Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

Not happening. It's too big of a game and there's too much peripheral $ to do something like that. Too many people paid too much money for tickets, airfare, non-refundable hotel rooms at gouge-rates (3-4 night minimums, too). Any game prior to that, while still unprecedented, is possible.

The SB is its own animal.

There isn't a 1/1000 chance of bumping them from the SB, particularly after such a convincing victory. Bumping them punishes a lot of people who have already shelled out a lot of their money on that upcoming game. 99.9% of the people who would be punished by such a move had nothing to do with it and had no idea it was going on.

It won't happen, but it would be nice if the other teams all banded together to force Goodell to do something truly serious about them that will be felt. Any fine is pointless and painless unless they're fining Belichick some outlandish amount like $15 million (which will also never happen).

I don't know what Goodell will do but I'm optimistic it won't be a $25K fine.

Under any other circumstance I would agree. But being the second time, knowing he messed up with the punishment the first time. I think putting the colts in the SB is a fair punishment. The NFL can prepare for a super bowl in a week. It has done so in the past.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Under any other circumstance I would agree. But being the second time, knowing he messed up with the punishment the first time. I think putting the colts in the SB is a fair punishment. The NFL can prepare for a super bowl in a week. It has done so in the past.

then that wouldn't be fair to the ravens. they should make the ravens battle the colts. a championship game go-over

What's the difference?

The venue, advertisers, and ticketholders were committed long before the two conference champs were determined.

They signed up no matter what teams are playing.

This is untrue. People buy superbowl tickets after the championship game is over. The fact that you can't get them on Ticketmaster doesn't negate this.

Pretend the Jets get to the superbowl someday (do some really hard pretending). Will there be a bunch of Jets fans at the game? I would say yes. Would each of those Jets fans have had those tickets otherwise? I would say no.

Fans buy tickets from online and offline ticket brokers, as packages that come with pregame party events or stand-alone's. Then they have to buy plane tickets. Then they have to book hotel rooms (and you can't just book for the night). Plus other transportation to/from the stadium.

The suggestion that no one who buys superbowl tickets for thousands of dollars per seat is at all influenced by who's in the game is nonsense.

If the NFL has concrete proof (why haven't we seen the results of the Colts balls?) that the Pats were directly responsible for the deflated balls, I wouldn't be surprised that the following would happen: 

Belichick suspended immediatley (including for the Super Bowl) for one year.

Pats to lose multiple draft picks, including at least one 1st rounder.

Kraft to be fined anywhere between $3MM-$5MM.

Concrete proof?  Hell, better be fire proof.

This is untrue. People buy superbowl tickets after the championship game is over. The fact that you can't get them on Ticketmaster doesn't negate this.

Pretend the Jets get to the superbowl someday (do some really hard pretending). Will there be a bunch of Jets fans at the game? I would say yes. Would each of those Jets fans have had those tickets otherwise? I would say no.

Fans buy tickets from online and offline ticket brokers, as packages that come with pregame party events or stand-alone's. Then they have to buy plane tickets. Then they have to book hotel rooms (and you can't just book for the night). Plus other transportation to/from the stadium.

The suggestion that no one who buys superbowl tickets for thousands of dollars per seat is at all influenced by who's in the game is nonsense.

The Patriots refund their fans losses. Problem solved. Totally fair too since they probably should never have made money by being in the AFC Championship game.

I know you're right but I could give a sh*t if the Pats fans are the ones who pay. Hit the franchise where it hurts, their supporters. How many countless other fans have payed over the years for the sh*t this team pulls?

I'm sympathetic to your opinion about their team and their fans. The league isn't asking you, though. It is simply undoable.

No, the point is all teams do it.

Not all teams cheat. 

Whats the point of the officials checking the footballs before the game if the teams are going to tamper with the balls? Why is it that the Patriots are the ones caught and not all the other teams? We heard the same thing about spy gate and how other teams take down the opponents signals, yet no other team was caught. Why is it at half time when the balls where checked again all of Indy's balls were good but the Pats balls were deflated? 

