Matt Moore will be the Jets starting qb in 2015.

Joe W. Namath

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought he did well a couple years ago, moved the ball well, stretched the field. That said, not sure if I feel comfortable going into the season with him being out starting QB. I rather have a more established guy back there. But whoever Chan feels like is gonna do best in his offense, go get that guy. Doesn't have to be a Peyton Manning type guy.

Matt Moore won team mvp when todd bowles was interm coach of the dolphins. Moore is a free agent this year.

With bowles running this defense, the jets will win 10 or 11 games and get a wild card with moore at qb.

Remember, herm, mangini, rex all made playoffs in year 1 of their tenure. With matt moore at qb, bowles continues that trend.

The Stats Matt Moore put up under Bowles isn't even better than what Geno has put up under Rex sh*tty offensive staff. If Bowles and Gailey can get the best out of a QB then I want Geno to be the starter. We need to draft a fast WR and a Fast RB. I think we'll be trading back in the draft with that #6 pick. 

The Stats Matt Moore put up under Bowles isn't even better than what Geno has put up under Rex sh*tty offensive staff. If Bowles and Gailey can get the best out of a QB then I want Geno to be the starter. We need to draft a fast WR and a Fast RB. I think we'll be trading back in the draft with that #6 pick.

Matt Moore has never put up ANY numbers under Bowels.

So the Jets will win 10 or 11 games next year and make the playoffs???

You guys had a tough year, I'll just let that one go.

We play a last place schedule. No expectatiions. We bring in moore as the saavy vetern qb. We take a pass rusher at 6 to generate sacks. Reunite spiller with chan gailey to add explosiveness to the offense. Bring back revis at corner.

10 wins and a wild card in bowles 1st year.

Bowles will not make the playoffs with the 2015 roster. He can't. Herm took over a solid roster and Mangini built a solid roster which he then passed on to Rex who took that roster to the playoffs. Bowles inherits a high pick and cap room. but his roster is crapola right now.

I love the Mangini built a solid roster revisionist history myth...

Right up there next to the Sun revolves around the Earth myth

Great enthusiasm, but is there any concrete reason you can come up with regarding why Moore will lead us to 11 wins other than Herm, Mangini and Rex all went to the playoffs their 1st year?

I think we need to aim higher. But...... I'd go with Moore, Smith if we draft Mariota..... And Moore & Smith fight it out to be our stop gap while Mariota sits for at least the first 6-8 games ( maybe even the whole first season).

Otherwise I would like to see us trade for Foles, with Smith as the back up. No need for Moore.

Foles would be my top choice followed by Glennon and Moore.

Matt Moore won team mvp when todd bowles was interm coach of the dolphins. Moore is a free agent this year.

With bowles running this defense, the jets will win 10 or 11 games and get a wild card with moore at qb.

Remember, herm, mangini, rex all made playoffs in year 1 of their tenure. With matt moore at qb, bowles continues that trend.

Sounds like a good possibility, I bet there's a few of Chan Gailey's stopgap guys out there as well.

We play a last place schedule. No expectatiions. We bring in moore as the saavy vetern qb. We take a pass rusher at 6 to generate sacks. Reunite spiller with chan gailey to add explosiveness to the offense. Bring back revis at corner.

10 wins and a wild card in bowles 1st year.

Do you know how ridiculous that "last place schedule " comment is?

The Jets will play the exact same schedule as the Pats, with the exception of 2 games.

Matt Moore will not take the worst roster in the NFL and win 10 games and make the playoffs.

I do like the moves the Jets made, but you need to set some realistic expectations, not some pie in the sky pipedream.

The Jets will play the exact same schedule as the Pats, with the exception of 2 games.

Matt Moore will not take the worst roster in the NFL and win 10 games and make the playoffs.

I do like the moves the Jets made, but you need to set some realistic expectations, not some pie in the sky pipedream.

As much as it pains me, I actually agree with you. :bag: 

I think he is the best of this bunch and could turn out to be pretty good. His stats were pretty good on a horrible team.

