Integrity28

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets hire Todd Bowles

Posted by Mike Florio on January 13, 2015, 10:26 PM EST
350x-383.jpg?w=250Getty Images

And then there were five.  Again.

Three days after the Bills hired former Jets coach Rex Ryan and one day after the Broncos and coach John Fox parted ways,  the Jets filled one of six vacancies by hiring Cardinals defensive coordinator Todd Bowles, per multiple reports.

Early Tuesday, a source with knowledge of the search process told PFT that it was “very likely” the Jets would hire Bowles.  Others believed he preferred Atlanta — and that the Jets preferred Seahawks defensive coordinator Dan Quinn.

Ultimately, the Jets may have decided not to wait for Quinn, who barring a Green Bay upset of Seattle on Sunday will not be available until after the February 1 Super Bowl.  Some had suggested that Quinn had lost interest in coaching the Jets. A native of Elizabeth, New Jersey, Bowles’ first NFL job came in 2000, with the Jets.  He worked for the Browns, Cowboys,

Dolphins, and Eagles before joining the Cardinals in 2013.

Jets gave former Cardinals DC Todd Bowles a 4-year deal to be their HC, per source.

In the end, both Jets hires have strong ties to consultant Charley Casserly, dating back to their time in the Skins organization

Have heard great things about Bowles. Francessa ( a Jets hater) loves him. Been in the league a long time. plus Cro might be coming back

Francessa is right on most accounts when it comes to the Jets. Bring Back Cro!

Todd Bowles

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Todd Bowles
New York Jets
Personal information
Date of birth: (1963-11-18) November 18, 1963 (age 51) Place of birth: Elizabeth, New Jersey Height: 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m) Weight: 203 lb (92 kg)
Career information
High school: Elizabeth (NJ) College: Temple Undrafted in 1986 Debuted in 1986 for the Washington Redskins Last played in 1993 for the Washington Redskins
Career history
 As player:  As coach:
Career NFL statistics
Stats at NFL.com

Todd Robert Bowles (born November 18, 1963) is an American football head coach for the New York Jets of the National Football League (NFL). He played eight seasons in the NFL as a safety, mainly for the Washington Redskins, and started in Super Bowl XXII. He was the defensive backs coach for the New York Jets in 2000, Cleveland Browns from 2001 to 2004, Dallas Cowboys from 2005 to 2007, Miami Dolphins from 2008 to 2011, Philadelphia Eagles in 2012, and, most recently, the Arizona Cardinals. He was the interim head coach for the Dolphins for the final three games of the 2011 season with a 2-1 record after the firing of Tony Sparano.

Warfish, on 13 Jan 2015 - 10:27 PM, said:

So all the happy people, tell me why this is a great move.

(Not saying it isn't, but I'd like to know in more detail why it is.)

This.

I have no idea about Bowles yay or nay, wondering what everyone else here seems to know?

Chan Gailey still being talked about as the OC choice.

Look for Chan Gailey to be the new OC for newly hired #Jets coach Todd Bowles, which is an intriguing choice.

I'll worry about this if it materializes... I'm trying to see the forest through the trees. Is there a "guy" that Mac and Bowles are already thinking they can bring in, and Gailey's offense is the means of getting the most out of that guy? I dunno.

Can we use this thread as a cover page? That why in 3 or 4 years when the team still sucks and hasn't made a championship we can read how all the fans that hate Bowels and call him toilet bowls or something stupid use to love him?

There's really nothing wrong with being optimistic at first. Just because a person says "Yay!" on day 1 doesn't mean that that person has to be held to that same level of sentiment for all of time... I've never understood this strain of logic, if you can even call it that, amongst our fan base.

So all the happy people, tell me why this is a great move.

(Not saying it isn't, but I'd like to know in more detail why it is.)

Because he has a solid resume, seems to be well respected around the league, and mostly because it doesn't look like a horrendous move.

There's really nothing wrong with being optimistic at first. Just because a person says "Yay!" on day 1 doesn't mean that that person has to be held to that same level of sentiment for all of time... I've never understood this strain of logic, if you can even call it that, amongst our fan base.

After 40 years of the same sh*t over and over again you kind of expect it. In 3 or 4 years they'll still suck and they'll start over again. New QB new GM new Coach etc and then 3 or 4 years they'll do it again and so on and so forth.

Have heard great things about Bowles. Francessa ( a Jets hater) loves him. Been in the league a long time. plus Cro might be coming back

@MikeFrancesaNY: I told da Jets to hiyah Tard Bowls, ok. Dey hiyah'd Tard Bowls. If dis goes right, dere is only 1 person to thank. ME!

Can we use this thread as a cover page? That why in 3 or 4 years when the team still sucks and hasn't made a championship we can read how all the fans that hate Bowels and call him toilet bowls or something stupid use to love him?

WTF??? Bowels takes a huge load off our hands. 

Archived