Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

I've read a couple of articles like this and it appears that most think Belichick should be fined, lose draft picks and be suspended from the Super Bowl Game because it's his second offense.  Article also suggests that Brady receives penalties.   They should suspend both right now until the investigation is over.  The reason being,  there's no doubt these balls were tampered with after the referees checked the weights before the game.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/21/if-guilty-belichick-must-be-suspended-for-super-bowl/

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've read a couple of articles like this and it appears that most think Belichick should be fined, lose draft picks and be suspended from the Super Bowl Game because it's his second offense.  Article also suggests that Brady receives penalties.   They should suspend both right now until the investigation is over.  The reason being,  there's no doubt these balls were tampered with after the referees checked the weights before the game.

http://nypost.com/2015/01/21/if-guilty-belichick-must-be-suspended-for-super-bowl/

I agree. I wish NE was disqualified first thing Monday morning. That would've been the ultimate ending, especially if BB and Brady never reach another SB together. 

But the league is moving so slowly it doesn't look like anything drastic will happen in two weeks..

IMO, if the Pats win the SB any penalty issued afterwards will be inadequate cause cheating will have already served its intended purpose.

I've read a couple of articles like this and it appears that most think Belichick should be fined, lose draft picks and be suspended from the Super Bowl Game because it's his second offense. Article also suggests that Brady receives penalties. They should suspend both right now until the investigation is over. The reason being, there's no doubt these balls were tampered with after the referees checked the weights before the game.

I like how that article at least mentioned Brady. In all of this, it seems no one is gutsy enough to implicate him. He obviously was aware of it, and may have even requested it.

He won't rat out his coach, but I'm sure if anyone knows the extent of the rule skirting in NE its Brady. He loves how his helmet's headset doesn't turn off during home games.

I agree. I wish NE was disqualified first thing Monday morning. That would've been the ultimate ending, especially if BB and Brady never reach another SB together. 

But the league is moving so slowly it doesn't look like anything drastic will happen in two weeks..

IMO, if the Pats win the SB any penalty issued afterwards will be inadequate cause cheating will have already served its intended purpose.

I belong to the Bills Mafia on FB and there's a petition requesting signatures to have BB and Brady suspended for the game.   The longer this goes on without resolution,  the more suspicious it gets. Goodell already has mud on his face as a result of t he R. Rice situation.  His  lackadaisical attitude in this matter does not bode well for him.  Maybe he needs to go too.

I like how that article at least mentioned Brady. In all of this, it seems no one is gutsy enough to implicate him. He obviously was aware of it, and may have even requested it.

He won't rat out his coach, but I'm sure if anyone knows the extent of the rule skirting in NE its Brady. He loves how his helmet's headset doesn't turn off during home games.

Yes,  I was happy to hear his name mentioned too.  There's a few more people that  should be called on the carpet and that's the referees who handled the balls.  If they didn't know these balls were deflated,  they're in the wrong profession.  Since the refs check the balls before they distribute to the teams,  I can't overlook the fact that they may have been involved too.

then why do it? Can BB see the future and KNOW the Pats would beat Indy handily? NO!!! They did it for a competitive advantage. Brady was probably having a hard time throwing the ball in pregame practice so they did it. AGAINST the rules, which Belicheat could not care less about. I am sooooooo glad he turned down HC of the NYJ, because he is a piece of sh*t.

Did you see Luck play?

There's no way that the NFL does anything that would publicly impact the play of the Super Bowl - which suspending a HC for the game would do.  Any punishment will be off-season and next-year related.

Were talking Goodell here and Belichick was on parole.

Rule 17 states that the NFL can take away the win or have the game replayed. Those are the nuclear options so suspension seems right in the middle to me.

Not playing the victim.

The Pats broke the rules. You think the NFL wants them to win next Sunday?

Or one could say that the NFL does want the Pats to win to then show that they deserved to be there and didn't need to cheat. I think the NFL would like that better than the Pats getting spanked and people saying that they didn't need to be there  in the first place .  

At first, I really thought this would just amount to a fine. Now, I can see how big the story has gotten nationally, and with the pats history of cheating , believe we could really see stronger penalties. Very interested in how goodell handles, he better reach out for some advice. His most recent decisions have not been good ones, and he is hanging by a thread. I think the other nfl owners will play heavily into this.

Please post the article along with the link, thanks.

