Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

Nice try TX but the fumble data makes it pretty clear how long this have been going and and exactly who must have known about it.

Pffft.

All that shows is how good a job BB does focusing on ball security. 

BTW, I remember at least 3 Ridley fumbles (2 in one game, 1 in another) at Gillette Stadium over the last 3 years.

Once again, the author's data is flawed.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pffft.

BTW, I remember at least 3 Ridley fumbles (2 in one game, 1 in another) at Gillette Stadium over the last 3 years.

lol... bollocks and you know it.  Nothing happens by accident on that team.  One of the best DCs in the history of the game has to be aware that low ball pressure equals fewer strips therefore his claims today about the sum total of his knowledge on ball pressure are patently false,

Every team teaches ball security. Every one.

The only way to get a curve like that is if the dice are loaded and he would know that.

lol... bollocks and you know it. Nothing happens by accident on that team. One of the best DCs in the history of the game has to be aware that low ball pressure equals fewer strips therefore his claims today about the sum total of his knowledge on ball pressure are patently false,

Every team teaches ball security. Every one.

The only way to get a curve like that is if the dice are loaded and he would know that.

Yet in the same presser Beli pounds his chest about how he creates tough practice conditions with slick balls, cold balls, et, etc and if a player complains he makes it worse! But yea never thinks about game balls

Tackling data doesn't lie.

Pffft.

Blah, blah blah, evidently your team's system of cheating is flawed.

I love how suddenly there is a different tone from you, Brady ain't laughing anymore and the rest of the trolls are hiding in their bunkers...This is great....getting caught is a BIOOOOOTCH. All the loudmouth cheaters are suddenly whispering...

Yet in the same presser Beli pounds his chest about how he creates tough practice conditions with slick balls, cold balls, et, etc and if a player complains he makes it worse! But yea never thinks about game balls

Tackling data doesn't lie.

Honestly I thought that whole part of the press conference was the weirdest by far.  Why did he spend so much time and energy responding to questions that had never been asked about the condition of the balls in his practices?

That seemed like common or garden variety deflection to me and something one of my daughters may have come up with when they were like 12 or something.

NFL: "Mr. Brady, here and now under oath, were you at any time a member of a crime organisation headed by Bill Belichick?"

Hey, what's with the food around here? A kid comes up to me in a white jacket, gives me a Ritz cracker, and uh, chopped liver, he says, 'Canapes'. I said, uh, 'can of peas, my ass, that's a Ritz cracker and chopped liver!'

That fumble data is unreal, why is this not being reported by the media?

I hate to spoil the party, but the difference between the Pats fumble rate and the next lower teams is not so huge as to be unbelievable. Pats are 187 plays per fumble, the next couple teams are in the 130+ range. So the Pat's have a number that is less than 50% better than the teams closest to them. If it was 500%, OK that's obvious. 50%, not so much. At least it's not something I think would convince a jury of laymen.

I hate to spoil the party, but the difference between the Pats fumble rate and the next lower teams is not so huge as to be unbelievable. Pats are 187 plays per fumble, the next couple teams are in the 130+ range. So the Pat's have a number that is less than 50% better than the teams closest to them. If it was 500%, OK that's obvious. 50%, not so much. At least it's not something I think would convince a jury of laymen.

Not if you actually understand the math:

Based on the assumption that fumbles per play follow a normal distribution, you’d expect to see, according to random fluctuation, the results that the Patriots have gotten over this period, once in 16,233.77 instances”.

Which in layman’s terms means that this result only being a coincidence, is like winning a raffle where you have a 0.0000616 probability to win. Which in other words, it’s very unlikely that it’s a coincidence.

Not watching Brady but is he claiming he didnt even notice a difference with the ball?

That will be too rich.

Mr. Football Historian Great Coach of all time, has never touched a game ball in his coaching career and doesnt know the advantage of a deflated ball.

And 

Mr. HOF QB w/ Super Model wife couldnt even tell that a ball he touched 100+ times was deflated.

Please tell me he said he couldnt tell the difference.  Please tell me that.  Please. 

Archived