**** The Official Rex Ryan thread ****

Integrity28

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly if Rex is a lousy HC then the league is filled with them. Rex suceeded when he had a decent team (and crappy QB), and failed when he had a crappy team (and a crappy QB)

Coaches just don't win consistently with crap like Sanchez and Geno at QB, the ones who win consistantly have the Brady's and Manning's and Rodgers

Fine, the league is filled with lousy HC's.

While yeah coaches don't win with crap like Sanchez and Geno, they at least recognize crap, and are able to try to find something not so crappy. They don't get Tattoo's of crap.

Rex did ZERO to improve the QB position, he hired horrid OC's, let the offense fall apart on his watch, and raves about stopping the run. 

If this is such a QB league, how does anyone in their right mind defend a HC who does nothing either on his own, or through the people he hires, do anything at all to improve the QB position???

Its assanine to defend that moron and just chalk it up to, well, he never had a QB. Yeah, no sh*t, I am not a multi millionaire, should I just say, well, I didn't win the lotto?

Or children that were promised a Bowl and when it didn't happen cry wah I hate you where's my Lombardi.. :scare:

Or people who watch fail to develop anyone outside of DL, field teams with zero discipline year after year, hire horrible coordinators, show way too much loyalty to crap players, and had a team completely disintegrate in his 6 years as HC? Maybe its that????

see, I think it's the nerdier guys who got picked on by guys like Rex who hate him..

part of why the worship pencil pusher like Idzik, they see themselves there

Randomly giving up punctuation five years in and not knowing what words mean doesn't make you not a nerd. The effort you put into acting like you're not trying to keep up would embarass Gato.

Randomly giving up punctuation five years in and not knowing what words mean doesn't make you not a nerd. The effort you put into acting like you're not trying to keep up would embarass Gato.

I <3 u dieter... we should totally get an enema together

hippies were left alone cause we sold the bullies droogz

Probability of you being spared on account of your ability to complete the star quarterback's math homework -vs- probability that you were on 21 Jump Street's suspect list.

Hmm.....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Building up his guys, LOL!

Rex Ryan says Jerry Hughes is ruining Buffalo Bills' practice, and 5 notes from voluntary minicamp

http://www.syracuse.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2015/04/rex_ryan_jerry_hughes_buffalo_bills_minicamp.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Orchard Park, N.Y. — The Buffalo Bills have only been on the practice field for two days, and defensive end Jerry Hughes is already causing problems.

Hughes, who signed a five-year, $45 million contract extension this offseason, already has Bills coach Rex Ryan excited about what he can do. Ryan estimated that Hughes had five or six sacks before he had to pull him from practice to let the offense get some work in.

"This just in: I am really happy we signed Jerry Hughes back," Ryan said Wednesday. "It's rare that you have to pull a guy from practice because he's ruining your practice. I had to pull him today."

Hughes has back-to-back seasons with at least 10 sacks after coming to the Bills in a trade with the Indianapolis Colts prior to the 2013 season. For all the talk about how Hughes would adjust to a new scheme, he seems to be a decent fit for Ryan's defense in the early going.

"If he keeps rushing the pass like he did today, yeah I'd say so," Ryan said. "You can put him anywhere, too. He plays much bigger than his frame. He's like 255 or something, but he plays much bigger. He can play as an end, play as an outside backer. He's definitely a physical player, he's a great athlete. Your great pass rushers have a feel for it. When to go inside, when to set up guys. He has that. He's kind of like a starting pitcher with about four or five pitches, so he's one of those nightmares to go up against."

Ryan just has to make sure he's not so much of a nightmare in practice that the offense can't get work in.

"We're happy that he's on our team," quarterback Matt Cassel said.

Archived