Your team is a powerhouse, Belichick is a coaching genius and Tom Brady is the best pocket passing QB probably ever. Yet with that Robert Kraft (because its ultimately his team) allows such shenanigans? The coach should be suspended for the year and Tom Brady as well because the Coach is the head and the QB took advantage of the circumstance. 

Goodell's public statement:

"After thoroughly inspecting the football's used last weekend by the Patriots and Colts, it was determined that 11 out of 12 balls the Patriots provided were underinflated in accordance with NFL rules.  It was also verified and determined that 11 out of the 12 balls used by the Colts were underinflated as well. 

After discussions with 9 highly renowned, unbiased scientists from the World Meterology Consortium, it has been concluded that the cold, rainy weather was solely responsible for the under-inflated footballs used in that game.

Therefore, the NFL has determined no violations of league rules has ever occured.

Enjoy the great upcomming Super Bowl."

Link ?

It has nothing to do with the NFL preparing. The NFL is not settling up with all the people who made other arrangements as a result of the Pats winning the game. Every SB ticket bought. Every package. Every flight booked. Every hotel booked for the 4 night minimum. The commercial time sold and subject material in them that may pertain to who's in the game. There are so many things that have nothing to do with the game on the field.

It isn't happening.

A championship game would be different. You could change teams in the championship game. It's not 1/100 of the event the superbowl is.

It has nothing to do with the NFL preparing. The NFL is not settling up with all the people who made other arrangements as a result of the Pats winning the game. Every SB ticket bought. Every package. Every flight booked. Every hotel booked for the 4 night minimum. The commercial time sold and subject material in them that may pertain to who's in the game. There are so many things that have nothing to do with the game on the field.

It isn't happening.

A championship game would be different. You could change teams in the championship game. It's not 1/100 of the event the superbowl is.

The tickets were bought from the teams. That is an easy one to refund. The hotels can be backed out of. The airfare I can see as an issue - but it's really the only issue and the Pats fine can be reimbursing its fans. The commercial time can be resold. Not an issue there either. Especially when most is sold far in advance. The NFL licenses the super bowl a year in advance, sometimes farther.

Gerry Austin, longtime referee, says halftime Pats-Colts footballs brought in, checked at half. Colts footballs still legal. Pats were not.

Now we have our explanation for why there was a 5 minute delay before the 1st drive of the 3rd Quarter when the refs got a different ball for the Patriots at their own 20 yard line

Bah. It's only been a few days. They can resell them instantly to Colts fans. There will always be a demand for SB tix no matter who plays.

And don't tell me you never canceled a flight or hotel reservation before. :indifferent0023:

I gotta be honest though....I think it was worth them winning last week - to see the cheaters get caught again...

This is how I feel too. It's great. Watching Pats fans be in complete denial about it is equally entertaining.

Few things will ever beat WickedAnal and TX blaming Deflategate on Jets fans at first. Too funny.

Yeah ok, that'll happen.

Not saying it will happen. Just saying it's not that impossible to do. Goodell will probably destroy the balls and release a presser that says the Patriots have earned the benefit of the doubt. lol

Goodell's public statement:

"After thoroughly inspecting the football's used last weekend by the Patriots and Colts, it was determined that 11 out of 12 balls the Patriots provided were underinflated in accordance with NFL rules.  It was also verified and determined that 11 out of the 12 balls used by the Colts were underinflated as well. 

After discussions with 9 highly renowned, unbiased scientists from the World Meterology Consortium, it has been concluded that the cold, rainy weather was solely responsible for the under-inflated footballs used in that game.

Therefore, the NFL has determined no violations of league rules has ever occured.

Enjoy the great upcomming Super Bowl."

you know if this actually happens, you are DEAD MEAT.  lol

Archived