indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeflateGate: Adam Schefter Reports NFL Struggling to Find Evidence

By Rich Hill  @PP_Rich_Hill on Jan 22 2015, 11:44a 26 

usa-today-8341595.0.jpg
Stew Milne-USA TODAY Sports

ESPN's top reporter is saying that the NFL is having a difficult time finding evidence that the Patriots tampered with the footballs.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is on television reporting some important information regarding DeflateGate.

Per Schefter, the league might be able to release their findings at some point today. He also says that the NFL is sturggling to collect any evidence that the Patriots knowingly affected the football, and that the burden of proof lies with the league to determine guilt. If the league cannot find evidence that the Patriots tampered with the football, then there's nothing that should happen to New England.

It's likely that any league information will wait until after Tom Brady's 4 PM press conference, but early leaks are entirely possible.

This would absolutely be the best case scenario for the Patriots and it would allow everyone to move on and start discussing the Super Bowl that's expected to happen the first week of February.

We'll try to provide footage of Schefter's discussion and if you have video, please post it in the comments section.

But with Saints case, it was you were warned, someone did it in organization and Head Coach pays for it.. if Colts balls were deflated maybe Pats skate free, but with just Pats balls deflated NFL doesnt need smoking gun. Someone did it and the team (Belly/Kraft) has to pay. 

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/deflategate-baltimore-ravens-indianapolis-colts-deflated-footballs-012115

To me this is bad. It's one thing if it just one game, but if there was a pattern and the Ravens knew, how many other teams come forth and what should the punishment be if its a consist thing these guys do. 

Trouble is, the Colts reported previously too. Apparently the league chose not to investigate it much. I smell a rat.

if sean payton weas given the "there is no excuse for ignorance" justification for his punishment, and kraft gets "we could not find any evidence" frat brother get out of jail free card, they will be making a huge mistake and completely misjudging the fans mood

so in other words, bet on it

Depose the patriots Ballboy and put the right lawyer (JGBs) in the room to depose him. Fear of God, 'You are going to jail already son, the question is 'how long', only your cooperation can alter that"

Kind of like Jack Bauer.  "You're gonna tell me what I want, it's just a question of how much pain you can endure first."

DeflateGate: Adam Schefter Reports NFL Struggling to Find Evidence

By Rich Hill  @PP_Rich_Hill on Jan 22 2015, 11:44a 26 

usa-today-8341595.0.jpg
Stew Milne-USA TODAY Sports

ESPN's top reporter is saying that the NFL is having a difficult time finding evidence that the Patriots tampered with the footballs.

ESPN's Adam Schefter is on television reporting some important information regarding DeflateGate.

Per Schefter, the league might be able to release their findings at some point today. He also says that the NFL is sturggling to collect any evidence that the Patriots knowingly affected the football, and that the burden of proof lies with the league to determine guilt. If the league cannot find evidence that the Patriots tampered with the football, then there's nothing that should happen to New England.

It's likely that any league information will wait until after Tom Brady's 4 PM press conference, but early leaks are entirely possible.

This would absolutely be the best case scenario for the Patriots and it would allow everyone to move on and start discussing the Super Bowl that's expected to happen the first week of February.

We'll try to provide footage of Schefter's discussion and if you have video, please post it in the comments section.

Amazing.  What this seems to mean is that short of actual video footage of Brady or Belicheat letting the air out of the ball nothing is going to happen.  Rog is going to do Kraft a solid yet again.

When Judges charge juries, they often use the example of a night time snow storm to explain what circumstantial evidence is.  When you wake up in the morning and there is snow on the ground, you can logically conclude that it snowed overnight, even though you didn't see it actually snowing while you were sleeping.  Why is this any different?  Only the Pats had access to those balls.  The Colts' balls were fine.  I am so sick of Goodell and his protecting the Patriots.

Amazing.  What this seems to mean is that short of actual video footage of Brady or Belicheat letting the air out of the ball nothing is going to happen.  Rog is going to do Kraft a solid yet again.

