Lee and Lal GONE to Buffalo!!!!

joewilly12

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost feel bad for the Bills/Fans. I mean I want them to suck but wasn't it enough that they hired Rex, fired Schwartz to replace him with Thurman, bring in all the other terrible coaches and so on? Now you add Lal that joke of a coach to that mix? It's clear as day that Rex must be some sort of trojan horse, otherwise this just doesn't make any sense. Unbelievable. He's taking the same, sh*tty staff that almost destroyed this franchise over the last couple of years, step by step, game by game until we decided to get rid of those clowns. Waiting for the Bills to hire Idzik now. I really hope their fans know what is happening to their organization right now and what has happened to their organization since the hiring of Wrecks. I'd be absolutely furious, honestly. I really don't mind giving them or anybody else credit for hiring the right people, I'm not - WE'RE NOT - trying to talk trash here and bash the Bills because we're jealous. This is just the truth, the facts. Why didn't these idiots just promote Schwartz to HC, find a new DC and keep the rest of the staff, especially the offensive staff from last year? I mean Robert Woods, Sammy, the tight ends, they all did one heck of a job considering the QB they had, why would you get rid of the receivers coach? Those guys developed quite nicely considering what they're working with (nothing). I'm shell shocked. Sorry, Buffalo. In a few years you'll understand why. Rex, we all appreciate you for everything you have done since you got fired. You helped this organization so much by taking this trash with you. Thank you.

EDIT:

This is gonna be fun. http://boards.buffalobills.com/showthread.php?506639-Sanjay-Lal-new-WR-coach

....sounds more like a Dell Customer Service guy...just sayin'............

He was the Jets WR coach the last few years...not exactly the greatest hire from that standpoint but who knows
I know almost nothing about him

He makes a helluva cup of coffee.

I was ok with Rob Moore.

As was I, taught Sammy well, helped out Hogan too

I loved Rob Moore as well. I want him back.

I remember him. He called awhile back to sell me solar panels for my garage.

Jets' fans have not liked this assistant for over a year.....they blame him to some extent for the slow development of Stephen Hill.

Not sure I like this hire....

Good grief, the Jets sucked on Offense. Maybe bringing their offensive coaches here isn't such a good idea?

Well, his time with the Raiders is most notable for having talent at the position that never lived up to expectations.

David Lee, the Jets' quarterbacks coach the last two years, with assume the same title with the Bills under Ryan, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Which means Lee essentially gets to trade working with Geno Smith (2014 Total QBR: 35.4) for working with E.J. Manuel (19.8). For Ryan, it's the same old story.

And Sanjay Lal, who coached the Jets' receivers from 2012-14, will assume the same duty with the Bills, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

Best news of the day.

David Lee, the Jets' quarterbacks coach the last two years, with assume the same title with the Bills under Ryan, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network. Which means Lee essentially gets to trade working with Geno Smith (2014 Total QBR: 35.4) for working with E.J. Manuel (19.8). For Ryan, it's the same old story.

And Sanjay Lal, who coached the Jets' receivers from 2012-14, will assume the same duty with the Bills, according to ESPN's John Clayton.

Bill IMO will be worse in 2015.

Uh Keyshawn said 97 was like his rookie year because he learned nothing from kotites strict disciplinary leadership in 96.

And hey kid, when are you gonna check out your b day thread in the lounge?

KJ was just blowing the Tuna in 14 games under Kotite he had 63 catches 844 yds and 8 tds in 16 games in 97 he had just 7 more catches 119 more yds and 3 less tds.. I never go to the lounge because Max said Tom uses it like a outhouse.. :winking0001:

Apparently Buffalo, SF, and Atl, and 99% of sports talking heads haven't realized this either.

Again.... the ONLY people I hear saying Rex sucks are Jets fans.

Probably because Jets fans who have watched every single aspect of this team over the years probably know best.   Joe blowe from san fran or even the national media know nothing compared to the avg jet fan.  They see rex's charm and the two afc title game and miss everything in between.

Meanwhile David Lee was the QB coach in Buffalo when Ryan Fitzpatrick, that guy so many want to sign, was having his best year. 

Lal may suck but he hasn't exactly been working with Duper and Clayton.  All that good WR coaching in Carolina and Chicago still can't get Stephen Hill off the practice squad or Santonio Holmes a job. 

But carry on...

