**** The Official Rex Ryan thread ****

Integrity28

I would like my attitude towards Ryan to always be "thanks for the memories, but it's time

for a change".  But with the "schtick" he's giving out at his press conference it makes it

real hard.  It's like he has a comedy routine and all he's doing is placing BUF in all the proper

places.  Hearing this I question if ANYTHING he said down here was genuine.  He should

NEVER say anything negative about the Jets because if Woody didn't give him a chance

he would probably still be a DC in BAL.  All this bluster tells me he'll never improve as a coach

because he won't take responsibility for his failings the last four years

I think what he said down here was genuine.  It was his first HC job and he was super confident with his "swag".  He loves defense and wants to punch QB's in the mouth. He did that for the most part here until the last couple of years.  What is different now is that he still has the confidence and he always will but he can't give the Bills fans less in terms of talk.  

For Bills fans they must be eating it up.    For Jets fans its like, a relationship.  "We broke up with you two weeks ago Rex  and now you found a new chick and you love her already and want to marry her???...BULLsh*t!.

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was driving from a client, listening to NFL radio. They covered REX's presser.

He is perhaps the most inarticulate member of NFL management I have ever heard. he grasps for words, suffers and then says..those things, all that stuff etc...

I was blown away for the first 2 years, tolerated the next two but REX is who he is.  

I am glad he is gone.....    

It didn't even look like he believed half of what he was saying ...like a washed up old mike Tyson saying he could t wait to fight Lennox Lewis ....a total money grab...if ever someone needed a year away to work on his craft it was Rex...this is gonna end worse than Mangini in Cleveland.

Rex >>> Bowles. I was laughing when people were talking about how much better our defense would be than the Bills next season. Rex and Bowles are quite similar and Rex will have a lot more talent to coach in Buffalo.

I'll have to see how Bowles reacts to the other parts of the team that rex ignores such as special teams and offense.  For a HEAD coach all you ever hear about REx is his defense, and that is just the way he likes it.  Like his old man offense and specials are an inconvenience.

On getting fired: "It's personal; it's embarrassing"

Thick-skinned coach says, "It's part of the business. I didn't do my job. I'm happy to have had the opportunity, now I'm focused on doing better here in Buffalo."

Not the ol' thin-skinned Gooch though, he's gotta take it personal. What a puss bag.

Rex loves Manning.

Bad QBS killed any chance Rex had with the Jets. Keep Manning in game manager mode and let the defense and run win the game.

Just dont turn the ball over at QB.

Rex is why Peyton ignore our phone calls and we ended up giving Sanchez an extension.

I would like my attitude towards Ryan to always be "thanks for the memories, but it's time

for a change".  But with the "schtick" he's giving out at his press conference it makes it

real hard.  It's like he has a comedy routine and all he's doing is placing BUF in all the proper

places.  Hearing this I question if ANYTHING he said down here was genuine.  He should

NEVER say anything negative about the Jets because if Woody didn't give him a chance

he would probably still be a DC in BAL.  All this bluster tells me he'll never improve as a coach

because he won't take responsibility for his failings the last four years

Have you ever seen his Jet press conferences he always blamed himself???

Jim Kelly on Rex Ryan: “He’s one of us already”
Posted by Darin Gantt on January 15, 2015, 7:30 AM EST
bda110dd2105432089d3853e6d871f40-e142132Getty Images

Rex Ryan’s gifts for press conferences were on full display yesterday, as he showed he knows how to grab the hearts of long-suffering Bills fans.

From joking about his new allegiance to the Sabres or asking where he could buy a house where it snows the most, he struck a chord with them early on.

Among the supporters was former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly, who thinks Ryan will give the franchise what it needs the most.

“As soon as I heard he was going to be the head coach I was automatically excited,” Kelly said, via Sal Maiorana of the Rochester Democrat and Chronicle. “He’s not a phony, he’s going to tell it like it is. The media and the players see it in him; what he says he backs it up.

“Everyone respects him as a coach and I don’t think there’s many players out there who wouldn’t want to play for him.”

Kelly, who went out for a beer with Ryan Tuesday night,  said the effect he can have on players will be immediate, as will his acclimation to Western New York.

“Everybody knows how passionate Buffalo Bills fans are,” Kelly said. “People here work their tails off to buy season tickets. You listen to Rex and he rubs off like he’s one of us already. He wants to win, and he’s not going to be pushed around, and that’s what you want.

“And people in Buffalo, when anything negative is said about our community, we get mad, and when you start talking about people pushing you around, that’s when you step forward and do something about it. Rex is the type of coach that I feel we need.”