Were talking Goodell here and Belichick was on parole.

Rule 17 states that the NFL can take away the win or have the game replayed. Those are the nuclear options so suspension seems right in the middle to me.

There is no way the win gets taken away or he gets suspended. Goodell does not have the spine for it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/did-ravens-tip-off-colts-about-patriots-deflating-balls--021046443.html

Some more proof of a continuous pattern of cheating.

The latest twist in deflate-gate might give you a hint that the rest of the NFL isn't too fond of the New England Patriots.

According to Jay Glazer of Fox Sports, the Indianapolis Colts were tipped off by the Baltimore Ravens before the AFC championship game about the Patriots possibly altering the air pressure in their footballs. The Ravens lost to the Patriots in a divisional playoff game the week before.

Two things stand out about that report: If true, the Ravens were obviously pretty angry to tip off the Patriots' next opponent, and this would mean it's more than a one-game situation in New England. Unless it's a crazy coincidence that the Ravens assumed the Patriots' game balls were under-inflated when they weren't, told the Colts their hunch, and the championship game happened to be the game in which 11 of the 12 Patriots' game balls were flatter than usual. Of the Patriots' 12 game balls, 11 each had two pounds per square inch less than NFL rules stipulate, as ESPN reported Tuesday.

Glazer's story said the officials were planning to inspect the balls at halftime, based on the Ravens' tip. It was reported by other outlets that the Colts noticed the issue when linebacker D'Qwell Jackson caught an interception in the second quarter. It could be both.

There was another story, from ESPN's Adam Schefter, that the Colts thought the Patriots had also under-inflated footballs during a regular-season meeting on Nov. 16. According to Schefter, Colts safety Mike Adams had two interceptions, and gave both balls to the Colts' equipment manager to save. Both times, sources told Schefter, there were concerns the balls were under-inflated.

All three things could be independently true. The Colts could have noticed the issue on Nov. 16. The Ravens could have noticed it during their playoff loss and told the Colts. And Jackson could have noticed it too on Sunday, even before the officials got a chance to inspect the balls at halftime (that part of the story makes it even stranger that the officials didn't do anything in the first half, constantly handling the footballs that were reportedly 16 percent or so flatter than league rules allow).

And if all the reports are accurate, and the Ravens noticed it, and the Colts noticed it in two separate games, who else in the NFL noticed it during the season?

Perfect example of how ridiculous this this thread is.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-cant-wait-to-hear-patriots-fans-excuses-thi,37819/

Nation Can’t Wait To Hear Patriots Fans’ Excuses This Time

WASHINGTON—After an NFL investigation revealed that 11 of New England’s 12 game balls were under-inflated during last weekend’s AFC Championship Game, Americans across the nation announced Wednesday that they would love—absolutely love—to hear the excuses from Patriots fans this time. “No, no, by all means, go ahead,” said every single person living outside of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, and Connecticut before reportedly smiling and adding, “I’m all ears.” “Wait, let me guess: The deflated footballs were also easier to catch for the Colts defense, so the Patriots didn’t have a real advantage, right? Or is it that the score was so lopsided that it didn’t matter in the end? No, seriously, I’m sure you guys have something really great cooked up for this one.” The American populace went on to say that they also absolutely cannot wait to hear how this new scandal will have no effect on the legacy of Tom Brady.

Bottom Line: Pats are ruining game and  all their Ws are now tainted, ALL OF THEM!!!! Brady has probably been using 'easier to throw' deflated balls his whole damn career.

IMHO NFL should make Pats record 0-16 every years since Belichick has been Coach and vacate all Champioships. The non-Pats fans have mentally done that , why not the league?

Who needs a refund? You missed the original point. Fans committed to going before they knew which teams were playing because they don't care.

You're the only one that claims fans will get ripped off if they change a team after the CCG weekend, which in this case would be Pats fans who deserve it cause their team cheated.

Yeah ok. Heavily-paying fans deserve financial loss because Brady and Belichick are cheaters.

I have no love for the Patriots or their fans but that is not an adult way of looking at things. You don't effectively confiscate someone's property, by altering its value, and say, "Meh, f*ck 'em. I don't like them anyway," as justification.

And that is why it won't happen.

