Jets are hiring Bowles - RapSheet source [NECRO]

Integrity28

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@CRO31: Coach Bowles is a very smart coach. 1 of the smartest coaches I've been around. Has a very similar scheme 2 Rex so the defense won't change

@CRO31: Coach Bowles is a very smart coach. 1 of the smartest coaches I've been around. Has a very similar scheme 2 Rex so the defense won't change

Very telling that he refers to Bowles as "Coach Bowles" and the clown as "Rex".

What I like about Bowles is that he's supposed to have a good eye for talent, which means he's not going to waste much time trying milk a coconut like Kyle Wilson when it's apparent that Kyle Wilson sucks. For the first time in, oh, six years, the best players are going to get on the field and not just the ones that the coach likes on a personal level.

On the negative (leery) side, every time I see the word's "player's coach," I wretch. 

On the negative (leery) side, every time I see the word's "player's coach," I wretch. 

Everyone tries to pigeon-hole coaches, but Bowles doesn't strike me as "Buffoon-like" the way Herm or Rex were.  That's definitely more important than the style of coaching employed.  Everything I read says he's fair.  Hard on his players when he needs to be but not a guy who his players will hate.

What I like about Bowles is that he's supposed to have a good eye for talent, which means he's not going to waste much time trying milk a coconut like Kyle Wilson when it's apparent that Kyle Wilson sucks. For the first time in, oh, six years, the best players are going to get on the field and not just the ones that the coach likes on a personal level.

The guy was 'a player'. He obviously is going to relate to the players much different than a coach who never played the game.  I wouldn't read much into the players coach thing.  This guy has a serious side to him I like that is 180 from Rex's persona.

There may well come a day when this hire doesn't work out.  Today is not the day to bemoan something that hasn't happened yet.  Today is the day to celebrate a clean slate and the hirings of a promising GM/HC duo.  Frankly none of us have a clue how this will turn out.  And that should be the exciting part.  If you're not a miserable, pessimistic prick that is.

THIS

Booyah! Excellent, I can't say that I'm not happy. I was pulling for Quinn a little more because of the scheme (4-3) he'd bring, along with a couple of their FA's maybe and his personality I've also liked, but Bowles was a close 2nd choice for me. Either way, I'm happy. Maybe this is even better, we shall see in a couple years.

@DWAZ73: FWIW, following are among Cardinals' upcoming FAs: ACromartie, Tommy Kelly, Dan Williams, Acho, Foote, Marcus Benard, Housler.

You better be kidding me. We're stacked up front, there's no room for a guy like Kelly or Dan Williams. Cromartie would be a decent stopgap solution for a year I guess but I'm not exactly thrilled about that either. He's been hot/cold on a weekly basis and he's not getting any younger. Foote is just garbage. Benard, Acho & Housler are role players at best. I honestly don't want any of those guys. We're trying to improve our roster...

Give me Fitzgerald, Daryl Washington & or their midget safety (Honey Badger). Those are players. Fitz and Washington might even be available. The rest they can keep for themselves.

You better be kidding me. We're stacked up front, there's no room for a guy like Kelly or Dan Williams. Cromartie would be a decent stopgap solution for a year I guess but I'm not exactly thrilled about that either. He's been hot/cold on a weekly basis and he's not getting any younger. Foote is just garbage. Benard, Acho & Housler are role players at best. I honestly don't want any of those guys. We're trying to improve our roster...

Give me Fitzgerald, Daryl Washington & or their midget safety (Honey Badger). Those are players. Fitz and Washington might even be available. The rest they can keep for themselves.

Foote received a vote for ALL PRO this season. Did an exceptional job filling in Daryl Washingtons this season, watch more football.

Foote received a vote for ALL PRO this season. Did an exceptional job filling in Daryl Washingtons this season, watch more football.

He's like the worst rated LB on PFF, so you keep watching that football, seems like you studied him plenty. He was out of a job for a reason and he's a billion years old. Didn't see him in the regular season but he absolutely stunk in the playoffs. All Pro my ass, if we let Harris walk and bring this guy in as his replacement I'll go bonkers. I wouldn't mind him for depth purpose to fight a guy like Bellore but that's it. You must be absolutely nuts if you think he's gonna be an All Pro type player or that he played at an All Pro type level.

EDIT:

It seems like Cardinals fans didn't even watch any football as they pretty much agree with me, they either want him to take a paycut or get released. But you're the NFL scout here I guess, seeing things that nobody else saw.

Archived