Of course, he still needs a quarterback. And finding one of those is tougher than locating a cold beer or a snowdrift. But until he does, Ryan has taken a solid first step in convincing Bills fans they’re on the right track.

He's one of us already, after a week? Impossible without being a complete phony. Poor Jim Kelly.

What a petty man. The fact that the mayor is feeding right into the 'sympathy for Rex' narrative shows just how much he has manipulated these people. Pathetic.

Rex Ryan has already tossed away all his Jets gear, he tells Buffalo Bills' trainer

The Bills have posted a video on their website highlighting coach Rex Ryan's first two days in Buffalo. As with most things related to Ryan, there are a few amusing moments.

Ryan, of course, is the former Jets head coach who was introduced for that same job with the Bills on Wednesday, during an eventful press conference.

You have to click here to see the Bills' highlight video of Ryan's first 48 hours. If you don't feel like watching the entire thing, these are the highlights:

• 1:40 mark: Ryan gives Jeff Weeks, his assistant defensive line coach and longtime close friend, a hard time for grabbing a free soda out of the refrigerator in the Bills' cafeteria. Ryan and Weeks have been buddies for so long that Ryan knows just what kind of soda Weeks is about to get.

• 2:35 mark: Ryan meets the Bills' trainer, Bud Carpenter, who is looking forward to getting Ryan into some Bills gear.

"I can't wait to see the correct colors on you, coach," Carpenter tells Ryan.

"Oh, there's no question," Ryan says.

"We've got to get rid of that green," Carpenter says.

"All of that stuff's gone," Ryan says of his Jets gear. "All of it's gone."

Well, except for his Mark Sanchez tattoo. He still has that.

• 4:35 mark: Ryan grins from ear to ear as the Bills give him an absurd-looking pizza as a welcome present.

"Oh, that's what I'm talking about," Ryan says. "That's great."

He does not take a slice of the pizza. Or at least that wasn't included in the highlight video.

• 6:30 mark: After his press conference, Ryan meets Buffalo's mayor, Byron Brown,who attended the event.

"I'll make sure that you get better treatment here in Buffalo than they tried to give you in New York City," Brown tells Ryan.

Ryan responds with a hearty laugh and says, "I appreciate that."

He's one of us already, after a week? Impossible without being a complete phony. Poor Jim Kelly.

The Bills are a proud franchise with a great history, and Jim Kelly is salt of the earth. 

These folks are about to get taken for an unpleasant ride.  They think they hired a football coach but really they hired  a court jester. Kinda sucks they will spend the next few years listening to that ohboyilltellya nonsense. 

The Bills are a proud franchise with a great history, and Jim Kelly is salt of the earth. 

These folks are about to get taken for an unpleasant ride.  They think they hired a football coach but really they hired  a court jester. Kinda sucks they will spend the next few years listening to that ohboyilltellya nonsense. 

Totally agree. They hired Grima Wormtongue. 

What a petty man. The fact that the mayor is feeding right into the 'sympathy for Rex' narrative shows just how much he has manipulated these people. Pathetic.

When the main economic engine for your economy is crystal meth, this is what people come to appreciate.  Welcome to the rust belt and its sad reality.

For reals, their is an unhealthy obsession with Rex on this board.

He's the head coach of the Bills. Dumping on him now is like dumping on Belichick. One is a cheater, one is an over-rated, manipulative clown show. Obsession? No. I'd say the people that defended this idiot for 6 years were obsessed, and enchanted. I'm just making sure that those same people have a good view for when Rex does to the Bills what he did to us.

Its not how you start. its how you finish.

well sure, that's one way of looking at it..

personally i remember year one & two under rex being the best two year run in my life as a jet fan..

correction.. the best two year run in franchise history!!

LOLz sweet jeezbus, you can't make this spit up..

He's the head coach of the Bills. Dumping on him now is like dumping on Belichick. One is a cheater, one is an over-rated, manipulative clown show. Obsession? No. I'd say the people that defended this idiot for 6 years were obsessed, and enchanted. I'm just making sure that those same people have a good view for when Rex does to the Bills what he did to us.

Not even close. Belichick has been tearing our divisions a$$hole apart for like, what 10 or however many years he's been here. Honestly, who gives a sh*t about Rex. He's on a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 15 years. Something tells me that trend probably continues. The main a$$hole still is Belichick and I hope that ****er loses this Sunday.

How many pressers will they schedule? Is Buffalo serious right now? They just swept the coach they hired last year so tell me what there is to boast about? The media can talk him up but he still went 6-10,8-8 and then 4-12 the past three seasons.. Buffalo went 9-7 so I just don't understand the love for a 4-12 coach.

Archived