The only chance of the league bumping NE came and ended during halftime, before the game was over. It would have been the perfect time. Make an announcement that (in what was still a 10-point game) the Patriots were caught cheating and they therefore forfeit. Baltimore still gets screwed, but it's better than what they did during the game, which was to not so much as penalize them in any way.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nation-cant-wait-to-hear-patriots-fans-excuses-thi,37819/

Nation Can’t Wait To Hear Patriots Fans’ Excuses This Time

WASHINGTON—After an NFL investigation revealed that 11 of New England’s 12 game balls were under-inflated during last weekend’s AFC Championship Game, Americans across the nation announced Wednesday that they would love—absolutely love—to hear the excuses from Patriots fans this time. “No, no, by all means, go ahead,” said every single person living outside of Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, and Connecticut before reportedly smiling and adding, “I’m all ears.” “Wait, let me guess: The deflated footballs were also easier to catch for the Colts defense, so the Patriots didn’t have a real advantage, right? Or is it that the score was so lopsided that it didn’t matter in the end? No, seriously, I’m sure you guys have something really great cooked up for this one.” The American populace went on to say that they also absolutely cannot wait to hear how this new scandal will have no effect on the legacy of Tom Brady.

Pats had nothing to do with this, scientific evidence proves that weather conditions reduce PSI:

The chair of Boston College’s physics department is backing up claims that cold weather could be the reason that some of the footballs used on the field Sunday evening during the New England Patriots’ 45-7 drubbing of the Indianapolis Colts may have been deflated.

"Cold temperature will make a difference, it will lower the pressure," said BC physics professor Michael J. Naughton.

"Today a report came out with, unfortunately, an insufficient amount useful information," Naughton said. "If 11 of 12 footballs were deflated by two pounds, that is totally within the realm of the numbers that you would get in the equation. Weather will certainly deflate the footballs by a pound or two - but it all depends on the details."

Pats had nothing to do with this, scientific evidence proves that weather conditions reduce PSI:

The chair of Boston College’s physics department is backing up claims that cold weather could be the reason that some of the footballs used on the field Sunday evening during the New England Patriots’ 45-7 drubbing of the Indianapolis Colts may have been deflated.

"Cold temperature will make a difference, it will lower the pressure," said BC physics professor Michael J. Naughton.

"Today a report came out with, unfortunately, an insufficient amount useful information," Naughton said. "If 11 of 12 footballs were deflated by two pounds, that is totally within the realm of the numbers that you would get in the equation. Weather will certainly deflate the footballs by a pound or two - but it all depends on the details."

Yet all Colts balls met specs......LMAO

The press is turning on NE.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/01/21/how-the-new-england-patriots-became-the-nfls-least-trusted-team/

"No team in the NFL is given less benefit of the doubt than the New England Patriots. Retired players still fume over long-past Super Bowls they claim the Patriots won through acts of duplicity. Football stalwarts dream up nicknames for coach Bill Belichick, who will soon lead the Patriots into another Super Bowl — “Belicheat,” Don Shula calls him. And big time columnists continue to plunk down voluminous dispatches that enumerate the Patriots’ many alleged transgressions.

These are the New England Patriots: the NFL’s least-trusted team.

It now appears that designation is more warranted than ever. On Tuesday night, ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, long the NFL’s go-to writer for scoops,reported the NFL determined that 11 of the 12 balls the Patriots used during Sunday’s beat down of the Indianapolis Colts were suspiciously deflated, raising questions as to how that happened and whether the Patriots had an unfair competitive advantage.

One individual told Mortensen that the league, which spent a good amount of Tuesday looking into the matter, was “disappointed … angry … distraught.”

A retired Pats player said he'd be surprised if Belly didn't know about considering he has his hand in everything including ruining the field on propose so they know what cleats to wear and were use to it. Said he'd do anything to give them even the slightest advantage.

Mort and ESPN reporting after Refs found 11/12 balls under inflated at halftime, they were re-inflated BUT Pats took them out of play and used 12 other balls they had on field, ANOTHER violation of rules as these 12 other balls were never inspected by officials.

Yet all Colts balls met specs......LMAO

Yeah.... TX was joking and it was actually funny.... which is more than I can say for everyone. 

Mort and ESPN reporting after Refs found 11/12 balls under inflated at halftime, they were re-inflated BUT Pats took them out of play and used 12 other balls they had on field, ANOTHER violation of rules as these 12 other balls were never inspected by officials.

O man, is there a link to this?

Archived