Jets are hiring Bowles - RapSheet source [NECRO]

Integrity28

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you elaborate, I honest don't remember jack sh*t about Chan Gailey's offenses. 

Was the OC with Pittsburgh from 95-97

Miami from 2000-2001

Chiefs in 2008 (only really bad offense he has run)

Looked up the rankings of those offenses. Lowest (besides KC) was 16th in terms of PPG.

Another interesting thing I noticed. He has gotten good performances from meh QBs. Tyler Thigpen from those Chiefs threw 18 TDs that year.

After 40 years of the same sh*t over and over again you kind of expect it. In 3 or 4 years they'll still suck and they'll start over again. New QB new GM new Coach etc and then 3 or 4 years they'll do it again and so on and so forth.

Ive been following this team since 69. This has a different feeling to it. Im hopeful.

Jets gave former Cardinals DC Todd Bowles a 4-year deal to be their HC, per source.

In the end, both Jets hires have strong ties to consultant Charley Casserly, dating back to their time in the Skins organization

Any word on who they have in mind for OC

Was the OC with Pittsburgh from 95-97

Miami from 2000-2001

Chiefs in 2008 (only really bad offense he has run)

Looked up the rankings of those offenses. Lowest (besides KC) was 16th in terms of PPG.

Another interesting thing I noticed. He has gotten good performances from meh QBs. Tyler Thigpen from those Chiefs threw 18 TDs that year.

Oh sh*t, he was the OC for the 2008 Chiefs game vs. Favre. That was the only Jets game I've ever attended... that's a lovely little irony for me. 

The note about doing stuff with meh QBs is something I pondered somewhere else on the board tonight. I've got to think they have him in mind for a purpose. Tyler Thigpen was a spread offense guy too, wasn't he? Like completely incapable of taking snaps from under center?

Oh sh*t, he was the OC for the 2008 Chiefs game vs. Favre. That was the only Jets game I've ever attended... that's a lovely little irony for me. 

The note about doing stuff with meh QBs is something I pondered somewhere else on the board tonight. I've got to think they have him in mind for a purpose. Tyler Thigpen was a spread offense guy too, wasn't he? Like completely incapable of taking snaps from under center?

He runs spread offenses, which is exactly where the game is going at this point

SHAFT ahahaha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEaRCAcfOEQ

Shaft

Who's the black private dick

That's a sex machine to all the chicks?

(Shaft!)

You're damn right

Who is the man

That would risk his neck for his brother man?

(Shaft!)

Can ya dig it?

Who's the cat that won't cop out

When there's danger all about

(Shaft!)

Right on

You see this cat Shaft is a bad mother

(Shut your mouth)

But I'm talkin' about Shaft

(Then we can dig it)

He's a complicated man

But no one understands him but his woman

(John Shaft)

The_Wire_Bunny.jpg

So basically the media doesn's know jack, lol

First Marrone was "hired" as he got on a plane out of Buffalo

Then the Jets were flying to Seattle to hire Quinn

Then they hire Bowles.

I was preparing for Quinn, liked what I saw, wonder if Bowles was really the front runner all along or if Denver's interest in Quinn (a much better gig) forced the Jets hand combined with Seattle's playoff push delaying things.

Either way it seems like Bowles and Quinn were 2 solid candidates and you didn't want to be left out in the cold between ATL, CHI, DEN, and us.

After 40 years of the same sh*t over and over again you kind of expect it. In 3 or 4 years they'll still suck and they'll start over again. New QB new GM new Coach etc and then 3 or 4 years they'll do it again and so on and so forth.

Who did you want to hire?  Why do you feel the need to sh*t on the hire on the night it's announced?  You don't have a clue if this guy will fail.  He has a pretty strong track record from what I can see, and the full endorsement of football people (Casserly and Wolf have ties to him).  Saying we'll suck under him just to say so doesn't do anything to drop my spirits.

Mike Westhoff on SNY being pretty negative. Says Bowles weakness is stopping the run, says he worked with Chan Gailey and was never as enamored with him as other OC's he worked with. He did say Gailey runs a balanced attack.

Arizona's been like the best team in the league at stopping the run.

Mike Westhoff on SNY being pretty negative. Says Bowles weakness is stopping the run, says he worked with Chan Gailey and was never as enamored with him as other OC's he worked with. He did say Gailey runs a balanced attack. 

Evidently he did not see the Cardinals defense this year. Or even the year before when they gave up the fewest yards on the ground.

This year they were 13th, but remember they were missing Darnell Dockett on that line

Archived