Jets are hiring Bowles - RapSheet source [NECRO]

Integrity28

Who did you want to hire? Why do you feel the need to sh*t on the hire on the night it's announced? You don't have a clue if this guy will fail. He has a pretty strong track record from what I can see, and the full endorsement of football people (Casserly and Wolf have ties to him). Saying we'll suck under him just to say so doesn't do anything to drop my spirits.

Cause they always do. I definitely didn't want his dumb ass. And I hope my feelings about anything don't change your spirits.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Westhoff on SNY being pretty negative. Says Bowles weakness is stopping the run, says he worked with Chan Gailey and was never as enamored with him as other OC's he worked with. He did say Gailey runs a balanced attack.

Arizona's defense was middle of the pack. against the run under Bowles in 2014 (13th) but 1st against the run in 2013. In 2012 before Bowles got to Arizona they were 28th.

BRING. BACK. CRO.

Westhoff is a TV personality now. He said that at the end of the season AZ's defense started to give up the run and Bowles didn't adjust. Newsflash, you can honestly make the same point about every coach in professional sports.

Mike Westhoff on SNY being pretty negative. Says Bowles weakness is stopping the run, says he worked with Chan Gailey and was never as enamored with him as other OC's he worked with. He did say Gailey runs a balanced attack. 

Have you ever heard Westy not be critical? 

Who did you want to hire?  Why do you feel the need to sh*t on the hire on the night it's announced?  You don't have a clue if this guy will fail.  He has a pretty strong track record from what I can see, and the full endorsement of football people (Casserly and Wolf have ties to him).  Saying we'll suck under him just to say so doesn't do anything to drop my spirits.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't NYMick a huge bigot?

There may well come a day when this hire doesn't work out.  Today is not the day to bemoan something that hasn't happened yet.  Today is the day to celebrate a clean slate and the hirings of a promising GM/HC duo.  Frankly none of us have a clue how this will turn out.  And that should be the exciting part.  If you're not a miserable, pessimistic prick that is.

So basically the media doesn's know jack, lol

First Marrone was "hired" as he got on a plane out of Buffalo

Then the Jets were flying to Seattle to hire Quinn

Then they hire Bowles.

I was preparing for Quinn, liked what I saw, wonder if Bowles was really the front runner all along or if Denver's interest in Quinn (a much better gig) forced the Jets hand combined with Seattle's playoff push delaying things.

Either way it seems like Bowles and Quinn were 2 solid candidates and you didn't want to be left out in the cold between ATL, CHI, DEN, and us.

I DO think that Marrone was the guy up until the point he interviewed. Looks like he will just be blowing in the wind. People won't want to hear this but Gailey is perfect for Geno as long as we get rid of Lee and get in a new QB coach, which I think we will. Like the hire a lot, even if he is yet another fresh HC with a defensive background.

Chan Gailey is another Marty. Fired in '09 by Todd Haley in KC, fired by Buffalo as HC after finishing 4-12, 6-10, 6-10.

Let's do the overhaul right and get a solid OC, for chrissakes.

You can be a good Coordinator and not a good head coach. Plus, Todd Haley doesn't know his right from his left. 

Archived