Report: NFL investigating whether Patriots purposely deflated footballs during win over Colts

CM28

Please provide one documented link explaining how the balls were doctored after the offcials verified them prior to kickoff.

How?

How about...sorcery! Yeah, I bet it was sorcery.

No, no that can't be it. Maybe Belichick sat each ball down and had a talk with it. Told it some seriously depressing sh*t. You know, to make the ball depressed so it would let its own air out.

No, no that can't be it. That's not even scientific. Maybe they hid each ball behind Wilfork when the offense was up, you know? That way he could just sit back and squeeze the air out.

No, no way. That's can't be it either.

You know what? Maybe they just used a needle like every other ****in person on earth who inflates and deflates sh*t.

• Replies 557
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's exactly how this ends.

Hope you guys enjoy watching the Pats play in yet another Super Bowl.

My dad taught me that honor and integrity matter in life.

I guess your dad did not.

Sucks for you, but you are following the right team so you have that going for you !

How?

No, no that can't be it. Maybe Belichick sat each ball down and had a talk with it. Told it some seriously depressing sh*t. You know, to make the ball depressed so it would let its own air out.

No, no that can't be it. That's not even scientific. Maybe they hid each ball behind Wilfork when the offense was up, you know? That way he could just sit back and squeeze the air out.

You know what? Maybe they just used a needle like every other ****in person on earth who inflates and deflates sh*t.

took too long to get to the jab. It was weak by the time I got to the end of this post. I'm a little disappointed in you.

My dad taught me that honor and integrity matter in life.

I guess your dad did not.

Sucks for you, but you are following the right team so you have that going for you !

Agreed. As a Yankee fan I can't help but cringe when I think of the cheaters like Arod, Giambi, and Petitte. Im also positive that the Yankees knew. Shame that Patriot fans don't seem to have that moral equivalence.

How?

I'm detecting your sarcasm. 

Agreed. As a Yankee fan I can't help but cringe when I think of the cheaters like Arod, Giambi, and Petitte. Im also positive that the Yankees knew. Shame that Patriot fans don't seem to have that moral equivalence.

All of baseball knew. 

Selig knew.

The home run chase brought baseball back after the strike. They didn't want to know it wasn't legit. 

I'm the same way.  I hated when mangini came up with that stupid fast substitution thing where he ran 5 players onto the field and tried to hurry up the snap.  I cringe when a Jet takes a cheap shot out of bounds.  

All of baseball knew. 

Selig knew.

The home run chase brought baseball back after the strike. They didn't want to know it wasn't legit.

Oh of course. I just hate that the team I pull for had a bunch of cheaters on it.

I'm the same way.  I hated when mangini came up with that stupid fast substitution thing where he ran 5 players onto the field and tried to hurry up the snap.  I cringe when a Jet takes a cheap shot out of bounds.

Yep.

Its kind of funny though that somehow Big Sloppy gets away with being a juice head. Something about Boston sports I guess.

They do the same crap with big papi...somehow he's a saint even thought the whole world knows he cheated also.

Goddell has to ensure there is a proper investigation here. He has lost the notion of infallibility he had when he destroyed the Spygate evidence.

You know 10-15 years ago no one questioned the integrity of the league. I did not hear many fans question the preferential treatment given to some teams and their QB's. But now there are quiet a few football fans that are questioning the integrity of the game. It feels like the we are very close to the proverbial last straw where the integrity of the league becomes an huge issue. At the same time the way Spygate was handled it will keep rearing up whenever there is another issue with the Pats.

Add to it  the Saints row and then the domestic violence mis-handling on top of it and right now Goddell is on pretty thin ice. If they try to sweep this under the carpet there might be a huge negative backlash and even the handful few NFL owners who have a special place for Goddell won't be able to save him.

My guess here is, if they league mistakenly tries to sweep this under the carpet it will happen before the Super Bowl but it may backfire big time. What i think is more likely to happen is they will let this investigation drag on till we are well into the offseason when most fans are dialed out before handing out some fines to the Pats.

