very long...and that dude has elite on-field potential, 

2) Without a doubt Mariota is going to drop. As some of us have been saying since the middle of the FBS season, Mariota is going to end up being fools gold for most NFL teams. There are very few who will be attracted to his skillset once the pre-draft process is underway and people have time to shred up his game. I want no part of him, and if the eagles are willing to pay us anything close to that, you make that deal and run.

Like drafting Tim Tebow in round 1?

Seemed appropriate given the way this thread detoured a bit.

:)

I was actually speaking of trades like Ditka made for the rights to pick Ricky Williams and the Redskins giving up so much to get RG3 which is looking more and more like the Rams won that deal big time. If you give up multiple picks (esp 1st rounders) to draft the next Peyton Manning or Walter Peyton, it would take a player of that caliber and not much less to be able to say the trade was worth it. I have 2 Redskin fans and wrote them the day they gave up all those picks to draft RG3 and they both thought it was great. After 3 years, Robert Griffin is a mediocre QB and the rams are building a defense and a half. As a jets fan, I would not trade more than our first and second to move up for Mariotta or Winston. If it was someone like Andrew Luck who most everyone knew was going to be great, I would trade our 1 and 2 and our 2016 second rounder. How often do (almost) sure things come along as QB's? Before Luck the last one was Manning. Funny how the Colts got both without trading up. Just my 2 cents.

By the way, I just wanted to say thanks for having me. I live in South Florida but have been a jet fan as long as I can remember. It's nice to watch the jets beat Miami here most evey year

- With all the unrest in DEN is Demaryius Thomas a possible target in free

agency?  With Harvin due $10 million next year we could cut him and allocate

that money to Thomas.  In addition if anyone watched Decker's reality show

when it was on, Thomas loves Decker and his wife like a brother and sister

- If not Thomas another possible WR target could be Randall Cobb out of GB.

With Davante Adams breakout game on Sunday do they save their money and let

Cobb walk?

- For some reason I believe Mariota will slip when he goes through the pre-draft

process.  Similar to the way Bridgewater slipped as the scouts picked his game

apart when they got their look at him.  Here's my question if he's available at

#6 do you take him?  Or do you take a call from Chip Kelly in PHI who is offering

this year's #1, #2, #3 and next year's #3 (based on the draft chart) 

Completely agree.

Cut Harvin, use the additional $10 mil in cap room and then some to go after a better free agent WR.  Thomas would be a home run.  Cobb would be a double.

Archived