Bradway & Bauer Out (MERGED)

C Mart

Said the same thing here the other day, and to the Pats fans in my office yesterday.

This is our sickness.

It feels good to get a new coach and clean house but that's where it ends...come Sept, were still in trouble unless we seriously upgrade the QB position.

....I'm sure your Pats fans buddies at work were like. " oh yeah, exciting to be a Jets fan....umm...we're gonna need you to work on Sunday cuz, you know, we're kinda busy watching a game."

FINALLY!!!!!!!

PS  hate when peeps get fired, never good in any profession but hopefully he will find a job somewhere else.

Feel the same way.  Bradway had a good long run and should be able to catch on somewhere.  It is definitely a new BEGINNING for this team! 

This is our sickness.

It feels good to get a new coach and clean house but that's where it ends...come Sept, were still in trouble unless we seriously upgrade the QB position.

....I'm sure your Pats fans buddies at work were like. " oh yeah, exciting to be a Jets fan....umm...we're gonna need you to work on Sunday cuz, you know, we're kinda busy watching a game."

I don't understand this post; we can't upgrade the qb position today; we can begin to make upgrades in scouting to help find that qb and that is exactly what they are doing.  Why not focus on the here and now? 

• Upvote 1

This is our sickness.

Dude seriously. Just shut up and be happy there's something to at least be hopefulll about. I'd buy you a drink if I could.

• Upvote 1

I don't understand this post; we can't upgrade the qb position today; we can begin to make upgrades in scouting to help find that qb and that is exactly what they are doing. Why not focus on the here and now?

Cuz I'm a miserable fock, that's why.

It's 36 yrs of jets fandom.

You're right about the fact that I should just be happy with the current turn of events.

Long overdue. Clearly Maccagan thinks as a scout himself what ever work product Bradway and Bauer had wasn't better than his own.

Recall Bradway was supposed to be leaving when Tannenbaum got the corner office in part because he still lived down in Avalon and hated the commute to LI.  but when they moved the operation to Florham Park suddenly he stuck around and got a different corner office. You could spend all night recounting the eff ups(see below), but he's gone.

If he saved his money(and he was paid a pile of it)  shed no tears for Bradway. 

Always seemed he didn't really give a poop about the OL until it went to crap and then suddenly was signing OL guys left and right. And spare the 5 minutes before Pennington's shoulder turned to spaghetti NEVER GOT A REAL QB. Pennington was a Parcells pick, and Testaverde was signed by Tuna as well. We had draft picks when Rodgers and Flacco were on the board, to name 2. An idiot like Ernie Accorsi got Eli Manning, somehow such moves were never made here when it mattered. Despite the Wilson story, doesn't appear Bradway broke any furniture when Sanchez or Smith came up.

• Upvote 2

This is our sickness.

Actually, I don't always get like this. I wasn't sure what to make of the Herm hiring, but I wasn't happy at all about Parcells leaving. I doubt anything would have made me happy. I thought the Mangini hire was insane. Literally no qualifications at all, other than being Bill's underling. Made me furious from day one. I was also very skeptical of Rex, mostly because there were other coaches I wanted at the time. I eventually got caught up in those first 2 years, but it never stopped me from chirping about my concerns with him. Once the veterans stopped covering for his sloppiness, everything that concerned me came true. I was REALLY not a fan of retaining him when Tanny was hired, especially because I wanted us to hire Bruce Arians.

So, the optimism I feel about Bowles right now is not routine for me. It feels different to me. About 30 minutes ago I was watching Cro talk about Bowles on NFL Network, and the way he described Bowles was "I played with Rex and Thurman, they were smart guys, BUT Bowles learns every player he has, he knows everyone's limitations and puts them in position to succeed..." I'm partially paraphrasing from memory, but the way he described him... sounds like he's "next level" compared to Rex. 