I'm not saying he's burning the tapes again. I'm saying in this situation there are no tapes. The only evidence was the footballs themselves and if he says they tested them and they were inflated enough it ends there no matter how hard he's lying through his teeth.

more insight as to how this came to light.......

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/how-did-colts-find-out-about-deflate-gate--and-gronk-takes-blame-144407663.html

Tom Brady's second quarter interception to the Indianapolis Colts didn't affect the outcome of the game, but it might end up being very costly after all.

When Colts linebacker D'Qwell Jackson picked off Brady deep in Colts territory during Sunday's AFC championship game, that's when deflate-gate started.

According to New York Newsday and WCVB in Boston, Jackson believed the ball wasn't inflated as much as usual. He told a Colts equipment manager the ball felt under-inflated and gave it to him. The equipment man told Colts coach Chuck Pagano on the sideline. That message was relayed to Colts general manager Ryan Grigson in the press box, who told NFL director of football operations Mike Kensil, Newsday and WCVB said. Kensil told the on-field officials at halftime about the balls. Someone told Bob Kravitz of WTHR in Indianapolis, because he broke the story of the Patriots possibly deflating their game footballs – which would help them throw and catch it better in the rain –and now the NFL is looking into it.

And that's the recipe for the first crazy story leading up to the Super Bowl between the Patriots and the Seattle Seahawks.

“Did not notice, and that’s something for the league to handle," Pagano said, according to Newsday. "It’s not my place to comment on it.”

The game had an odd delay right after the second-half kickoff. The officials threw a ball that had been spotted back to the sideline and replaced it with another ball. CBS' Mike Carey, a former official, speculated during the broadcast that the officials had mistakenly spotted the ball used for kickoffs only, but based on the timeline we now have of how deflate-gate came to light, there was likely more to it than that.

The Patriots have mostly shrugged it off. Coach Bill Belichick said the team will cooperate with the NFL. 

The only evidence was the footballs themselves and if he says they tested them and they were inflated enough it ends there no matter how hard he's lying through his teeth.

I see where you are coming from. But I think we are at a point where a lot many people would call it B.S even if NFL in a remote possibility was speaking the truth.

I see where you are coming from. But I think we are at a point where a lot many people would call it B.S even if NFL in a remote possibility was speaking the truth.

I agree. And unfortunately my response is "So some people call BS. Next topic." People calling BS is not evidence. The footballs are the only evidence, Goodell has them, and they're already not able to re-evaluate anymore. There is no tape, no smoking gun to hide, no key witness to silence. All they had were allegations from Jackson so they put a couple of NE's balls into a bag. It's not any harder for the league to re-inflate them behind closed doors prior to "testing" than it would be for someone on NE's sideline to deflate them.

I agree. And unfortunately my response is "So some people call BS. Next topic." People calling BS is not evidence. The footballs are the only evidence, Goodell has them, and they're already not able to re-evaluate anymore. There is no tape, no smoking gun to hide, no key witness to silence. All they had were allegations from Jackson so they put a couple of NE's balls into a bag. It's not any harder for the league to re-inflate them behind closed doors prior to "testing" than it would be for someone on NE's sideline to deflate them.

can they replicate the humidity and temperature of the game ?  can they prove the valve wasn't tampered with ?  any hanging chads ?  is there a chain of custody ?

can you actually hear him tell sammy to whack him on the tape ?

Mostly agree but there is the remote possibility a rat will surface for their 15 minutes of fame. If the alegations are true,BB couldnt do this alone. He would have had to have co-conspirators and if one become chatty ala Mangini............

Mostly agree but there is the remote possibility a rat will surface for their 15 minutes of fame. If the alegations are true,BB couldnt do this alone. He would have had to have co-conspirators and if one become chatty ala Mangini............

Right. As soon as we hire their chairman of football air pressure he'll roll right over on Billy.

