Matt Moore will be the Jets starting qb in 2015.

Joe W. Namath

Of course you like Matt Moore. He is a professional quarterback who played for a Florida-based team. That's the extent of your "standards" for an NFL QB. 

I want no part of Matt Moore. I don't want a guy who is so bad he held a clipboard behind a waste of space like Ryan Tannehill. 

Matt Moore played Pretty well in Carolina and retained the starting job after a very nice second half of the season a few years back. Then when he came back the team was totally injury riddled losing numerous Ol and WR and RB's and he took the brunt of the blame playing with no one to support him. he went to the Dolphins and played well when he got the chance to play but they felt he was not a long term solution so they drafted Tannehill and that's all well and good but in reality with whats available matt Moore would be a very nice fill in here while we make our move for a new QB to take the reigns and that's all JIF is saying . You over react way too much no one expects him to come in and light it up but if he plays decent to good and keep turnovers to a minimum if our defense starts clicking again we very well could surprise a lot of people.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Moore played Pretty well in Carolina and retained the starting job after a very nice second half of the season a few years back. Then when he came back the team was totally injury riddled losing numerous Ol and WR and RB's and he took the brunt of the blame playing with no one to support him. he went to the Dolphins and played well when he got the chance to play but they felt he was not a long term solution so they drafted Tannehill and that's all well and good but in reality with whats available matt Moore would be a very nice fill in here while we make our move for a new QB to take the reigns and that's all JIF is saying . You over react way too much no one expects him to come in and light it up but if he plays decent to good and keep turnovers to a minimum if our defense starts clicking again we very well could surprise a lot of people.

the two are not even remotely close in how they played the position

Look up Smash. 

There is something flying way over your head. 

2015 QB Roster:

1. Veteran JAG/Journeyman, BA-JAG.

2. Geno Smith

3. Sean Mannion (Drafted)

2016 QB Roster:

1. Veteran JAG/Journeyman

2. #1 Draft Pick OR Sean Mannion

3. 4th-5th Round Developmental Choice OR Sean Mannion

2017 QB Roster:

1. 2016 #1 Draft Pick OR Sean Mannion

2. 2015 Developmental Mid-Round Pick

3. 2016 Developmental Mid-Round Pick

I'm OK with him or Fitz as the vet coming in and competing with Geno and whoever we draft.

Both those guys suck and would probably lose to Geno in TC and preseason.  The only qb's available in trade or FA that are actually better than Geno are Mike Glennon (who can be had for a middle-round pick since Tampa is taking Winston) or Sam Bradford who I don't want anyway because he's always injured.

Yes, I mentioned Matt Moore over 2 weeks ago.  He could be the one.!    Chase Daniels is another possible.  Unfortunately,  not much competition

for Geno.   Really slim goings for Franchise QB.     32 teams and only about 17 good QB's.    At least Rex is in the same pickle;  without a QB, Rex goes 6-10. Bills crowd pelts him with

snowballs.

Geno is much better than we give him credit for. If Matt Moore comes here, Geno will swallow him whole, metaphorically of course.

Both those guys suck and would probably lose to Geno in TC and preseason.  The only qb's available in trade or FA that are actually better than Geno are Mike Glennon (who can be had for a middle-round pick since Tampa is taking Winston) or Sam Bradford who I don't want anyway because he's always injured.

So with Glennon and Harvin we would lose a 3rd and a 4th rd pick? I know you have a hard on for Glennon but I bet you a Jets Jersey he won't be coming here unless he gets cut. 

So with Glennon and Harvin we would lose a 3rd and a 4th rd pick? I know you have a hard on for Glennon but I bet you a Jets Jersey he won't be coming here unless he gets cut. 

Glennon is easily better than any crappy qb you'd get in the middle-rounds.  We shouldn't be keeping Harvin anyway that guy is Dumbtonio Part II.

Geno is much better than we give him credit for. If Matt Moore comes here, Geno will swallow him whole, metaphorically of course.

Somehow the entire NFL doesn't recognize the greatness of Matt Moore but a bunch of amateur-hour internet GM's who were screaming for the Jets to sign Michael Vick last summer do.

Somehow the entire NFL doesn't recognize the greatness of Matt Moore but a bunch of amateur-hour internet GM's who were screaming for the Jets to sign Michael Vick last summer do.