I think he is the best of this bunch and could turn out to be pretty good. His stats were pretty good on a horrible team.

What?

Its unpopular but I really like Jake locker, if he can only stay healthy

Jake Locker is my choice....He has the most upside.  He can be a guy you can really win with - not just a stop gap.

Draft o-line, spend big on o-line in free agency, give him a good running game and keep him healthy

Yeah, Matt Moore will be the NFL MVP, let alone team mvp. Jets win SB 41-0 against Seahawks!

Yes, I mentioned Matt Moore over 2 weeks ago.  He could be the one.!    Chase Daniels is another possible.  Unfortunately,  not much competition

for Geno.   Really slim goings for Franchise QB.     32 teams and only about 17 good QB's.    At least Rex is in the same pickle;  without a QB, Rex goes 6-10. Bills crowd pelts him with

snowballs.

So the Jets will win 10 or 11 games next year and make the playoffs???

You guys had a tough year, I'll just let that one go.

Last place schedule, 40 million in cap room to fill the holes in the roster...It's absolutely a possibility

Mangini did it in 2007, 4-12 to 10-6

Oh yea....and the 6th overall pick

2 games in the nfl is huge. Its the difference between an average 8-8 season and a successful 10-6 playoff season. Come on now. Your smarter then this.

Sorry, my effin phone wasn't working.  I thought it didn't go through once.  Now I can't figure out how to delete.  I guess that's one way to get your post count up.

lol  No problem.  Just busting balls.  Just please tell me you're not in charge of the launching codes at NORAD.

I think he's the top FA QB this year. But of course a few will want Sanchez. 

I like Matt Moore and would be all about this.  

Not sure this team gets it turned around well enough for the playoffs with him but I think he's a great stop gap guy for the time being...and I do think he has the possibility of being a decent starter though.

This team is terrible right now.  Expecting the playoffs year 1 of the new regime might be a little unrealistic.  They've got a long way to go.  

I like Matt Moore and would be all about this.  

Not sure this team gets it turned around well enough for the playoffs with him but I think he's a great stop gap guy for the time being...and I do think he has the possibility of being a decent starter though.

This team is terrible right now.  Expecting the playoffs year 1 of the new regime might be a little unrealistic.  They've got a long way to go.  

Of course you like Matt Moore. He is a professional quarterback who played for a Florida-based team. That's the extent of your "standards" for an NFL QB. 

I want no part of Matt Moore. I don't want a guy who is so bad he held a clipboard behind a waste of space like Ryan Tannehill. 

Of course you like Matt Moore. He is a professional quarterback who played for a Florida-based team. That's the extent of your "standards" for an NFL QB.

I want no part of Matt Moore. I don't want a guy who is so bad he held a clipboard behind a waste of space like Ryan Tannehill.

Tannehill is good.

worst roster in the NFL don't be freakin ridiculous.

The Jets have 40 mil in cap space and some nice draft picks to work with What they lack is a Big target on offense a couple of OL 2 guards would be nice and a QB

On defense all we really lack is a corner and some quick LBers on the outside ....

All of that is attainable this year if the right moves are made... The word out of Dallas is they will not sign both Dez and Murray so one of them will be available or possibly both.  Murry behind our line would be just as good as he was in Dallas and quite possibly open up this entire offense

Not to say this will happen but lets say the Jets land a serviceable QB like Moore get Dez Bryant via free agency and grab a guard as well in FA and via the draft. That's not a bad offense while we wait to draft our next QB or draft one this year to sit a year.

On defense I can see us filling the CB's needed via Free agency and draft a few LB's in possibly the 2nd or third rounds. If they get some nice players this team can turn it around fairly quickly and possibly have an even better pass rush and tackle better getting rid of dead wood like Pace . Obviously the key to all this is playing solid defense and hoping Matt Moore who has played well in the past can come here and protect the football and manage the offense. Its certainly not out of the question we can see a big turn around for this team because we are good in the trenches where most games are won and lost.

I like pie.  8-8 would be a nice step forward at this point.  

Archived