Ah yes, the good old time honoured intent forum post that takes a swipe at posters but is worded so that the author can back pedal quickly and not be held accoutable for an actual opinion.

David Lee was once okay for part of a year for Fitzpartick.....thus.....thus what?  Is Lee a good QB coach the Jets fans should be upset about losing?  If asked I'msure you would say, 'I never said he was good!'

The Lal comment, even better 'Lal may suck but,'  but what?  does he suck or not?  The good old 'but' seems to excuse him from sucking and the premeptive mentiion of Hill was perfect as well.  You  can indicate in your post that he does not suck because he had nothing to work with  and his major failure was terrible but can easily back pedal out of this by saying 'hey I said he sucked!'

Then the final 'But carry on dot dot dot' 

A post in this thread that stated 'LOL, Rex is a buffon!  Good luck Buffalo!' would have far more relevance than the quoted post because it pretty clearly states that A)  the person is happy with the turn of events, B) Rex made his usual loyal move of keeping people he is familure with who may not be good at what they do and C) A division rival now has a couple of assistants that are viewed as poor thus making it better for the Jets.

The quoted post takes some kind of shot at people being happy about this but backs it up with.......nothing and ensures that the poster can't be take to task over their words.

KJ was just blowing the Tuna in 14 games under Kotite he had 63 catches 844 yds and 8 tds in 16 games in 97 he had just 7 more catches 119 more yds and 3 less tds.. I never go to the lounge because Max said Tom uses it like a outhouse.. :winking0001:

Kj had a problem keeping both feet in bounds in 96 on sideline passes. He didn't from 97 on. And all the pulled hamstrings the jets had in 96 went away in 97 too.

You forgot to mention hugh Douglas gaining 25lbs during the bye week during kotites strict rule.

I love the fact that YOU brought up kotite in this rex thread. Outstanding!

Kj had a problem keeping both feet in bounds in 96 on sideline passes. He didn't from 97 on. And all the pulled hamstrings the jets had in 96 went away in 97 too.

You forgot to mention hugh Douglas gaining 25lbs during the bye week during kotites strict rule.

I love the fact that YOU brought up kotite in this rex thread. Outstanding!

I do it for 2 reasons one you know I enjoy busting chops and two for those fans that are from the Kenny O era his 2 good years were with Rich Kotite as his OC.. Proving once again just because your a good coordinator doesn't mean you will be a good HC.. :winking0001:  BTW Hugh Douglas was traded because he hated the 3-4 after making ROTY in the 4-3 .. He went on to make Pro Bowls and All Pro with the Eagles.. 

I do it for 2 reasons one you know I enjoy busting chops and two for those fans that are from the Kenny O era his 2 good years were with Rich Kotite as his OC.. Proving once again just because your a good coordinator doesn't mean you will be a good HC.. :winking0001: BTW Hugh Douglas was traded because he hated the 3-4 after making ROTY in the 4-3 .. He went on to make Pro Bowls and All Pro with the Eagles..

Yeah uh do you remember andre tippet practically killing O'brien over and over with upside down pile drivers? That was kotites blocking scheme. It ruined O'brien, after that he was she'll shocked and had happy feet all the time.

Yeah uh do you remember andre tippet practically killing O'brien over and over with upside down pile drivers? That was kotites blocking scheme. It ruined O'brien, after that he was she'll shocked and had happy feet all the time.

ugh,,,,,,,,,,,as Bob Hope said 'Thanks for the Memories' ;)

It's too bad Brad Smith isn't still there, he'd be looking at a career year.

Why is a head coach who has no interest in offense bring his offensive position coaches with him to Buffalo? I don't agree with a lot of the complaints about Rex, but his inability to put together a quality staff is a valid one. He'd've been much better off hiring the new OC and letting him fill out the staff on that side of the ball.

Kenny was such a statue pigeons used to crap on him,using another bird term he was a sitting duck with no ability to move in the pocket.. Who is the only Jet starting QB without a rushing TD?? That's right Kenny O, Namath had 7 and he wore knee braces ..LOL Actually Kenny did get close once but punked out when he was about to be hit.. :rl:

Ah yes, the good old time honoured intent forum post that takes a swipe at posters but is worded so that the author can back pedal quickly and not be held accoutable for an actual opinion.

David Lee was once okay for part of a year for Fitzpartick.....thus.....thus what?  Is Lee a good QB coach the Jets fans should be upset about losing?  If asked I'msure you would say, 'I never said he was good!'