When Judges charge juries, they often use the example of a night time snow storm to explain what circumstantial evidence is.  When you wake up in the morning and there is snow on the ground, you can logically conclude that it snowed overnight, even though you didn't see it actually snowing while you were sleeping.  Why is this any different?  Only the Pats had access to those balls.  The Colts' balls were fine.  I am so sick of Goodell and his protecting the Patriots.

And will be laughed at by all the other comissioners and fans, especially after the Rice scandal went awry.

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/newengland/football/patriots/2014/09/10/robert-krafts-longstanding-friendship-with-roger-goodell-could-be-tested/

this was written in september.  goodell considers krafty a mentor and his biggest supporter

hile the future of the embattled NFL commissioner is in doubt, over the years there’s no question as to where he’s stood with Patriots ownership.

Since Roger Goodell first assumed the job in August 2006, he’s always had a staunch ally in Patriots owner Robert Kraft. In the days after Goodell took the position, Kraft called Goodell’s ascension from NFL intern to commissioner “pretty special.”

“He is ready for this job,” Kraft told USA Today. “It’s nice to know, you give 25 years to an organization, you’re trained hard, you work hard and you wake up in the middle of the night worrying about things, and your dream comes true, sort of like me buying the Patriots. Roger becoming commissioner is pretty special

Despite the fact that Goodell popped Bill Belichick with a $500,000 fine and the Patriots $250,000 and a draft pick in the wake of the Spygate scandal just over a year later, Kraft and Goodell have never publicly been at odds. In fact, according to some accounts, with a possible labor stoppage looming, Kraft was one of the driving forces in awarding Goodell a new contract after four years on the job.

“We’re going into a major negotiation. It will be very difficult probably in many ways and we want to have someone who has his own views, who’s going to have to make some hard decisions that maybe some of us won’t like,”Kraft told The Associated Press in a 2010 telephone interview.

“But in the end, I think we’re confident that he and his team will do what’s for the best long-term interest of the league,” added the Patriots owner. “Having stability in our management team is critical.”

The nice words have been returned in kind on several occasions over the last few years. In a joint appearance at UMass-Lowell commencement in 2010 when the commissioner received an honorary degree, Goodell was effusive in his praise of Kraft.

“Robert Kraft has given this area and this region a lot to cheer for,” Goodell said, while adding he considered Kraft a “friend and mentor.”

That relationship has strengthened over the years, particularly in the role that Kraft had in helping end the 2011 lockout.

“I think we really lucked out with him as commissioner,” Kraft told ESPN in 2013. “I think Roger, once he assumed this position, really runs the NFL like he owns it and thinks like an owner.”

Indeed, the two have been in lockstep on almost every major issue that has faced the NFL during Goodell’s tenure, from labor relations to an ugly work stoppage with the referees to league expansion to Bountygate to apotential 18-game season to NFL drug policy. As he has grown to become one of the most powerful men in professional sports, Kraft has always acted in partnership with Goodell. And the commissioner has always enjoyed the support of the Patriots franchise. While others have occasionally broken ranks with the commissioner on a handful of topics, Kraft — and, by extension, the franchise — has been there with him every step of the way.

That’s why it wasn’t a surprise to hear Kraft publicly back Goodell on Monday when he was asked about his handling of the Ray Rice case.

“It’s really unfortunate and I know our commissioner has taken some heat. I just want to say that I spoke with him yesterday when this came out, not knowing what was going to happen and knowing I was coming in here, and he didn’t, he had no knowledge of this video,” Kraft told CBS.

“The way he’s handled this situation himself, coming out with the mea culpa in his statement a couple of weeks ago, or 10 days ago, and setting a very clear policy how we conduct ourselves in the NFL, I thought was excellent. Anyone who’s second-guessing that doesn’t know him.”

Going forward, regardless of whether Goodell had seen the video or not, it’s certainly fair to speculate as to whether or not Goodell will still be able to view Kraft as an ally — particularly if it’s discovered that the commissioner or anyone else in the league office knew the second Rice video existed and then let the New England owner go on television and make those statements. (For the record, the NFL constitution requires a vote of three-quarters of owners — 24 of the 32 — to terminate the contract of a commissioner.)

