Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah ok. Heavily-paying fans deserve financial loss because Brady and Belichick are cheaters.

I have no love for the Patriots or their fans but that is not an adult way of looking at things. You don't effectively confiscate someone's property, by altering its value, and say, "Meh, f*ck 'em. I don't like them anyway," as justification.

And that is why it won't happen.

The only chance of the league bumping NE came and ended during halftime, before the game was over. It would have been the perfect time. Make an announcement that (in what was still a 10-point game) the Patriots were caught cheating and they therefore forfeit. Baltimore still gets screwed, but it's better than what they did during the game, which was to not so much as penalize them in any way.

The "solution" you give in your last paragraph contradicts what you wrote before it.

Doesn't canceling the game at halftime gyp fans who bought AFCCG tix and made travel arrangements? Same thing.

Where do you get it from that it's a tiny percentage?

In addition to the tickets themselves, there is a lot of $ that changes hands once the teams are known, and those people can't necessarily be made whole. You can believe otherwise, or believe that it doesn't matter because they're only Patriots fans or whatever.

Your solution is unrealistic and borne out of spite. I'm sympathetic to it but it would never happen. The time to do that was halftime.

1. Where do I get "tiny percentage"? It's a fact the vast majority booked SB plans a long time ago. When I called six major hotels yesterday they told me they were sold out many months ago. They searched their databases for vacancies within 20 miles and found nothing. They offered to search farther out and I said don't bother since I was yanking their chains for nothing. 

2. I would've been happy with a halftime forfeit but I think that's LESS realistic because it doesn't allow for a complete investigation and it f-cks over advertisers who paid big bucks for ad space during the game. My solution isn't spiteful, it's fair and due punishment for violating the rules. Apparently, the way this is dragging out, even my post-game solution would've been too soon.  

They will do anything and everything to protect the Pats.

I think its sad. The overwhelming majority of the country thinks they are cheaters and the league refuses to punish them for it. http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=4674920

Yet they threaten to suspend Marshawn Lynch if he wears unapproved shoes. Goodell's NFL is a ******* joke. 

I think its sad. The overwhelming majority of the country thinks they are cheaters and the league refuses to punish them for it. http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=4674920

Yet they threaten to suspend Marshawn Lynch if he wears unapproved shoes. Goodell's NFL is a ******* joke. 

That's the point. It's either Bob Kraft or the rest of the country. Goodell would be nuts to choose one guy over a nation.

They will do anything and everything to protect the Pats.

I think its sad. The overwhelming majority of the country thinks they are cheaters and the league refuses to punish them for it. http://espn.go.com/espn/fp/flashPollResultsState?sportIndex=sportsnation&pollId=4674920

The NFL is a joke. Amazing.

Damage the integrity of the sport? Cool. Swept under the rug.

Wear gold shoes? Suspension!

Although here's a thought. 

Brady admits it and is suspended for the game

Garappolo goes out and wins the Super Bowl. Belichick is praised like Urban Meyer was for winning a SB with a rookie QB.. 

Stop smoking crack. The only person in the NFL more arrogant than Belichick is Tom Brady. 

Not with the Ray Rice and Sean Payton thing on his neck as well. Easier to do it if the boards are clear.

They won't find a smoking gun this time though. They're going to find a way to excuse this. They don't have a picture, video or sound to use as evidence just some deflated balls that the Pats will deny and Goodell will sweep it under the rug.

They won't find a smoking gun this time though. They're going to find a way to excuse this. They don't have a picture, video or sound to use as evidence just some deflated balls that the Pats will deny and Goodell will sweep it under the rug.

Well if they are going to excuse it, they better come up with a damn good explanation that can fit all the facts.

The "solution" you give in your last paragraph contradicts what you wrote before it.

Doesn't canceling the game at halftime gyp fans who bought AFCCG tix and made travel arrangements? Same thing.

No, it doesn't. NE did something to lose that game during the game.

1. Where do I get "tiny percentage"? It's a fact the vast majority booked SB plans a long time ago. When I called six major hotels yesterday they told me they were sold out many months ago. They searched their databases for vacancies within 20 miles and found nothing. They offered to search farther out and I said don't bother since I was yanking their chains for nothing. 

2. I would've been happy with a halftime forfeit but I think that's LESS realistic because it doesn't allow for a complete investigation and it f-cks over advertisers who paid big bucks for ad space during the game. My solution isn't spiteful, it's fair and due punishment for violating the rules. Apparently, the way this is dragging out, even my post-game solution would've been too soon.

1. That doesn't mean anything. You are making an assumption about the percentage of people who acquired tickets and booked rooms having no financial interest in flipping them. In fact, it is very common. Superbowl tickets are huge moneymakers.

2. There is a provision in the CBA for causing someone to forfeit the game if the ref and/or commissioner determine cheating is involved. And the ad space for a championship game is a minuscule fraction of superbowl ad space. But that is a risk that those companies took on when they paid for the space. Not so with people who bought tickets or ad space AFTER the winning/losing teams had been announced, only to have the league yank the rug out from under them after money has changed hands among an unknown number of entities.

And that's exactly what should happen.

The league has already admitted they have no evidence.

Well if they are going to excuse it, they better come up with a damn good explanation that can fit all the facts.

Can you name some of the "facts"?

The only fact is that 11 balls were underinflated.  There are no other facts, and that's the problem for Goodell.

And that's exactly what should happen.

The league has already admitted they have no evidence.

Yeah - but the funny thing is they do have circumstantial evidence and plenty of people have been imprisoned on circumstantial evidence.  Just keep asking questions and at some point the whole truth will emerge.  95% chance that it will.

How many angry, threatening phone calls has Kraft put into the NFL office in the last 72 hours?

paul allen has a card to play.  he can say they won't go to arizona until they are assured, as defending champions, that the game will be fair.  I'm not saying he should or would, bu that would be pretty wild

Can you name some of the "facts"?

The only fact is that 11 balls were underinflated.  There are no other facts, and that's the problem for Goodell.

No there are more facts...

• 12 balls were under inflated.
  • 11 were substantially under inflated
  • all balls were checked 2.5 hours before the game by officials and were verified as properly inflated
  • The colts footballs were not tampered with
  • Someone let the air out of all of the Pats* footballs between 2.5 hours before the game and the discovery
  • Bellicheat is on record saying he does not know anything about it

Yeah - but the funny thing is they do have circumstantial evidence and plenty of people have been imprisoned on circumstantial evidence.  Just keep asking questions and at some point the whole truth will emerge.  95% chance that it will.

And this isn't a court of law. The NFL does not require the same level of proof. 

Yeah - but the funny thing is they do have circumstantial evidence.

What circumstantial evidence do they have that someone or something associated with the Patriots had anything to do with the underinflated footballs?

I have yet to see one piece of even circumstantial, let alone physical, evidence that the Patriots were somehow responsible for the underinflated footballs.

No there are more facts...

• 12 balls were under inflated.
  • 11 were substantially under inflated
  • all balls were checked 2.5 hours before the game by officials and were verified as properly inflated
  • The colts footballs were not tampered with
  • Someone let the air out of all of the Pats* footballs between 2.5 hours before the game and the discovery
  • Bellicheat is on record saying he does not know anything about it

tex knows what happened, but he is right,,, not enuf to convict, but enuf to  'know', which to some pats fans is a sad thing. some pats dont care, bury head in sand and say 'we won again'

Archived