The thing I like is that there's been no pomp and circumstance, we just hired a coaches coach, and we're going about our business. It feels different, like completely different. I may be acting naive, but I'm just reacting to what my gut is telling me. I may end up sounding foolish, like with Idzik, I had to insist on giving him the benefit of the doubt. I ignored my gut in favor of being idealistic about having the right outlook. Couldn't have been more wrong. I don't have any of that feeling with Bowles. I'm not worried about him, and don't feel he needs benefit of the doubt. The positivity just feels natural. 

• Upvote 1

This offseason is getting off to a great start. I really like everything that's happening. Chan Gailey might be the only thing im skeptical about but I keep hearing great things about him as a coordinator. Now I hope the positive changes in the front office and coaching staff continue on to the roster.

I dont feel bad he got fired. WE pay their salaries. Anyone who runs a business knows that the customers (fans, in this case) pay the salaries. He did a piss poor job for a long time and collected a salary from your PSLs, hot dogs, t-shirts, $10 beers, etc. Meh. Incompetent people get fired in real life.

I don't see how anyone could be upset about this. We've been drafting poorly for a long time, and two men who've been a big part of the scouting department for much of that period are gone at last.

We wanted Woody to clean house, and he's done exactly that.

Completely agree. It was way overdue, glad to see Mac didn't waste time. This guy looks like he means business.

It's amazing that Woody had to pay Casserly and Wolf six figures each to come in here and tell him, "Woody, the word around the league is that the Jets scouting operation is lazy and has bad judgement." One would think this could be figured out organically over the course of like 2 decades worth of awful. Oh well, at least it's getting fixed (we can hope).

This is true, but I think the problem with Woody is that he is a Jets fan and as a trust fund baby was never a businessman. He gets overcome by personality, so he obviously fell for Bradway and Rex who outlived their shelf lives. Remember, Woody didn't even want to fire Herm who deserved it. Herm wanted to get out. Its telling that the two guys without personality, Mangini and Idzik were fired in a short period. Neither could seduce Woody like Bradway and Rex.
  • Upvote 2

Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times-Union reports that the Jaguars are interviewing Jets RBs coach Anthony Lynn for their offensive-coordinator vacancy on Saturday.

Jacksonville has already met with former Bills OC Nathaniel Hackett and Raiders OC Greg Olsen regarding the position this week.

The full list of candidates for the Jaguars’ position includes:

•Vikings RBs coach Kirby Wilson

•Jets RBs coach Anthony Lynn :bwahaharoll: 

•former Bears HC Marc Trestman

•former Bills HC Doug Marrone

•former Bills OC Nathaniel Hackett

•Raiders OC Greg Olsen

•Broncos OC Adam Gase

———-

———-

Report: Jets are getting rid of Rod Graves also

Posted by Darin Gantt on January 16, 2015, 5:51 PM EST

Rod Graves

AP

The house-cleaning in the Jets front office isn’t limited to the college scouting side.

According to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News, the Jets are also going to part ways with executive Rod Graves.

Graves, formerly the General Manager of the Cardinals, was brought in two years ago to lend some personnel experience when John Idzik was hired as the Jets G.M.

As such, new Jets G.M. Mike Maccagnan didn’t feel compelled to keep him around, which shouldn’t be a surprise.

When the results merit firing the G.M. after two seasons, getting rid of the guys who helped him make those decisions can be easily justified.

This is true, but I think the problem with Woody is that he is a Jets fan and as a trust fund baby was never a businessman. He gets overcome by personality, so he obviously fell for Bradway and Rex who outlived their shelf lives. Remember, Woody didn't even want to fire Herm who deserved it. Herm wanted to get out. Its telling that the two guys without personality, Mangini and Idzik were fired in a short period. Neither could seduce Woody like Bradway and Rex.

Excellent point.  Two things come to mind here -- the first being the reports that Woody was looking for an excuse to keep Rex.  True or not, that's the kind of mindset it seems that he had with Rex (definitely was the case the previous season.  Second was his press conference announcing the firings.  Whereas he seemed very appreciate of Rex and somewhat dejected that he had to let him go...he didn't always do a good job of hiding his disappointment in Idzik lol.