Bradway & Bauer Out (MERGED)

C Mart

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had a similar thought, but then I realized it was informed by that moment when we hired Idzik and the word circulated was that it was too late, and that Idzik would have to draft with the current scouting dept and build his own the 2nd year. Which he didn't do.

That and Mac is a scout and comes from the side house. So he won't need the ramp up time not only from an draft prep standpoint but also in building his department. He's probably already all over both.

The Jets have “parted ways” with Terry Bradway, their senior director of college scouting, and Jeff Bauer, their director of college scouting, the team announced.

We now have 2 high level positions available for a couple of risings stars within the scouting and personnel community.

I bet Mac has already spoken to the guys he wants.That allowed Bradway and Bauer to be dismissed.

FINALLY!!! Damn, cleaning house and getting some new drafting blood in that draft room. Hopefully, this will correlate with better over all picks. 

LL

Agreed. I remember how excited we all got when Shotty was terminated. Yet...that was the last OC we had who presided over a winning team.

That said... We can't draft worse than 2014 can we?

The Jets have “parted ways” with Terry Bradway, their senior director of college scouting, and Jeff Bauer, their director of college scouting, the team announced.

We now have 2 high level positions available for a couple of risings stars within the scouting and personnel community.

I bet Mac has already spoken to the guys he wants.That allowed Bradway and Bauer to be dismissed.

Oh he knows he is taking those jobs. Pretty exciting times!

Agreed. I remember how excited we all got when Shotty was terminated. Yet...that was the last OC we had who presided over a winning team.

That said... We can't draft worse than 2014 can we?

I don't think we can possibly draft worst. The bar is set pretty low right now.

Care to make a guess which organization(s) will be pilfered?

The logical guess would be Houston... but I hope we take from the teams who continually have great drafts.

Agreed. Although in these types of roles, there could be sleepers in bad organizations. I swear the NFL should sell draft reports, I would pay to read what Bradway wrote about Mike Nugent before he drafted him.

This is all a good good sign...I believe we owe our admiration to casserly and wolf convincing woody that the house needed to be cleaned and then hiring a GM that, most likely, thought the same way. And a tip of the cap to Woody for believing in this overhaul-woodsy been destroyed here.

With the culture changing, we need to get a quality QB in here early in FA so some quality FAs at other positions can believe too.

I'm still flummoxed over Gailey, but things are looking up.

Agreed. Although in these types of roles, there could be sleepers in bad organizations. I swear the NFL should sell draft reports, I would pay to read what Bradway wrote about Mike Nugent before he drafted him.

I'm sure that when these scouts get together they must have some stories about players that they gave a high grade to that the GM passed on.

I'm sure Maccagnan has been a part of many of those conversations.

Maybe that's why Bradway got kicked to the curb after last years draft. Other organizations must have been laughing all the way to the podium after realizing who the Jets passed over for SCRUBS!

This is all a good good sign...I believe we owe our admiration to casserly and wolf convincing woody that the house needed to be cleaned and then hiring a GM that, most likely, thought the same way. And a tip of the cap to Woody for believing in this overhaul-woodsy been destroyed here.

With the culture changing, we need to get a quality QB in here early in FA so some quality FAs at other positions can believe too.

I'm still flummoxed over Gailey, but things are looking up.

It's amazing that Woody had to pay Casserly and Wolf six figures each to come in here and tell him, "Woody, the word around the league is that the Jets scouting operation is lazy and has bad judgement." One would think this could be figured out organically over the course of like 2 decades worth of awful. Oh well, at least it's getting fixed (we can hope).

Archived