Rex Ryan/Bills Press Conference News (merged)

Bruce Harper

• Replies 490
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As much as I loved rex, I really do get why people hate him and hated the jets. All it took was one press conference and I understood it all

False, bloviating, pompous and insincere.

I can only hope all the Jets Fans taken in by his rah rah college bleed jets Green schtick finally get exactly how fake and insincere it all actually was, and start judging him not on how much they "like" him, but on poorly he performed, year after year after year.

I actually agree wth cimini...I'm watching that yesterday thinking , wow he doesn't even believe the BS he is spewing right now you can see it, at least the first time around he actually did believe what he was saying.

He was on Mike and Mike this AM. He literally is delusional. Talked about leaving the Bills as it will be his LAST stop. Turning it over to his son.

He is a friggin moron.  You know, all that stuff, you know, dose things etc...  he cant articulate a childrens book.

False, bloviating, pompous and insincere.

I can only hope all the Jets Fans taken in by his rah rah college bleed jets Green schtick finally get exactly how fake and insincere it all actually was, and start judging him not on how much they "like" him, but on poorly he performed, year after year after year.

Seems like it's already starting , even our local beat guys are calling him out , other than Mehta of course , but you said it best the other day it would have been nice to see them do it while he was still here.

He was on Mike and Mike this AM. He literally is delusional. Talked about leaving the Bills as it will be his LAST stop. Turning it over to his son.

He is a friggin moron.  You know, all that stuff, you know, dose things etc...  he cant articulate a childrens book.

u serious? he actually said 'turn over to son'? 

His mind is getting messed up now that he cant make any more sick videos of dudes licking his wifes feet while he is behind camera..remember that folks,, there is some mental clues to that whole footsie thing guys.. Trust me, he aint 'all there'

fyi: Good Game last night, y'all almost pulled it out even though it appeared y'all were 'off a tad' last night.

u serious? he actually said 'turn over to son'? 

His mind is getting messed up now that he cant make any more sick videos of dudes licking his wifes feet while he is behind camera..remember that folks,, there is some mental clues to that whole footsie thing guys.. Trust me, he aint 'all there'

fyi: Good Game last night, y'all almost pulled it out even though it appeared y'all were 'off a tad' last night.

Yes..he said that.   He was asked about Sanchez and said  "I still have my tattoo.".

NC State kept it close but it wasnt as close as the score would suggest. I am not an alum.  My daughter went there and I went to Pace in NYC with no sports so I adopted NC State.   Other daughter went to Carolina but I root for State on nights like last night.

Yes..he said that.   He was asked about Sanchez and said  "I still have my tattoo.".

NC State kept it close but it wasnt as close as the score would suggest. I am not an alum.  My daughter went there and I went to Pace in NYC with no sports so I adopted NC State.   Other daughter went to Carolina but I root for State on nights like last night.

where u live if both kids went to NC schools? we have a Jets Fan Club in raleigh where we watch all Jets games at Amedeo's Restaurant..

where u live if both kids went to NC schools? we have a Jets Fan Club in raleigh where we watch all Jets games at Amedeo's Restaurant..

Thats kool. I run the Charlotte jets fan club with my buddy Scott from Staten Island.   We had a tailgate in December 2013 with over 200 people. Go to our site and FB page, send me an E mail from our web site. Im matt.

www.charlottejetsfans.com

Idzik made absolutely no attempt to go after Davis when he was declared a FA.  We had no shot at Taliq because Broncos had a real GM looking for the best interest of his team, also no attempt there.  Cro wanted to play here but Idzik said no.  Revis wanted to come but the gm didn't, you know it.  

BTW also in the draft, bad at his job too? No attempt to fill position of need when available players were rated higher than the one he took that were not urgent need like punt returner.  Ok got it.  :tumbleweed: 

We did go after Vontae, but as I said already, he wanted to stay in Indy. He probably used our offer as a baseline number in his contract with them. It was widely reported we made overtures - attempt made, you are wrong.

Talib went directly to the Broncos. No shopping around. No other GM had a chance - and I agree, Elway is a much better GM, but that doesn't mean Idzik was purposefully sabotaging the team.

There were widely circulated reports that the coaching staff soured on Cromartie, because of his lack of physicality and the dropoff in his play. Idzik and Rex are on the hook for not bringing him back, and frankly if we had resigned him, fans would have went nuts. It is only with the hindsight that his hip got better and we didn't get a proper replacement that he became appealing again. 

