**** The Official Rex Ryan thread ****

Integrity28

yeah i'm sure ole TX is doing backflips over having to see rex's defense with buffalo's personal at least twice a year..

Lol wut? Tx is right about people being excited STILL about losing championship games 5 years ago. Just like the super bowl losers, nobody really cares about it. It's not an accomishment you brag about. Ask bills fans

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yeah i'm sure ole TX is doing backflips over having to see rex's defense with buffalo's personal at least twice a year..

Are you serious?

In the last 4 years, Pats are 7-1 against Wreck's overrated defense.

In the last 13 years, the Pats are 24-2 against the Bills.

You bet I'm doing backflips that Bozo the Clown is still in the division.

Are you serious?

Hey why don't you brag about losing two Super Bowls in 4 years? Woo hoo!! It was so exciting, right tx?

Are you serious?

BUT  we were close in a lot of them!!

Are you serious?

yeah, I'm sure tommy agrees with you guys..

he always lights up rex's defenses..

This whole " Rex Ryan owns the patriots" narrative is one of the biggest loads of BS in sports history...literaly nothing backs that up, yes we beat the Pats in the playoffs and that was tremendous but this idea that they are terrified of him is laughable .

This whole " Rex Ryan owns the patriots" narrative is one of the biggest loads of BS in sports history...literaly nithing backs that up, yes we beat the Pats in the playoffs and that was tremendous but this idea that they are terrified of him is laughable .

Well said, and 100% accurate.

This whole " Rex Ryan owns the patriots" narrative is one of the biggest loads of BS in sports history...literaly nithing backs that up, yes we beat the Pats in the playoffs and that was tremendous but this idea that they are terrified of him is laughable .

so clearly NE sweeps the bills next season, right??

hell, the jets at least split with them, correct??

so clearly NE sweeps the bills next season, right??

hell, the jets at least split with them, correct??

Butt fumble Sunday night on national tv humiliated by the patriots at home. that was two years ago. Where are you coming up with these fantasies?

It's been 5 years since the Jets LOST AFCCG's.

How long will you continue to think that was some sort of significant accomplishment?

In 6 years, Rex couldn't even sniff a Division title.

Rex beat bellicheat in the playoff with sanchez. Bellicheat before brady 5 losing seasons out of six. LoL even with vinny and Bledsoe as his QB, no?

This whole " Rex Ryan owns the patriots" narrative is one of the biggest loads of BS in sports history...literaly nothing backs that up, yes we beat the Pats in the playoffs and that was tremendous but this idea that they are terrified of him is laughable .

Even with a much inferior team, the Jets lost both games by a combined of 3 points. So, even with Allen, prior, landy and walls in the backfield it is not a cakewalk.

Rex beat bellicheat in the playoff with sanchez. Bellicheat before brady 5 losing seasons out of six. LoL even with vinny and Bledsoe as his QB, no?

The problem with this argument with respect to Belichick and Rex is that Belichick at least partook in the development of the QBs. Rex was an absentee father with respect to the QB and offense. That is the root of Rex's downfall.

It is always "the offense" but "my defense".

The problem with this argument with respect to Belichick and Rex is that Belichick at least partook in the development of the QBs. Rex was an absentee father with respect to the QB and offense. That is the root of Rex's downfall.

Problem with the home Pats and Broncos losses being some kind of positive  is those opposing offenses slacked off because the Jets' offense was so putrid. The Jets couldn't score points, so no point of going all out. If either of those teams thought they were facing an offense they feared they would've been a lot more aggressive than they were. But moral victories were an earmark of the Ryan Error, along with touting "we're # whatever against the run!". 

And with all the dumb mistakes Rex has made and with all his flaws how many Jet HC's have made 2 AFC Championship games with less then Pro Bowl QB's??

Being the best Jets coach since Parcels doesn't change the fact he's awful.

Your logic implies a lifetime contract for losing in the playoffs.

Bellichick as much as I kinda hate the guy, is probably the best offensive coach in football right now, as well as the best defensive coach and best HC. Yes he has Brady and that's a big deal, but what he does with the offense is brilliant and it is not the Tebow-drafter doing it.

That said, I think we are finally developing a FO and coaching staff that can get us competitive with them long term.

Bellichick as much as I kinda hate the guy, is probably the best offensive coach in football right now, as well as the best defensive coach and best HC. Yes he has Brady and that's a big deal, but what he does with the offense is brilliant and it is not the Tebow-drafter doing it.

That said, I think we are finally developing a FO and coaching staff that can get us competitive with them long term.

IMO there will be no long term. Brady has 2 years left.  BB will leave with him.

Very true, if he owned the Patriots he'd still be here

I posted the facts on this not long ago, maybe even in this thread. We beat the Patriots 3 out of 12 matchups in the regular season. All at home. The only "impressive" win versus them was on the road in Foxboro in the playoffs. That was Rex's high point, the following week we laid down vs. Pittsburgh and the downward spiral began. 

That said, I wasn't able to find comparative stats on moral victories and almosts.

And you believe they are better then the Seahawks at 10 I suppose??

Read the article.

Actually no I didn't read it anything that always has the Pats as number 1 makes me gag..LOL

Don't argue things you haven't even read.

And two AFCC (the most by a Jets coach)while out coaching Bellicheat in the playoff, on the road beating Brady and Payton back to back with inferior talents, no?

The Jets beat the Colts in SBIII, upsets happen. Nobody is making the argument that Weeb was a greater coach than Don Shula, but on that day he out-coached him, and more importantly the Jets players out-played those Colts.