People calling BS is not evidence.

True. But people calling BS are also more likely to get turned off the game and may end up spending their money on something else. With every incident the league's credibility goes down and more and more people end up wondering about the integrity of the game. You never know when the proverbial last straw shows up but that could be pretty close.

The Jets don't cheat though, it's not like there were multiple people within the jets organization who knew or encouraged what Alosi did. It was clear Alosi acted alone without anyone on the Jets' consent. Hard to say the same for the patriots.

cheating is cheating right? If the shoe was on the other foot, i'm almost positive all rival fans would not say different. Even though "spygate" had been addressed by multiple credited sources....of course rival fans act like the patriots murder people.....so

like i said before it's all subjective in the eyes of the fans. You hate a team, then no matter what in your eyes they will always be the worse.

so i just take all this stuff with a grain of salt. If you honestly think other sports teams aren't "cheating" or trying to gain some competitive edge you would honestly be a fool.

major sports is a game of chess not checkers. They care only about their bottom line. Fans matter only in dollar signs. Trust.

Ray Rice and A.Peterson is a prefect example. Nothing was really done until the threat of losing money for the NFL came into play.

cheating is cheating right? If the shoe was on the other foot, i'm almost positive all rival fans would not say different. Even though "spygate" had been addressed by multiple credited sources....of course rival fans act like the patriots murder people.....so

like i said before it's all subjective in the eyes of the fans. You hate a team, then no matter what in your eyes they will always be the worse.

so i just take all this stuff with a grain of salt. If you honestly think other sports teams aren't "cheating" or trying to gain some competitive edge you would honestly be a fool.

major sports is a game of chess not checkers. They care only about their bottom line. Fans matter only in dollar signs. Trust.

Ray Rice and A.Peterson is a prefect example. Nothing was really done until the threat of losing money for the NFL came into play.

"Cheating is ok because (maybe) everybody does it!!"

Is that the narrative?

BTW, some fans of rival teams can actually be objective about things. Try it out. 

True. But people calling BS are also more likely to get turned off the game and may end up spending their money on something else. With every incident the league's credibility goes down and more and more people end up wondering about the integrity of the game. You never know when the proverbial last straw shows up but that could be pretty close.

Folks will continue to be skeptical of the Pats and it doesn't help how secretive they are to begin with. They'll continue to skirt the rules until they're punished...and fines and draft picks really aren't all that sufficient. Unless they went full death penalty for a season...Belichick and the Pats will continue to be shady.

is that what you got from it?

If so, then i'm gonna let you go with that.

smh.

K

K

Clearly you dont comprehend. Just because i made a statement that you'd be surprised what teams actually "cheat" also noticed i put the word "cheat" in quotations...doesn't mean I agree or disagree with anything. as i said plenty of sources have put spygate clearly in its proper perspective, but rival fans will always see diferent. so cool.

also i said stuff like this is all subjective in the eyes of fans as well. But again take what i said the way you like. 

Clearly you dont comprehend. Just because i made a statement that you'd be surprised what teams actually "cheat" also noticed i put the word "cheat" in quotations...doesn't mean I agree or disagree with anything. as i said plenty of sources have put spygate clearly in its proper perspective, but rival fans will always see diferent. so cool.

also i said stuff like this is all subjective in the eyes of fans as well. But again take what i said the way you like. 

Do you know what subjective means? The only fan base that's ok with with the deflated balls is the Pats fan base. The other 31 all think, if true, that it's....get ready for it....Cheating. 

Do you know what subjective means? The only fan base that's ok with with the deflated balls is the Pats fan base. The other 31 all think, if true, that it's....get ready for it....Cheating. 

subjective

• adj.adjective
    1. Dependent on or taking place in a person's mind rather than the external world.

2. Based on a given person's experience, understanding, and feelings; personal or individual.

...........you could go ahead and continue to assume what a whole fan bases feels on this matter as well....as you were!

I call BS.

Archived