Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whenever I hear the argument that it is not as bad as it could have been, because NE blew out the IND in the AFC Championship Game my stomach turns.  This is exactly why!  If they were guilty of it during the Indy game, it almost has to be assumed that this was not the first time they pulled this stunt, and did it affect the very close margin of a comeback victory against Baltimore?  I am not suggesting that it definitely did, but NO ONE can definitively say that it didn't.

Whenever I hear the argument that it is not as bad as it could have been, because NE blew out the IND in the AFC Championship Game my stomach turns.  This is exactly why!  If they were guilty of it during the Indy game, it almost has to be assumed that this was not the first time they pulled this stunt, and did it affect the very close margin of a comeback victory against Baltimore?  I am not suggesting that it definitely did, but NO ONE can definitively say that it didn't.

Look at Brady's record in awful weather conditions, you are smart enough to surmise they have been doing it his whole career

Look at Brady's record in awful weather conditions, you are smart enough to surmise they have been doing it his whole career

I have no doubt....  My guess is it started right after "The Tuck Rule Game" in the snow to beat Oakland.  When "Mr. Dainty Hands" Brady couldn't hold onto the cold, wet ball and the referees saved his ass with a fabricated rule!

Bah yourself.

Now it's the ticket purchasers' responsibility to become ticket resellers? What if they can't get the same amount back because a Colts superbowl draws lower demand (which is probably true anyway)?

Of course I've canceled flights and hotels before. Most flights are non-refundable, though, because few want to pay the premium for a refundable one. Also, ask anyone who's been to a superbowl about how non-refundable hotels near the stadium are. They get jacked up and you can't cancel with many or most hotels. Particularly smaller ones who, unlike chains, can't afford to refund people for an event like this.

This is not a normal weekend getaway in off-peak season.

I just called six hotels in Glendale/Phoenix area.

Renaissance Phoenix, Embassy Suites, Thunderbird Exec Inn, Crowne Plaza, Residence Inn Sports & Ent, Holiday Inn Express & Suites and they were all fully booked for SB weekend MONTHS ago.

Rooms were booked by fans who had no idea what teams were playing. They committed just to be there. Like I said.

May e Brady needs to "learn the rulebook"

Stupid douchebag is probably crying while Giselle tells him to man up.

Ya what Karma after Cindy told Harbaugh to Learn Rulebook.  really hoping Bellie is banished for a year and Brady is also culpable and deserves to be suspended as well.

If it didn't help the Pats, they would not have done it. Very simple. Its no a coincidence that 11 out of 12 balls failed to meet the minimum standards.

Nothing is going to happen to the Pats guys.  That big $35,000 fine on Belichick that Goodell is going to have that press conference for is not even a wristslap for him.

Our only hope is the Seahawks and Lynch punch this thug-crew in the mouth.

Goodell cannot and will not slap a silly fine. It will be draftpicks and possibly suspensions

Nothing is going to happen to the Pats guys.  That big $35,000 fine on Belichick that Goodell is going to have that press conference for is not even a wristslap for him.

Our only hope is the Seahawks and Lynch punch this thug-crew in the mouth.

I heard on ESPN today several former players, all very pissed and vocal.

There is no doubt in my mind this is a tainted legacy.

Some called for a year suspension of BB, loss of a 1st round pick, etc.

Pressure will be on Goodell to do something.

Goodell cannot and will not slap a silly fine. It will be draftpicks and possibly suspensions

I cannot imagine the circus that will be leading up to the SB if BB is allowed to participate.  There will be absolutely no media interest in actually covering the game.

I heard on ESPN today several former players, all very pissed and vocal.

There is no doubt in my mind this is a tainted legacy.

Some called for a year suspension of BB, loss of a 1st round pick, etc.

Pressure will be on Goodell to do something.

That's all talk and nobody cares about the Pats tainted legacy.  Goodell is going to fine the Pats but $20k isn't even a speeding ticket to them.  I don't think they are losing a 1st round pick.

We could have beaten the Pats and made the playoffs this year but John Idzik wanted to focus on D'Mitri Patterson and Jacoby Ford instead of Darrelle Revis and Desean Jackson.

Expect the damage control to start tomorrow morning. By the time it all said and done the Pats will be saints and the colts will lose two draft picks.

The media is already s*cking Belichick's c*ck calling him an evil genius.  This whole thing is a joke the Pats can do whatever they want and nobody cares especially that clown commissioner who's more worried with getting an expansion team into Paris.

Thank you so much.... This is the hidden meaning behind everything on the table...

NO WAY DID THE PATS CHEAT AGAINST THE COLTS BUT PLAYED IT FAIR AND SQUARE AGAINST THE RAVENS!!!

