Rex Ryan/Bills Press Conference News (merged)

Bruce Harper

Narcissistic personality disorder is a mental disorder in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for admiration and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of ultraconfidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. You may be generally unhappy and disappointed when you're not given the special favors or admiration you believe you deserve. Others may not enjoy being around you, and you may find your relationships unfulfilling.

Narcissistic personality disorder treatment is centered around talk therapy (psychotherapy).

Narcissistic personality disorder is one of several types of personality disorders. Personality disorders are conditions in which people have traits that cause them to feel and behave in socially distressing ways, limiting their ability to function in relationships and other areas of their life, such as work or school.

If you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may come across as conceited, boastful or pretentious. You often monopolize conversations. You may belittle or look down on people you perceive as inferior. You may feel a sense of entitlement — and when you don't receive special treatment, you may become impatient or angry. You may insist on having "the best" of everything — for instance, the best car, athletic club or medical care.

At the same time, you have trouble handling anything that may be perceived as criticism. You may have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation. To feel better, you may react with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make yourself appear superior. Or you may feel depressed and moody because you fall short of perfection.

Many experts use the criteria in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), published by the American Psychiatric Association, to diagnose mental conditions. This manual is also used by insurance companies to reimburse for treatment.

DSM-5 criteria for narcissistic personality disorder include these features:

• Having an exaggerated sense of self-importance
  • Expecting to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
  • Exaggerating your achievements and talents
  • Being preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
  • Believing that you are superior and can only be understood by or associate with equally special people
  • Requiring constant admiration
  • Having a sense of entitlement
  • Expecting special favors and unquestioning compliance with your expectations
  • Taking advantage of others to get what you want
  • Having an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
  • Being envious of others and believing others envy you
  • Behaving in an arrogant or haughty manner

Although some features of narcissistic personality disorder may seem like having confidence, it's not the same. Narcissistic personality disorder crosses the border of healthy confidence into thinking so highly of yourself that you put yourself on a pedestal and value yourself more than you value others.

When to see a doctor

When you have narcissistic personality disorder, you may not want to think that anything could be wrong — doing so wouldn't fit with your self-image of power and perfection. People with narcissistic personality disorder are most likely to seek treatment when they develop symptoms of depression — often because of perceived criticisms or rejections.

If you recognize aspects of your personality that are common to narcissistic personality disorder or you're feeling overwhelmed by sadness, consider reaching out to a trusted doctor or mental health provider. Getting the right treatment can help make your life more rewarding and enjoyable.

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know you've won on the internet when you meet the approval rating of Lizard King. Pac, congratulations, you've sufficiently "slapped me back into reality".

lmfao

It's like that time I signed up on an anonymous sports board with the handle Benevolent84 so the Internet would think that i volunteer twice a week at the soup kitchen and toss the salad before Sunday dinner

It's like that time I signed up on an anonymous sports board with the handle Benevolent84 so the Internet would think that i volunteer twice a week at the soup kitchen and toss the salad before Sunday dinner

All I got from this is that you toss salad. This thing with you and Pac is starting to make more sense now.

My opinion of Rex really dropped today and it was really low to begin with. The guy is a complete snake oil salesman buffoon. I feel sorry for the Buffalo Bills fans buying into this complete load of crap he is spewing. What a dumb ass, incompetent dork.

eh....at least they'll be entertained.  At worst, Rexy was never boring.

What a freakin Buffoon Rex is. He basically walked into the same situation the Jets had which is having no quarterback. I hope he doesn't win in Buffalo. what a fraud he is.

He also predicted playoffs in his intro press conference hahaha what a joke. Rex Ryan is a punchline to a late night talk show joke that's for sure. He also said he wasn't a mediocre coach hahaha the truth is you are a very very bad mediocre coach rex. He is not an offensive mind at all. That's what continues to prevent him from winning.

He should of went to ESPN for a few seasons and then got back into coaching. What a clown. I hope the Jets defeat his buffalo team twice a year for the duration of his contract. Go Jets

It'll be interesting to see how these coaching changes pan out.  I wonder what the response will be like when Rex comes back to the meadowlands.  More than anything though, I really think we need to beat the Giants in the reg season this year. That loss we took to the last time we played in 2011 was just painful...  can't stand losing to the teacher's pets of the NFL.  

Rex Jan 2013:

I’m going to tell you this, I’m approaching this day like it’s the first day, period, my first day as a head coach. Obviously, now I have four years of experience, but that’s how I’m looking at it, (as) the same challenge that I took four years ago. I’ve been given a great opportunity by Mr. Johnson to move forward. This is it. This is a new chance for me and that’s how I’m approaching it. This is a beginning. It’s certainly not an end. That’s not how I’m looking at it. This is a beginning

http://thejetsblog.com/nyjets/transcript-woody-johnson-rex-ryan-1813/

Rex has toned down his guarantees. He said at his press conference he wasn't guaranteeing a Super Bowl BUT the pursuit of one. AHHHH! Next year his guarantee will be

"I guarantee the Bills will be at least in 4th place in the AFC East'.  Rex's blabber is PERFECT for Buffalo and its hickory sticks.

