**** The Official Rex Ryan thread ****

Integrity28

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand all the harshness towards Rex. Yes, he definitely had many faults as a head coach, but he was also entertaining, likeable and always positive. He did lead us to back to back AFCCGs. He was definitely a guy I wanted to root for, but in the end, he couldn't overcome his own deficiencies as a head coach, which were exacerbated by being given a crappy team.

Except when they're playing the Jets, I wish Rex good luck in Buffalo

I don't understand all the harshness towards Rex. Yes, he definitely had many faults as a head coach, but he was also entertaining, likeable and always positive. He did lead us to back to back AFCCGs. He was definitely a guy I wanted to root for, but in the end, he couldn't overcome his own deficiencies as a head coach, which were exacerbated by being given a crappy team.

Well said I agree.. :winking0001:

He stole six years of your life.

I'm torn. Part of me loves watching the fanbase (predictably) roll over on Rex and all-of-a-sudden realizing how stupid and small he makes a franchise look with his antics, but I also realize that starting a new thread for every dumb thing that hillbilly does will eventually dominate the board.

I think that cat was let out of the bag the minute he got caught posting ads for someone to **** his wife.

Amusing though how you think you had particular insight into rex being a buffoon.

No one made you watch when was the last time the Jets made the AFCCG 1998 season and just once from the mighty Tuna. If that's the case the Jets have stole 46 years of your life and your not even that old..LOL

The difference with the Ryan Era vs the Herm Era or Walton Era, etc, was (and is) that the fanbase was fairly unified in the belief that those earlier coaches did, indeed, suck. But Rex, because he sold himself as a big, oafish Everyman and slurped the fans at every turn, has largely earned himself a pass. It's important that objective chroniclers of Jets history like myself keep the record straight. He was an abomination.

The difference with the Ryan Era vs the Herm Era or Walton Era, etc, was (and is) that the fanbase was fairly unified in the belief that those earlier coaches did, indeed, suck. But Rex, because he sold himself as a big, oafish Everyman and slurped the fans at every turn, has largely earned himself a pass. It's important that objective chroniclers of Jets history like myself keep the record straight. He was an abomination.

Rex's main problem is he's coaches like a Fan instead of a HC.. When some hate him they also hate part of themselves..LOL

Rex's main problem is he's coaches like a Fan instead of a HC.. When some hate him they also hate part of themselves..LOL

see, I think it's the nerdier guys who got picked on by guys like Rex who hate him..

part of why the worship pencil pusher like Idzik, they see themselves there

see, I think it's the nerdier guys who got picked on by guys like Rex who hate him..

see, I think the people with a brain hate Rex, because they see him for what he is, a fraud, lousy HC who has no business being a HC in the NFL.

Who the Fk does Rex pick on? He is a little bitch, all talk no action, still waiting for the punk ass fraud to hit two of anything, or for that matter, follow up on one thing his big mouth has ever called out.

see, I think the people with a brain hate Rex, because they see him for what he is, a fraud, lousy HC who has no business being a HC in the NFL.

Who the Fk does Rex pick on? He is a little bitch, all talk no action, still waiting for the punk ass fraud to hit two of anything, or for that matter, follow up on one thing his big mouth has ever called out.

Or children that were promised a Bowl and when it didn't happen cry wah I hate you where's my Lombardi.. :scare:

Honestly if Rex is a lousy HC then the league is filled with them. Rex suceeded when he had a decent team (and crappy QB), and failed when he had a crappy team (and a crappy QB)

Coaches just don't win consistently with crap like Sanchez and Geno at QB, the ones who win consistantly have the Brady's and Manning's and Rodgers

Honestly if Rex is a lousy HC then the league is filled with them. Rex suceeded when he had a decent team (and crappy QB), and failed when he had a crappy team (and a crappy QB)

Coaches just don't win consistently with crap like Sanchez and Geno at QB, the ones who win consistantly have the Brady's and Manning's and Rodgers

Chip Kelly was 6-2 with Foles but Sanchez going 4-4 cooked their goose.. Hell BB went 5-11 with Bledsoe as his QB..

philatio

Ooh, ooh -- I know! What is Max's wish for his birthday every year?

We're playing Jeopardy! now, right?

**edit. And here I thought I was running with the misspelling joke with lame pun-based humor. Didn't know it was one of those urban dictionary terms. Just looked it up. Eww. So it looks like Max is just going to get an Amazon gift card instead.

Ooh, ooh -- I know! What is Max's wish for his birthday every year?

We're playing Jeopardy! now, right?

**edit. And here I thought I was running with the misspelling joke with lame pun-based humor. Didn't know it was one of those urban dictionary terms. Just looked it up. Eww. So it looks like Max is just going to get an Amazon gift card instead.

Actually I have no idea it was a word, and now am afraid to look it up. You had the right idea. I was referencing our dear leader

Actually I have no idea it was a word, and now am afraid to look it up. You had the right idea. I was referencing our dear leader

Ah, I got it wrong. Philatio was the username of the guy writing a particular definition. So I was reading the def for Chocolate Cherry. Was too grossed out to even consider it didn't have anything to do with hummers.

Idzik reminds me of the women in my book circle, Rex gives me PTSD flashbacks of when the cool kids put my face in the toilet :(

Idzik reminds me of the women in my book circle, Rex gives me PTSD flashbacks of when the cool kids put my face in the toilet :(

CTM reminds me of the women in your book circle and of a toilet. 

Archived