CJ Spiller

drsamuel84

Teaming him up with a bruiser like Chris Ivory would be great.  I don't like the idea of bringing in a free agent running back but he's only 27 and hasn't taken too much  of a beating with Fred Jackson and had a 1,200 yard year when Gailey was the head coach.  I think he'll be a much better value than Demarco Murray who someone will overpay for but at the right price he would compliment Ivory well.  

how many games has Spiller played the last 3 years again ? No thanks. All Spiller will do is have an incredible 3 or 4 games to start the season, get Jets fans excited then get injured and miss the remainder of the season .

This draft is loaded with RBs- I'd live draft one in the 2nd or 3rd. Getting a young difference maker on offense is an under appreciated need

Amazing how the running game gets no credit yet the teams with the best running games and solid defenses routinely win the SB. Even when a prolific passing team like the Saints won the SB they had the best running game in the league and every back on that roster could catch the football. Brees averages 150 + passes to RB's every year. A good running game and a good screen game is extremely Important to most QB's and its something (screen game) we have lacked for a long long time. Sure we can run it but we need backs who can catch it ...Maybe we see more of Powell in A Gailey Offense or do like you say and grab a solid all around back in this years draft.

If we can fix our O line up through FA/Draft and get some nice WR'S in here.. plus a possible Spiller/Chan reunion we could have a competent Offense.. only question remains, who is throwing the ball?

No-one! Rex showed last year that we can just run, run and run again.  :sign0151:

I'm not sure what he's going to do. He gets hurt a ton, and has only had that one good year. The potential is there, we've all seen it. He keeps tweeting like he's all on board with the Bills and Rex, but we know money will change that. I think the Bills let him walk, having Bryce Brown, unless they give up on him. Tough to see what he really has as our offensive line was horrific this season.

Yeah. He hasn't taken a beating in terms of carries. That's only because he's taken a huge beating in injuries (or because he's incapable of taking a beating, however one likes to put it).

Possible that it was a fluke injury one after another. Like you said, we've all seen what he could do if he stayed healthy. Biggest problem has been that he just doesn't.

If by "JAG" you mean rock solid in all areas then yeah, Powell is JAG. Not sure what's wrong with that. Can't have Pro Bowlers at every position, especially not guys coming off the bench. Why pay those guys 4 mil. like a Chris Johnson. What a waste. Spend half of it on a better/younger player like Powell.

Because he's a total JAG.

Would prefer Lynch over Spiller after Seattle cuts him. Sign Iupati, draft Scherff and have Lynch/Ivory combo punishing everyone's front 7

Having Lynch and Ivory on the same team would be like having two penises. Sure it'd be fun, but what's the point?

I have zero interest in Spiller for two reasons. One is obvious, the guy is made out of glass. The second, and more importantly, is I do not want any other running back on the team that will tempt a playcaller not to feed Ivory. I believe Ivory will have Thomas Jones like seasons if they just give him the ball. In fact, I think Ivory will bust a handful of long TDs which TJ couldn't do. It was criminal that he only got 20 carries one time last year.

Have we cut Johnson yet?

If not, when?

Nope. I'm sure it's gonna take a while before they make a decision on CJ or rather make it official that he'll be released. Probably one of those June cuts maybe, that's typically when teams get rid of their old, washed up, overpaid veteran players. Paging Calvin Pace/Vick and company...

Archived