I don't think Matt Moore is terrible. As a backup, MM is ok. As a starter? No way. Moore has no upside. He's good protecting the ball, but his ceiling has already been reached. Geno's ceiling is massive if you ask me. His floor is also pretty low too. Moore has a higher floor and a much lower ceiling.

I don't think Matt Moore is terrible. As a backup, MM is ok. As a starter? No way. Moore has no upside. He's good protecting the ball, but his ceiling has already been reached. Geno's ceiling is massive if you ask me. His floor is also pretty low too. Moore has a higher floor and a much lower ceiling.

Signing Moore would be a waste of time and cap room just like the Vick signing last summer.  Even if Moore is just a 1 year $3mil signing it's still a waste especially considering the umpteen holes on our terrible roster.

Signing Moore would be a waste of time and cap room just like the Vick signing last summer.  Even if Moore is just a 1 year $3mil signing it's still a waste especially considering the umpteen holes on our terrible roster.

There are 4 good QB's that are projected to go between rounds 2-4.

At least one of those 4, will turn out to be a very good NFL QB.

Jets should focus their efforts on drafting the right one.

2015 QB Roster:

1. Veteran JAG/Journeyman, BA-JAG.

2. Geno Smith

3. Sean Mannion (Drafted)

2016 QB Roster:

1. Veteran JAG/Journeyman

2. #1 Draft Pick OR Sean Mannion

3. 4th-5th Round Developmental Choice OR Sean Mannion

2017 QB Roster:

1. 2016 #1 Draft Pick OR Sean Mannion

2. 2015 Developmental Mid-Round Pick

3. 2016 Developmental Mid-Round Pick

I don't mind this line of thought at all.  Keep picking Qb's in almost every draft until you find one and use one with the 1st pick you have ONLY if you truly believe he is 'the' guy.  Otherwise, pick them, develop them toss them aside if they are not making progress after a year or two.  Now adays you find out pretty soon if a guy has enough qualities to be patient with or not.

Of course you like Matt Moore. He is a professional quarterback who played for a Florida-based team. That's the extent of your "standards" for an NFL QB. 

I want no part of Matt Moore. I don't want a guy who is so bad he held a clipboard behind a waste of space like Ryan Tannehill. 

Tannehill is "a waste of space"?

Matt Moore won team mvp when todd bowles was interm coach of the dolphins. Moore is a free agent this year.

With bowles running this defense, the jets will win 10 or 11 games and get a wild card with moore at qb.

Remember, herm, mangini, rex all made playoffs in year 1 of their tenure. With matt moore at qb, bowles continues that trend.

Matt Moore will not get the Jets an additional 5 -7 wins. I wish it were so, but highly unlikely. I'd take Locker and I think maybe he could get us to 8 wins.

That's not waste of space by any means. Curious as to what u think Sanchez' ceiling is.

He's already exceeded it. 

His ceiling now is 7-9.

How is it not a waste of space? The goal is not to make the playoffs and lose. The goal is to win a championship. The only way Tannehill is ever going to the Super Bowl is if he gets a ticket. 

So the Jets will win 10 or 11 games next year and make the playoffs???

You guys had a tough year, I'll just let that one go.

Funny thing is that while it's obvious why this wasn't the most attractive place to come to for a HC candidate (or even an OC who had better options on the table), it's not totally unattractive for a FA QB.

We have an experienced OC (if one doesn't already have something against him). Anyone's opinion aside we have at least an ok OL with opportunity for improvement, a solid ground attack with Ivory and whoever else we add, and some pretty good receiving options (nothing resembling the 2012-2013 crew). Sure, anyone would like a "true #1" in the superstar type mold, but there are free agents and a draft coming up. Even if we dump Harvin and are unsuccessful in landing an ideal/better replacement, Decker + Kerley + Amaro isn't a bad foundation. Lastly, we have near limitless spending flexibility coming up for the QB and for even more help around him.

QBs have won a lot of games and done very well personally with less than that on paper. It's not so unattractive as Jets fans might think. Being in/near NYC still holds a lot of appeal to a lot of people (especially if they're rich and can really afford the best of what the city has to offer, like a veteran NFL QB can).

There are 4 good QB's that are projected to go between rounds 2-4.

At least one of those 4, will turn out to be a very good NFL QB.

Jets should focus their efforts on drafting the right one.

I'd rather do that and use our cap room to sign free agents to fill holes on the roster. Matt Moore, Brian, Locker - those guys all stink.

Archived