New England has filed tampering chargers against the Jets

WickedAwesome

If I'm not mistaken, past tampering charges have resulted in the teams swapping draft picks.

I'd say best case scenario for the Jets here is that we get your 2nd rounder, but we could also swap 1sts

Dream on Aerosmith. The NFL is not going to 'awawd' the Pats draft picks over this. This was just an opportunity for Belicheat to tweak our tweakable owner so he did. Nothing more than a fine will come of it. 

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

of course none of that matters Rich, every single Patriots fan will swear that it's either not true or that it was just a mistake and they wrong balls were put in the wrong bags and with that score they would have won anyway. Just watch, they will be justifying it as soon as they all wake up this morning.

Ball Boy 2 years form now will silently have a Villa in Boca for keeping his yap shut ;)

Ball Boy 2 years form now will silently have a Villa in Boca for keeping his yap shut ;)

You know we all say that you should never wish an injury on any player but if any one guy deserves said sentiment it's that team's QB-I hope Seattle crushes him, I mean literally

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 2m2 minutes ago

#Patriots have filed tampering charges vs. the New York Jets for Woody Johnson's comments on Revis according to @AdamSchefter

Could be a draft pick swap if history is any indicator of punishment.

Patriots will win this. The only question remaining is what NY's punishment will be

The Jets likely won't be punished. Their owner answered a question at a press conference.

If I'm not mistaken, past tampering charges have resulted in the teams swapping draft picks.

I'd say best case scenario for the Jets here is that we get your 2nd rounder, but we could also swap 1sts

How is that going to work now that New England is about to lose its 1st round pick for cheating?

And he blatantly violated NFL tampering rules.

Chop busting aside I can see if a team goes to the players agent and makes a offer much better than he's currently getting from his team.. But to say I would like a player for what he's getting paid this year when prompted by the press is silly.. Woody is so dumb he doesn't realize that it's 32 million for 2 years unless it's changed..

Chop busting aside I can see if a team goes to the players agent and makes a offer much better than he's currently getting from his team.. But to say I would like a player for what he's getting paid this year when prompted by the press is silly.. Woody is so dumb he doesn't realize that it's 32 million for 2 years unless it's changed..

It's a club option for 2015 so where is there tampering? It's up to the Pats to exercise the option. 

You think Revis doesn't realize there are 10 teams that would sign him tomorrow if the Pats choose not to exercise the option?

If the NFL punishes the Jets for this I say we make Goodell's life a living nightmare. 

Gaining a competitive edge in negotiations is the effort meant behind enforcing tampering rules.

Blurting out that you like a player, is hardly a competitive edge, particularly when you are talking about the Jets.

Much ado about nothing.

+1000

The NFL has realized that "tampering" has been going on for years. It is the reason that they created the "dead" period, before last year's free agency.

Did you ever wonder how as soon as free agency started, free agenda would sign literally hours after the stroke of midnight the first day? You think talks and contracts can be done that quickly?

Actually its $12M. The second year is $20M.  So Woody is correct, Revis is playing for $12M.  No way will the Patriots pay him $20M next season, they will either re-negotiate or release him.

Actually its $12M. The second year is $20M.  So Woody is correct, Revis is playing for $12M.  No way will the Patriots pay him $20M next season, they will either re-negotiate or release him.

I know but like I said the avg was 16 for 2 years that was done for Revis's ego.. No way would the Pats pay him 20 million even knew that..LOL

Archived