NO WAY!!!!

Period!!!

I remember Pats fans swaying sanctimoniously that Spygate was an isolated incident and the Pats were not guilty of SYSTEMIC cheating....

But guess what the PATS have been cheating since the beginning of their run right up to the last GAME!!

They are a disgrace to the men and women who work, play and perform in the organization known as the NFL!!

Good Grief!!

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/21/john-madden-blame-tom-brady-for-deflated-footballs/

John Madden: Blame Tom Brady for deflated footballs

The week began with Patriots quarterback Tom Bradylaughing off the suggestion that the team had deflated footballs used on Sunday against the Colts.  When Brady, who said in 2011 that he likes deflated footballs, meets with the media on Friday, he probably won’t be doing much laughing.

He’ll be reacting to a bunch of questions about the situation, and he may specifically be faced with a pointed question regarding the opinions of Hall of Fame coach John Madden.

“That would have to be driven by the quarterback,” Madden told The Sports Xchange on Wednesday.  “That’s something that wouldn’t be driven by a coach or just the equipment guy.  Nobody, not even the head coach, would do anything to a football unilaterally, such as adjust the amount of pressure in a ball, without the quarterback not knowing.  It would have to be the quarterback’s idea.”

Madden’s position makes a lot of sense.  Quarterbacks are particular about their footballs.  Anybody doing anything to the footballs without the quarterback’s knowledge or consent would be asking for a tongue lashing.  In Brady’s case, his tongue wouldn’t be needed to formulate the various “F” words that would be hurled at he who messes with the quarterback’s primary tool.

“He is the effected,” Madden said.  “He is the only guy.  I heard some of the pundits saying the ball is easier to catch, but that would never, ever, ever be done for that unless the quarterback wanted it.  You wouldn’t do something for a receiver to catch the ball if the quarterback couldn’t throw it.  So it’s going to be done for the quarterback.”

Madden’s compelling, commonsensical take will make the potential conclusion that a ball boy went rogue ring hollow.  The ball boy would be going rogue not only against the rules but also against the wishes of the quarterback.  So if anyone connected to the Patriots was taking air out of the footballs, Madden’s explanation makes it clear that the quarterback either knew about it and did nothing to stop it — or deliberately requested it.

Now here’s the part where hundreds of Patriots and Raiders fans argue in the comments regarding whether Madden’s remarks were motivated by the tuck rule.

Congrats on 2 more moral victories over the Pats.

If moral victories were the Super Bowl, the Jets would be a dynasty.

I'm not saying the Jets were some playoff team, but your whole Brady/Belichik era is tainted and you know it. Any close win is up for debate. You're the New England A-Rods (I used him because Big Papi is a lovable hugable juice head apparently).

Right. And none of the Colts' balls were bad.

INSANE!!

One Pat's fan came on the radio last night and said that he and his friend played with a football and it lost 2 pounds.. So that "explains" what happened and that this is witch hunt against the Pats!

It is just Pathetic.......

INSANE!!

One Pat's fan came on the radio last night and said that he and his friend played with a football and it lost 2 pounds.. So that "explains" what happened and that this is witch hunt against the Pats!

It is just Pathetic.......

That's happened to me actually. But it was the ball that was in the garage for 3-5 years and clearly had a leak after about 10 minutes. I feel like the billion dollar NFL can afford new equipment. 

According to Jay Glazer of FOX Sports, the NFL already had planned to check the footballs at halftime, based on concerns previously raised by the Colts.  It’s unclear whether the Colts noticed that the balls were deflated during the November 16 regular-season game between the two teams or whether the Ravens (as Glazer suggested) shared the information with the franchise that used to be in Baltimore.  Regardless, the pressure gauges were going to be inserted into the balls regardless of whether Jackson or any other Colts player had gotten his hands on one of the Patriots’ 12 footballs.

Meanwhile, former NFL official Gerry Austin said on ESPN (via Bart Hubbuch of the New York Post) that all 12 of the Colts’ footballs were properly inflated when checked at halftime and that the one out of 12 New England balls that was not two pounds under minimum was still underinflated.

If the NFL was already onto the cheating, why didn't they have a punishment in place if they knew they might find what they were looking for? 

It's Wednesday and they're still piss-fartin around with the physical evidence.

Where is Irsay? 

If the NFL was already onto the cheating, why didn't they have a punishment in place if they knew they might find what they were looking for? 

It's Wednesday and they're still piss-fartin around with the physical evidence.

Where is Irsay? 

Smoking Meth off a hooker's ass. 

Archived