It will be telling what 'kind of player' stays with Todd or goes to Rex

SouthernJet

Rex ran a LOOSE ship. No yelling ta players, no accountability with numerous 12 men of field, motion, offsides on defense etc etc etc.

He never would yell at a player on sideline aka Tuna or Cowher etc. I dont think Jets were 'worried' about making mistakes in a 'odd sort of way'

I dont really want a player thats more interested in easy playing environment with minimal consequences etc. I want a player who values winning first and is man enough to get his ass whooped on sideline or benched for a few plays if he screws up.

Let's see who leaves for easy peasey Rex or stays with what is being billed as a 'players coach who isnt afraid to meat out discipline'.

I think players under contract will probably stay, and the other guys will probably go to whoever pays them most. Given Rex's laughable affinity for over-rating "his guys", my guess would be that he'd be in line first to do just that. 

I think players under contract will probably stay, and the other guys will probably go to whoever pays them most. Given Rex's laughable affinity for over-rating "his guys", my guess would be that he'd be in line first to do just that. 

I was about to say, its not like they can just get up and leave.  There's this thing called contracts.  haha

I loved Rex until the game against the Packers when Wilkerson got ejected and Rex stood up for him doing it.  I understand things happen but your team winning comes first.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Willie Colon and David Harris in Buffalo.

that whole Packer game , as Woody pointed out, was a game we had in bag if it wasnt for some of the dumbest coaching moves in history. 

that whole Packer game , as Woody pointed out, was a game we had in bag if it wasnt for some of the dumbest coaching moves in history. 

I realize it was week 2, but after that game I knew it was going to be a bad year. I was realistically hoping/expecting 9-7

I realize it was week 2, but after that game I knew it was going to be a bad year. I was realistically hoping/expecting 9-7

agree, we just self destruct all the time

we could have milked clock at end of 1st half (example Woody used), kicked another FG for BIGGER lead,,but Noooooo, we throw into endzone , let GB back in game momentum wise and swing game around totally.

Rex will turn Buffalo into a retirement home for his buddies. He'll overpay Harris, he'll push for Calvin Pace and Jason Babin and Dawan Landry. If he there long enough, he'll give Terrell Suggs a sweetheart deal (as Ozzie Newsome laughs at him).

For all the bluster, Rex never attracted a big free agent here after Bart Scott.

Rex will turn Buffalo into a retirement home for his buddies. He'll overpay Harris, he'll push for Calvin Pace and Jason Babin and Dawan Landry. If he there long enough, he'll give Terrell Suggs a sweetheart deal (as Ozzie Newsome laughs at him).

For all the bluster, Rex never attracted a big free agent here after Bart Scott.

He'll need to make sure there's enough cap room for Sanchize too...

I would agree with you if not for the fact that it has been well established that Rex has zero input on his roster, he's like a school teacher he just shows up on the first day of class and does the best with what they gave him.

Rex ran a LOOSE ship. No yelling ta players, no accountability with numerous 12 men of field, motion, offsides on defense etc etc etc.

He never would yell at a player on sideline aka Tuna or Cowher etc. I dont think Jets were 'worried' about making mistakes in a 'odd sort of way'

I dont really want a player thats more interested in easy playing environment with minimal consequences etc. I want a player who values winning first and is man enough to get his ass whooped on sideline or benched for a few plays if he screws up.

Let's see who leaves for easy peasey Rex or stays with what is being billed as a 'players coach who isnt afraid to meat out discipline'.

For instance I think the cry baby Wilkerson and snack will follow Rex, if Rex want them in Buffalo. Richardson still has a few more years left on his rookie contract. I could see harris, demario, landry begging rex but these are worthless. The only ones on this defense worth are the snack, will and the energizer bunny, the rest are scrubs.

Will Rex bring in Taj Boyd to compete for the QB position

Probably not, but there will no doubt a few other bums from Clemson he will get Whaley to draft in the late rounds based on his own super secret scouting reports prepared by his son

Bart Scott was not a big free agent. He was only important to Rex's D, no part of his skillset made him crucial to any other team. He was good, but not 'big' .

Biggest FA signing in Rex's 6 years was Decker. Top 20 WR and still in his prime, and that was an Idzik move. Unlike Holmes and Plaxico.

/endthread

Anyone who doesn't "BUY IN" with Bowles program will be gone period!!!  In the next year or 2 the roster will turn over drastically, while the Jets get Players who want to be a part of the new culture. 

Those who go with Rex obviously are choosing not to be in. 

For instance I think the cry baby Wilkerson and snack will follow Rex, if Rex want them in Buffalo. Richardson still has a few more years left on his rookie contract. I could see harris, demario, landry begging rex but these are worthless. The only ones on this defense worth are the snack, will and the energizer bunny, the rest are scrubs.

Demario called out Rex and Staff for the easy practices...

The jets did not have any money after Scott, they borrowed future cap dollars both to sign him and then Holmes. Not sticking up for Rex but you can't get players unless you can field a competitive offer. He got Landry on a one year prove it deal.

Archived