Is anyone concern over Bowles's AZ 24 ranked Defense? 260 passing yards and 110 rushing yards per game

DRJETS

It meant that everybody ran all over this defense at will, no? I think he was the better candidate of the bunch but it doesn't concern you at all?

Rexyhaters always worrying about dumb things like creating turnovers and scoring on defense when they should be concerned about stopping the run.

It meant that everybody ran all over this defense at will, no? I think he was the better candidate of the bunch but it doesn't concern you at all?

No.

The two years he coordinated there, he had the #7 and #5 scoring defense. And he did it this year missing a handful of MAJOR contributors from 2013. Until they decide to put yards up on the scoreboard instead of points, I am not at all concerned.

Rexyhaters always worrying about dumb things like creating turnovers and scoring on defense when they should be concerned about stopping the run.

without an offense, if you cant stop the run, you wont win. not too worried about bowles defense not being able to stop the run, as the jets have the horses up front to do just that

NO.. Only Rex is concerned with rankings on yards.Bowles defense was great at the things that matter, scoring, 3rd downs, turnovers and red zone. Essentially the opposite of our limp defense under Rex the Clown

arizona were easily one of the best defenses in the league back in 2013.

2014 they were still good, but not the same because of suspensions/injuries. they lost dansby, washington, dockett, abraham. all things considered, he did a great job with a depleted, make-shift defense. that whole team punched above its weight this year.

The Jets were ranked #14 in pass defense, based on yards allowed. 

The Cards were #29 in that category.

The Jets had the 5th ranked run defense.

Cardinals, the 13th.

Overall, (in YARDS ALLOWED) the Jets had a top ranked defense, 6th overall.

The Cardinals were ranked 24th overall.

But in POINTS ALLOWED the tables are reversed. 

In total points allowed per game, the Arizona Cardinals were ranked 5th.

The Jets are 24th in that category, and while this doesn't factor out the points scored against the offense, it does show something very important.

The Cardinals made it to the playoffs... By keeping their opponents score low, and then outscoring them.

For all of the defensive stats which Rex can hang his hat on, the most important one is getting to the post-season, and that's not something you can achieve with impressive (yards allowed) stats if we are going to falter in the more important (points allowed) stats.  

If Bowles was coming in to be Dc , than It might be worth discussing. Bowles is coming in as head coach, and only time will tell how good a head coach he is. yes it true that most successful coaches were successful coordinators. Still there have been some great coordinators who were terrible head coaches .( Norv Turner)

That's the problem hiring a first time coach( 3 games Afc experience with The Dolphins). No one really knows what you're going to get. He could be the next Vince Lombardi, or the next Rich Kotite.

Cardinals, the 13th.

The Jets are 24th in that category, and while this doesn't factor out the points scored against the offense, it does show something very important.

The Cardinals made it to the playoffs... By keeping their opponents score low, and then outscoring them.

For all of the defensive stats which Rex can hang his hat on, the most important one is getting to the post-season, and that's not something you can achieve with impressive (yards allowed) stats if we are going to falter in the more important (points allowed) stats.  

29 in the league in passing with Peterson, Cro and Johnson in the backfield.  WOW.  I can only imagine what he can do with our studs in the secondary.  But then again Idzik is no longer our GM.

#5 scoring defense.

Discuss.

Basically. 

They had 18 interceptions, four defensive TDs, all while overcoming injuries on his side of the ball, with a less talented front than the Jets have. I'm excited to see a defense that's all about takeaways. If he builds on the Jets rushing defense and pass rush, this could be a quality unit. 

29 in the league in passing with Peterson, Cro and Johnson in the backfield. WOW. I can only imagine what he can do with our studs in the secondary. But then again Idzik is no longer our GM.

Yeah no way we can go into 2015 season with the same (or similar) secondary. Hopefully Milliner is back and McDougal as well. Still need to add some players in FA, unfortunately last year's FA CB crop was filled with more talent than that's usually available and would have been the ideal year to make some moves via FA.

If Idzik was able to close the deal with Vontae Davis, and he chose Cro over Patterson we would have been in a much MUCH better situation, but it is what it is and it's time for our new GM to earn his paycheck.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

There was a period last year where the Cardinals had 23 sacks in 5 games.  This with multiple injuries on D.

Yeah, not concerned one iota.  Besides, Bowles' new job is to oversee all football operations.  Haven't we learned by now we'll need to judge him on wins and losses rather than the performance of the side of the ball he's most familiar?

29 in the league in passing with Peterson, Cro and Johnson in the backfield. WOW. I can only imagine what he can do with our studs in the secondary. But then again Idzik is no longer our GM.

LOL, u know Zona in 2014 gave up just 299 pts all season, that's even better than what Rex's defense managed in 2010 (304). And he did that with a banged up, depleted defense missing all of its key players from the previous year; no Washington, Abraham, dockett, or dansby.

I'm not worried one bit about how he will do on defense, I just want to see an offense that isn't ranked 30th in points scored like what we had under Rex in his last 3 years here.

Cardinals, the 13th.

To tell you the truth, I think the biggest change will be the GM.  We have a bunch of real weak spots on this team.  If we're able to fill those effectively we'll be a better team.  This team has been getting deconstructed since Rex's 2nd AFCCG, it's time someone takes it the other way.   If we can plug those holes we should be back to winning football again.

Archived