At the very least, it’s reasonable to think that the bond that has been forged between the two men will be tested going forward. Ultimately, how the rest of this sordid tale plays out figures to impact the entire NFL power structure, including the once-healthy dynamic between an embattled commissioner and one of his strongest supporters.

The problem is that the Pats can proclaim ignorance, and just fire the equipment guy.

And the rest of the country will be pissed at Goodell.

If he doesn't punish, no one can take him seriously any more.

People don't take him seriously now, but all will be forgotten shortly.

I think we all knew that this was where it was ultimately going to end up.  

I gotta admit, deflategate has been more entertaining than the Pats/Colts game. 

I can't wait to see the questions posed to Beli and Brady next week. Maybe Goodell knows a way, but I simply can't see how he's going to have this go away. Teams and players current and retired have personal feelings towards this team and in particular the coach and QB. 

If Goodell tries to sweep this one under the rug especially with how strict the NFL was on the Saints, all I will have to say is "someone please pass the popcorn". 

And will be laughed at by all the other comissioners and fans, especially after the Rice scandal went awry.

I don't think he gives a crap about whether he is laughed at.  I think he is calculating whether if he does nothing he has enough support (from Kraft and others) to weather the storm and come out of it with his job. 

Can Goodell really be balsy enough to cover this up again ? Wow I guess I'm an idiot I was convinced he was gonna come down on them....this is clearly a leak to Shefter to prepare the public for " not guilty " tomorrow ...smfh

But now, even if the Pats win the Super Bowl, it's tainted. Not directly by the act but by the personality and actions of that organization.

If Belichick and Brady were good people at heart and winning it would be so much easier to root for them, even as a Jets fan. Unfortunately they are both assholes with, pardon the pun, inflated egos. 

That's their legacy. Assholes with inflated egos.

I don't think he gives a crap about whether he is laughed at.  I think he is calculating whether if he does nothing he has enough support (from Kraft and others) to weather the storm and come out of it with his job. 

Combined with the Ray Rice scandal, who knows? Francessa said that the other owners might turn to Goodell and/or Kraft and say "Enough of this. We don't want to be a laughingstock."

This why I kept telling everyone, nobody will be suspended. Do you really think the NFL gives a sh*t? It's nothing but money and the Superbowl is the cash cow.

So basically what you are saying is that the NFL has become so powerful that it is essentially the Wild Wild West. Anything goes and it doesn't matter.

The problem is that the Pats can proclaim ignorance, and just fire the equipment guy. 

And the rest of the country will be pissed at Goodell.

If he doesn't punish, no one can take him seriously any more.

How can Goodell punish without any evidence whatsoever?

All he has is some whiny complaint from a team who got blown out in the AFCCG.

Hell, the league has far more evidence with Woody tampering with the Pats than they do on Deflategate.

There will be no punishment whatsoever if the league does not have any concrete evidence.

Pats win again.

At the end of the day, I think Seattle's going to win anyway. Russell Wilson just played the worst game in his career and they won.

The Pats will have trouble stopping Lynch, they had problems with Forsett and Herron (until they were so far ahead, the run was given up)

The way to defend Gronk is to undercut the throws to him. I saw the Jets do this with good success.

Hell, the league has far more evidence with Woody tampering with the Pats than they do on Deflategate.

There will be no punishment whatsoever if the league does not have any concrete evidence.

Pats win again.

even bevis and butthead would consider the 11 balls evidence

and

ut here's the hitch: Even if the Patriots beat the Seahawks 60-0 in Super Bowl XLIX, the win will be declared a tainted one by many. The noise will continue, and the chants of "Beli-cheat" will endure.

The coach probably won't care, but it's not just his legacy that will be stained. His players also are saddled with the perception that something far more unseemly than their preparation and sacrifice were the reasons for their success.

And that's the most deflating reality of all.

that's from long time jets fan jackie macmullen

Pats win again.

And in the media and in public, he will look like a fool who can't even police his jurisdiction.

Combined with the Ray Rice scandal, he will look like a Keystone Kop even more. So as I said earlier it's eiither going to be a Pats punishment or a public laughingstock. Choose Mr. Goodell.

Archived