Bradway & Bauer Out (MERGED)

C Mart

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shocked - but only at the timing. Fully expected these guys to last thru the draft.

Maccagnan is a scout at heart, and obviously didn't like what he saw here at all. Good for him.

I had a similar thought, but then I realized it was informed by that moment when we hired Idzik and the word circulated was that it was too late, and that Idzik would have to draft with the current scouting dept and build his own the 2nd year. Which he didn't do.

It's unclear whether Gene Smith will join the Jets, but I'm told it won't be in one of these 2 jobs if he does. #nyj

Oh boy! I cannot wait to see who we hire next, research them and then act like I knew all about them in the first place!

After reading that our scouts were lazy and didn't take the draft all that seriously (thanks Woody) I am glad we are rid of these fools. "Build from the draft" only works if your organization is hustling and turning over every stone. I have been wondering for years what was our player evaluation process. Guess it's safe to say it's changing and hopefully for the better.

It's almost unfathomable to think he was still in a high profile role in the organization. Who the hell does that? Are there any other teams that still employed the GM they "demoted" NINE YEARS AGO? It's a ridiculous notion and it's long overdue.

Shocked - but only at the timing. Fully expected these guys to last thru the draft.

Maccagnan is a scout at heart, and obviously didn't like what he saw here at all. Good for him.

I just talked to someone in the organization who said when Mike Maccagnan took the General Manager job he had people in mind for these positions. So  he is bringing in his guys, he also told me that if Gene Smith, ex-Jaguars GM joins the organization, it won't be in either of these roles. Sounds like more of an assistant GM role for Smith when (if) he joins.

I just talked to someone in the organization who said when Mike Maccagnan took the General Manager job he had people in mind for these positions. So  he is bringing in his guys, he also told me that if Gene Smith, ex-Jaguars GM joins the organization, it won't be in either of these roles. Sounds like more of an assistant GM role for Smith when (if) he joins.

Good stuff Max. Appreciate the scoop!

Wow, someone walked into the office with an actual plan, what a concept

About time.  It's insulting to us fans that it took this long.  

Now, hopefully we'll get some real football people in here who know what they're doing and can actually identify more than one or two good football players every couple of years.

Terry Bradway

The New York Jets have announced a major shake in their scouting department today. Terry Bradway (Senior director of college scouting) and Jeff Bauer (Director of college scouting) were both fired.

“Today, I informed Terry and Jeff that the organization will be moving forward without them,” Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan said. “They have made valuable contributions to the New York Jets for more than a decade and we wish them both success in the future.”

Bradway just finished his 14th season with the New York Jets and his second as senior director of college scouting. Following the 2012 NFL Draft, he added the responsibility of overseeing all team efforts surrounding the draft, a role he also held from 2006-08. During that span he also oversaw the Jets’ pro scouting operations.

I spoke to someone in the organization who said new GM Mike Maccagnan had people in mind for these roles. So he is building his own scouting report, which is the right thing to do.

There are reports that ex-Jaguars GM Gene Smith will be joining the organization. I asked if those reports were true and was told that if Gene Smith does join the organization, it wouldn’t be in either of these roles.

You can continue the conversation in our .

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
cDYa1_ZZG3c

View the full article

Archived