Well at least give the fat mope credit for getting rid of all the Sanchez threads here.

Check out Twobillsdrive. It's hilarious how they are eating up his recycled quotes.

Took a look

Looks like, except for one guy, Lombardi 1, the blind rubes bought the whole package of same.old schtick, hook line and sinker

They did.

Izdk wouldn't spend the money for talent to coach and his drafts were horrendous. Geno shouldn't even be allowed to hold a clipboard on an NFL sideline.

The Jets hired Rex as the head coach twice. Shut up with this nonsense.

It's going to be nuts looking at a Bills message board in 2-3 years. Guaranteed it looks like a parallel universe, with a Buffalo Pac, a Buffalo Shane, a Buffalo Stoicsentry...etc.

Which would mean that there's a Buffalo NostradamnApe already posting about the impending doom.

It's going to be nuts looking at a Bills message board in 2-3 years. Guaranteed it looks like a parallel universe, with a Buffalo Pac, a Buffalo Shane, a Buffalo Stoicsentry...etc.

Buffalo Manish will have a poll on his twitter feed imploring Pegula to extend Rex.

Doesn't change the fact that Idzk screwed him over hoarding cap money and pizzing away draft picks. Idzk dealt for Harvin when is was too late.

So what? That was the straw that broke the camels back, Rex has already butt****ed the camel for 5 years. He didn't get a raw deal. No coach that is given 6 years, 6 drafts, 2 QBs, 3 OCs, 2 DCs, 2 GMs and myriad of other assistants fired and replaced around him, gets a raw deal. 

Any human being with a shred of decency says they are grateful for the opportunity, expresses remorse for not meeting the expectations he set for himself and for fans, and then moves on to the next gig with closure. 

Campaigning that you got a raw deal is disgraceful.

I actually agree wth cimini...I'm watching that yesterday thinking , wow he doesn't even believe the BS he is spewing right now you can see it, at least the first time around he actually did believe what he was saying.

So what? That was the straw that broke the camels back, Rex has already butt****ed the camel for 5 years. He didn't get a raw deal. No coach that is given 6 years, 6 drafts, 2 QBs, 3 OCs, 2 DCs, 2 GMs and myriad of other assistants fired and replaced around him, gets a raw deal.

Any human being with a shred of decency says they are grateful for the opportunity, expresses remorse for not meeting the expectations he set for himself and for fans, and then moves on to the next gig with closure.

I only heard clips of the presser. Did he really say he got a raw deal here?

That's pretty classless (and unprofessional) if he did.

I only heard clips of the presser. Did he really say he got a raw deal here?

That's pretty classless (and unprofessional) if he did.

Not in his presser, his father is on record saying it. He's got his advocates out their campaigning with this sentiment. He's speaking through them, quite blatantly.

They did.

Izdk wouldn't spend the money for talent to coach and his drafts were horrendous. Geno shouldn't even be allowed to hold a clipboard on an NFL sideline.

Idzik could have been the Jets GM for a long time but he kept insisting in sabotaging his HC, in order to bring one of his own. There is no way a gm could be that bad.  How do you not draft one freaking WR to contribute in the richest WR draft in history? At one point taking a 5'6 punt returner over a first round talent ACC, Maltavis Bryant 6'4, 4.4 in the 40 yards dash.  He really helped the Steelers get into the playoff.  He was counting on David Nelson to put monster number.  How you go into the season with no CB when you know that it is the most important position of your defense and still the defense finished six in total defense.  But then again, he saved Woody 25 Million last year.  And the two NE losses were by a combined 3 points.  One or two players could have been the difference in 10 games this past season.

Idzik could have been the Jets GM for a long time but he kept insisting in sabotaging his HC, in order to bring one of his own. There is no way a gm could be that bad.  How do you not draft one freaking WR to contribute in the richest WR draft in history? At one point taking a 5'6 punt returner over a first round talent ACC, Maltavis Bryant 6'4, 4.4 in the 40 yards dash.  He really helped the Steelers get into the playoff.  He was counting on David Nelson to put monster number.  How you go into the season with no CB when you know that it is the most important position of your defense and still the defense finished six in total defense.  But then again, he saved Woody 25 Million last year.  And the two NE losses were by a combined 3 points.  One of two players could have been the difference in 10 games this past season.

This whole line of logic is lame. The intent was to spend the money, otherwise players wouldn't have had offer numbers to walk away from. It was the approach, not over-paying, that left them missing out on players and with a bunch of excess cap space when all the decent players were gone.

There was no intentional sabotage. Idzik was too conservative to gamble on his own job by tanking the team intentionally.  

This whole line of logic is lame. The intent was to spend the money, otherwise players wouldn't have had offer numbers to walk away from. It was the approach, not over-paying, that left them missing out on players and with a bunch of excess cap space when all the decent players were gone.

There was no intentional sabotage. Idzik was too conservative to gamble on his own job by tanking the team intentionally.  