Revis. LMFAO.

I already said Idzik was bad at his job, the draft was absolutely evidence of that. Again, not sabotaging on purpose.

It's actually a bigger insult to Idzik that he totally tanked the team this season, without doing it on purpose. 

The dude just can't let go. I'd be embarrassed for him if he weren't such a manipulative piece of sh*t.

someone said he actually said he sees Bills job as his last and he intends to pass on job to his son.. WTF..even if joke, comes off dumb

enuf with the son crap,,we wasted  a draft pick to appease his clemson son for Gods sake....

and u know he gets a invited walkon chance w/Bills (or Pettine as a favor)  when he graduates..

someone said he actually said he sees Bills job as his last and he intends to pass on job to his son.. WTF..even if joke, comes off dumb

enuf with the son crap,,we wasted  a draft pick to appease his clemson son for Gods sake....

and u know he gets a invited walkon chance w/Bills (or Pettine as a favor)  when he graduates..

Meh, I think Pettine has washed his hands of that "friendship" upon realizing that Rex is all about Rex.

Thats kool. I run the Charlotte jets fan club with my buddy Scott from Staten Island.   We had a tailgate in December 2013 with over 200 people. Go to our site and FB page, send me an E mail from our web site. Im matt.

www.charlottejetsfans.com

I met you and Scott last year at the tailgate. You guys put on some spread. We stayed right up the block at the marriott. Charlotte was a good time. ran up quite a tab a few nights at the carolina sports bar around the corner.My buddies and I do one away game per year. This year was San Diego, next year London? My name is Steve. You may remember my friend who brought us to the tailgate, DR. Ted. We are all in your picture!

This whole line of logic is lame. The intent was to spend the money, otherwise players wouldn't have had offer numbers to walk away from. It was the approach, not over-paying, that left them missing out on players and with a bunch of excess cap space when all the decent players were gone.

There was no intentional sabotage. Idzik was too conservative to gamble on his own job by tanking the team intentionally.  

Sanders turns out is in fact a good PR. Not sure who dropped the bal figuratively, but looks like a group effort. Guy muffs a punt and then he's gone. Not exactly a brilliant piece of player developement by anyone involved. Speaks of a scared pussified approach that tells players in very stark terms if you make a mistake you're done.Didn't see anywhere Ryan sticking up for a player in any way. As with any number of servicable down roster depth guys over his 6 years doesn't appear Ryan helped develop anyone. Either arrive as the finished product or be gone. Unless you got a cool nickname like the terminator. 

I met you and Scott last year at the tailgate. You guys put on some spread. We stayed right up the block at the marriott. Charlotte was a good time. ran up quite a tab a few nights at the carolina sports bar around the corner.My buddies and I do one away game per year. This year was San Diego, next year London? My name is Steve. You may remember my friend who brought us to the tailgate, DR. Ted. We are all in your picture!

I absolutely remember Dr Ted and his family.  Ill check the photos. Kool!!!

did anyone ever come up with the real reason Pettine left?

No great secrets. Pettine had the author of "Crossers" living with him during the 2011 season. Perhaps Ryan viewed that as a betrayal, but clear the guys had a falling out.  And much of the book is about Pettine's frustration with several things Ryan didn't address that season-Schottenheimer's dumb offense espeicially in the Tebow and Xmas Eve Jints game; Jeff Weeks being indulged by Ryan and being allowed to ignore Pettine despite Pettine nominally being his direct boss: and Ryan generally losing sight of his job and wallowing in his media image nonsense instead. 

I absolutely remember Dr Ted and his family.  Ill check the photos. Kool!!!

I love Ted. I met him a few years ago because my oldest son married the daughter of one of Ted's best friends. He and Karen moved back to Abingdon, Va. Still text him from time to time. Will mention these emails to him, I owe him a call.

No greta secrets. Pettine had the author of "Crossers" living with him during the 2011 season. Perhaps Ryan viewed that as a betrayal, but clear the guys had a falling out.  And much of the book is about Pettine's frustration with several things Ryan didn't address that season-Schottenheimer's dumb offense espeicially in the Tebow and Xmas Eve Jints game; Jeff Weeks being indulged by Ryan and being allowed to ignore Pettine despite Pettine nominally being his direct boss: and Ryan generally losing sight of his job and wallowing in his media image nonsense instead. 

OK, thanks

Archived