Winning a couple upset playoff games over the span of 6 years is admirable, nobody is taking it away from Rex and the players he had at the time, but the fact you are judging Rex entirely on those games and not how he subsequently disassembled those teams and drove this team into the basement is laughable. Rex was a terrible head coach. Your posts are redundant, and despite the fact you've convinced yourself that saying he wasn't over-and-over makes it true, it just doesn't. He had a terrible impact on this team, despite the fact that he gave us some thrills early on.

I posted the facts on this not long ago, maybe even in this thread. We beat the Patriots 3 out of 12 matchups in the regular season. All at home. The only "impressive" win versus them was on the road in Foxboro in the playoffs. That was Rex's high point, the following week we laid down vs. Pittsburgh and the downward spiral began. 

That said, I wasn't able to find comparative stats on moral victories and almosts.

If we had Brady and BB had Sanchez or Geno do you think it still would have been 3 out of 12?? And If beating The Pats in Foxboro and laying down in Pitt was the downward spiral for Rex couldn't you say the same for the Tuna after beating the Jag's and going down the tubes in Denver?? And no I'm not saying Rex is on par with Parcells... :winking0001:

If we had Brady and BB had Sanchez or Geno do you think it still would have been 3 out of 12?? And If beating The Pats in Foxboro and laying down in Pitt was the downward spiral for Rex couldn't you say the same for the Tuna after beating the Jag's and going down the tubes in Denver?? And no I'm not saying Rex is on par with Parcells... :winking0001:

I think we had Sanchez, who is the guy that Rex hand-picked and then implemented the red-yellow-green mind**** on, and went 2-8 in regular season for the first 4 years. I think Rex's inadequacy put us in dire straights which led to Geno becoming our QB, if Rex doesn't neglect QB for 4 years, then he doesn't end up with Geno. Cause and effect. Rex isn't a victim of players he was given, he's the reason the team's hand was forced to take a QB nobody else wanted.

I don't see the point in exploring "if we had" hypotheticals, because people here have historically used that as a re-direct to talk about all the talent that Rex Ryan was never given. Ignoring the fact that 1.) Rex dictated the roster changes for his first 4 years, and 2.) Rex still had influence over the roster in his final 2 years. 

Beating the Pats in Foxboro was, as I said, the pinnacle of Rex's time with us. The wheels came off after that. You can compare it to whatever you'd like—the comparison to the Denver AFCC game is fair, but different in my opinion. Rex's team came out with no balls vs. Pittsburgh. Losing to Denver was awful, but didn't feel like that to me. 

I think we had Sanchez, who is the guy that Rex hand-picked and then implemented the red-yellow-green mind**** on, and went 2-8 in regular season for the first 4 years. I think Rex's inadequacy put us in dire straights which led to Geno becoming our QB, if Rex doesn't neglect QB for 4 years, then he doesn't end up with Geno. Cause and effect. Rex isn't a victim of players he was given, he's the reason the team's hand was forced to take a QB nobody else wanted.

I don't see the point in exploring "if we had" hypotheticals, because people here have historically used that as a re-direct to talk about all the talent that Rex Ryan was never given. Ignoring the fact that 1.) Rex dictated the roster changes for his first 4 years, and 2.) Rex still had influence over the roster in his final 2 years. 

Beating the Pats in Foxboro was, as I said, the pinnacle of Rex's time with us. The wheels came off after that. You can compare it to whatever you'd like—the comparison to the Denver AFCC game is fair, but different in my opinion. Rex's team came out with no balls vs. Pittsburgh. Losing to Denver was awful, but didn't feel like that to me. 

Chip Kelly couldn't get the Vet Sanchez to make the playoffs with a good team at least Rex got them farther in those first 2 years 09-10.. Just for the record I'm happy with the new hires Bowles and Mac and can't wait for the Draft in May?? Rex should have gone with Tanny we wasted 2 years with him and Idzik.. :bash:

The Jets beat the Colts in SBIII, upsets happen. Nobody is making the argument that Weeb was a greater coach than Don Shula, but on that day he out-coached him, and more importantly the Jets players out-played those Colts.

Winning a couple upset playoff games over the span of 6 years is admirable, nobody is taking it away from Rex and the players he had at the time, but the fact you are judging Rex entirely on those games and not how he subsequently disassembled those teams and drove this team into the basement is laughable. Rex was a terrible head coach. Your posts are redundant, and despite the fact you've convinced yourself that saying he wasn't over-and-over makes it true, it just doesn't. He had a terrible impact on this team, despite the fact that he gave us some thrills early on.

It is your opinion that Rex was the one that made all the moves that subsequently disassembles the 09-10 team.  Rex was not the GM, especially the last two.  All I know is that Rex took a mediocre team to the AFCC with a rookie QB throwing for 12 TD and 20 INT. It requires some strategy as a coach to accomplish that feat, no?

Beating Cincy on the road and them to beat the Chargers, a much superior team in their home turf require a tremendous game plan. The following year, Rex, beat the Pats and Colts, which have been the two best teams over the past decade.  You really think that anybody could have beaten them.  It does not require great coaching.  Oh he just beat them by showing up?

Sanchez kept doing the same thing over and over and the positional players were not replaced. Last year, ESPN had the Jets dead last base on their roster and they surprised everybody with 8 wins.   As you know the last GM was more preoccupied about his future coach than getting this team quality player.  

Archived