Davis, Taliq, Cro, DRC, Tillman, Rodgers, Verner, Tillman, Bailey,  Revis (woody saying he didn’t know he could get him for the amount he signed, GIVE ME A FOKIN BREAK WOODY) those are some cornerbacks in last year FA.   Not overpaying? lol He could have sign Cro for the same amount he wasted on Patterson.  He was only on his 6 team in 5 years.

Idzik tanked last year on purpose and you know it.  How do you go into the draft with the two biggest needs on your team CB and WR and come out empty? Amazingly he kept the entire 12 drafts pick, hilarious.  If you didn't like the CB that was available in the first round then Brandon Cooks and Kevin Benjamin were right there for the taking.  Looking at last year even with poor QB play it was very promising because we lost a lot of games that a player or two could have made the difference.  

Davis, Taliq, Cro, DRC, Tillman, Rodgers, Verner, Tillman, Bailey,  Revis (woody saying he didn’t know he could get him for the amount he signed, GIVE ME A FOKIN BREAK WOODY) those are some cornerbacks in last year FA.   Not overpaying? lol He could have sign Cro for the same amount he wasted on Patterson.  He was only on his 6 team in 5 years.

Idzik tanked last year on purpose and you know it.  How do you go into the draft with the two biggest needs on your team CB and WR and come out empty? Amazingly he kept the entire 12 drafts pick, hilarious.  If you didn't like the CB that was available in the first round then Brandon Cooks and Kevin Benjamin were right there for the taking.  Looking at last year even with poor QB play it was very promising because we lost a lot of games that a player or two could have made the difference.  

Vontae had been saying months he wanted to stay in Indy. Take him off your list. He likely only took interviews to find out his market value, then brought the number back to the Colts.

We had no shot at Talib, Denver made sure of that. Verner was someone I wanted, but apparently he wasn't a scheme fit - that's not just an Idzik call. Same could be said for Tillman. I'm not going to waste my time arguing over Champ Bailey or Carlos Rodgers. 

If you actually read anything before forming your conspiracy theory, you'd know that the coach staff here was OVER Cromartie. So, again, the decision not to bring him back was not exclusively Idzik's. 

That leaves DRC, which, like I said, Idzik's approach let him get away.

Revis was never coming here. He trolled us, because he had an axe to grind, but that deal to go to the Pats was a wink-wink deal that was in place for while. 

So, like I said --- Idzik didn't get a corner because he was bad at his job, not because he was intentionally sabotaging Rex.

No coach that is given 6 years, 6 drafts, 2 QBs, 3 OCs, 2 DCs, 2 GMs and myriad of other assistants fired and replaced around him, gets a raw deal. 

This.

So very, VERY, much this.

Vontae had been saying months he wanted to stay in Indy. Take him off your list. He likely only took interviews to find out his market value, then brought the number back to the Colts.

We had no shot at Talib, Denver made sure of that. Verner was someone I wanted, but apparently he wasn't a scheme fit - that's not just an Idzik call. Same could be said for Tillman. I'm not going to waste my time arguing over Champ Bailey or Carlos Rodgers. 

If you actually read anything before forming your conspiracy theory, you'd know that the coach staff here was OVER Cromartie. So, again, the decision not to bring him back was not exclusively Idzik's. 

That leaves DRC, which, like I said, Idzik's approach let him get away.

Revis was never coming here. He trolled us, because he had an axe to grind, but that deal to go to the Pats was a wink-wink deal that was in place for while. 

So, like I said --- Idzik didn't get a corner because he was bad at his job, not because he was intentionally sabotaging Rex.

Idzik made absolutely no attempt to go after Davis when he was declared a FA.  We had no shot at Taliq because Broncos had a real GM looking for the best interest of his team, also no attempt there.  Cro wanted to play here but Idzik said no.  Revis wanted to come but the gm didn't, you know it.  

BTW also in the draft, bad at his job too? No attempt to fill position of need when available players were rated higher than the one he took that were not urgent need like punt returner.  Ok got it.  :tumbleweed: 

this guys is gonna be the Bob Eueker of Buffalo

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2015/01/rex-ryan-jim-kelly-share-a-few-beers-photos/

This is totally awesome.

Hours after the Buffalo Bills announced the hiring of Rex Ryan with a “Welcome Rex” pizza at their facility, the team’s new coach headed around the corner for a beer with Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly.

Ryan has been embraced by Kelly, and thats a good thing.

“I am very excited about the hiring of Rex Ryan not only because of his coaching ability but also because of how he works with players and how players 
work for
 and respect him,” Kelly said in a 
statement
 posted to his wife’s Instagram page Tuesday.
He now has very talented players to go with the enthusiasm he brings to the locker room.”

“I’m looking forward to seeing what he does on the offensive side of the ball,” Kelly said in the statement. “I’m also excited about Rex Ryan’s determination to bring winning football back to the RALPH, to the amazing Bills fans and to 
the great
 city and people of Buffalo! GO BILLS!”

Kelly’s wife, Jill, also shared a snapshot from the Big Tree Inn meeting via social media:

Archived