The Lal comment, even better 'Lal may suck but,'  but what?  does he suck or not?  The good old 'but' seems to excuse him from sucking and the premeptive mentiion of Hill was perfect as well.  You  can indicate in your post that he does not suck because he had nothing to work with  and his major failure was terrible but can easily back pedal out of this by saying 'hey I said he sucked!'

Then the final 'But carry on dot dot dot' 

A post in this thread that stated 'LOL, Rex is a buffon!  Good luck Buffalo!' would have far more relevance than the quoted post because it pretty clearly states that A)  the person is happy with the turn of events, B) Rex made his usual loyal move of keeping people he is familure with who may not be good at what they do and C) A division rival now has a couple of assistants that are viewed as poor thus making it better for the Jets.

The quoted post takes some kind of shot at people being happy about this but backs it up with.......nothing and ensures that the poster can't be take to task over their words.

Let me be more clear.

Everything I've read about David Lee says he's a top notch QB coach.

I haven't read as much about Lal (because there aren't many articles on him) hence "he may suck".  What I do know is that Raiders receivers were playing well when we nabbed him.  I named Hill and Holmes (add Clyde Gates, Jalen Saunders) to illustrate that players who have escaped Lals atrocious coaching still haven't done jack sh-t elsewhere.

I think people are making silly assumptions based on our crappy players.  Just because Geno Smith sucks, does not mean David Lee sucks. 

Does that really need to be said?

And once again the Jets benefit from addition by subtraction. Both sucked at their respective jobs.

Why is a head coach who has no interest in offense bring his offensive position coaches with him to Buffalo? I don't agree with a lot of the complaints about Rex, but his inability to put together a quality staff is a valid one. He'd've been much better off hiring the new OC and letting him fill out the staff on that side of the ball.

Why not steal Schotty away from UGA? Rex can run wildcat 100%of the plays.

Let me be more clear.

Everything I've read about David Lee says he's a top notch QB coach.

I haven't read as much about Lal (because there aren't many articles on him) hence "he may suck".  What I do know is that Raiders receivers were playing well when we nabbed him.  I named Hill and Holmes (add Clyde Gates, Jalen Saunders) to illustrate that players who have escaped Lals atrocious coaching still haven't done jack sh-t elsewhere.

I think people are making silly assumptions based on our crappy players.  Just because Geno Smith sucks, does not mean David Lee sucks. 

Does that really need to be said?

How about what you have SEEN? Did Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith actually BENEFIT from Lee's coaching or council? The answer is a resounding no.

Kenny was such a statue pigeons used to crap on him,using another bird term he was a sitting duck with no ability to move in the pocket.. Who is the only Jet starting QB without a rushing TD?? That's right Kenny O, Namath had 7 and he wore knee braces ..LOL Actually Kenny did get close once but punked out when he was about to be hit.. :rl:

I remember that game. It was home against the Dolphins and afterward Louis Oliver - the Fins safety - said ," He didn't want it." All he had to do was fall down forward and he scored. So funny.

Rex is a loser who needs his yes men. Mission accomplished. The only one I will miss is Karl Dunbar.

How about what you have SEEN? Did Mark Sanchez or Geno Smith actually BENEFIT from Lee's coaching or council? The answer is a resounding no.

Sanchez got a training camp worth of Lee council and had easily beaten out Geno.

He went on to play fairly well with the Eagles so the answer is who knows.

Geno has been a hot mess most of the time but played very well in certain games so again... who knows.

Lee seemed to do well with Romo in his rookie year, Chad with the Dolphins (where he introduced the wildcat), and with Fitzpatrick in Buffalo.

Despite those facts, many here just want to say "Lee sucks" because Geno hasn't turned into a good QB in 2 years.  It's beyond short-sighted.

Sanchez got a training camp worth of Lee council and had easily beaten out Geno.

Geno has been a hot mess most of the time but played very well in certain games so again... who knows.

Lee seemed to do well with Romo in his rookie year, Chad with the Dolphins (where he introduced the wildcat), and with Fitzpatrick in Buffalo.

Despite those facts, many here just want to say "Lee sucks" because Geno hasn't turned into a good QB in 2 years.  It's beyond short-sighted.

Really. Geno is just a bum, period. No coach can turn a bad player into a good player.

When you think about it, Lee has been an awesome QB coach, except when he hasn't been.

Archived