Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

What is going to be interesting, and I haven't heard anybody else even mention it is the effect it will have on Tom Brady and the Patriot's offensive play going forward. Because we all know that the days of the team having their ball boy in control of the 12 footballs that each team submits to the refs for inspection, the teams will now have a league official watching the balls and doling them out during the games.

Everybody automatically says "it made no difference in the score and the outcome" Well we'll all get to see starting next week whether that blanket statement is true or not.  I was working so I didn't get to see some of the first half drives, how many passes were caught on 3rd downs that had they NOT been maybe Luck brings the Colts down for an early score, maybe Brady is forced into a throwing war and maybe the Pats running game doesn't get a chance to run the clock out.

Like I said, we'll get to see the effect of Brady having to play by the rules because his days of throwing a doctored football are over. He's going to be needing Gronkowski to score 12 TDs a game to spike the balls so hard as to lessen the PSI pressure. Good luck with that.  

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The NFL network is in full fledge damage control right now. They will saying anything they can to slow this down...

Unfortunately for the NFL the national media has picked up on this and most damaging is ESPN is currently allowing it's pundits to be honest - and if ESPN has turned there's a huge problem for the NFL ---- especially knowing how much ESPN is in the NFL's pocket.

Bingo.

What is going to be interesting, and I haven't heard anybody else even mention it is the effect it will have on Tom Brady and the Patriot's offensive play going forward. Because we all know that the days of the team having their ball boy in control of the 12 footballs that each team submits to the refs for inspection, the teams will now have a league official watching the balls and doling them out during the games.

Everybody automatically says "it made no difference in the score and the outcome" Well we'll all get to see starting next week whether that blanket statement is true or not. I was working so I didn't get to see some of the first half drives, how many passes were caught on 3rd downs that had they NOT been maybe Luck brings the Colts down for an early score, maybe Brady is forced into a throwing war and maybe the Pats running game doesn't get a chance to run the clock out.

Like I said, we'll get to see the effect of Brady having to play by the rules because his days of throwing a doctored football are over. He's going to be needing Gronkowski to score 12 TDs a game to spike the balls so hard as to lessen the PSI pressure. Good luck with that.

I completely agree with you , the people saying 45-7 so it's no big deal shouldn't be so sure , it's shortsighted , typical sloppy media, an early turnover or 2 and that whole game plays out differently..we all remember david Harris int in the playoff game against them, it looked like they were gonna go right in for 7-0 and rout us all over again.,yes he didn't score and we even missed the FG but it changed the game, a lot of people even said it at the time....thanks for bringing it up because I haven't seen anyone else agree with me on this all week.

This is very sad for football and the NFL.  If nothing is done, the league's credibility will take another hit.

Patsie fans keep using the argument that no smoking gun has been found.  No one has stepped forward and admitted anything. No video exists with someone with a needle.  And that's true.... so far.

But what are we suppose to believe happened?  That by chance all 12 Patsie footballs leaked? By chance some ballboy just deflated all the Patsie footballs to the pressure Tommy likes and he did this randomly only once and without any encouragement?

Honest people can't buy those stories.  Honest people (Golic, Bradshaw,Palmer) know there's more to the story.

Sad, sad day.

They just said that on NFLN.

Once again, just the media and opposing fans making a mountain out of a molehill regarding the Pats

Underinflated footballs didn't make Luck complete 33% of his passes, no TDs and throw 2 INTS. They didn't make Cribbs fumble. They didn't make the Pats defense totally shut Indy out on the 2nd half. They didnt make Revis erase Hilton from the game.The Pats offense hung 28 points on Indy in the 2nd half with the balls inflated to 13.5 psi.

I completely agree with you , the people saying 45-7 so it's no big deal shouldn't be so sure , it's shortsighted , typical sloppy media, an early turnover or 2 and that whole game plays out differently..we all remember david Harris int in the playoff game against them, it looked like they were gonna go right in for 7-0 and rout us all over again.,yes he didn't score and we even missed the FG but it changed the game, a lot of people even said it at the time....thanks for bringing it up because I haven't seen anyone else agree with me on this all week.

they say it's a game of inches pounds per square inches. That's so true one errant pass that slips out of Brady's grip and goes over the outstreched arms of a receiver and gets picked off and oh, say gets returned for a TD or results in one and the whole dynamic of the game is changed.

Since we all already KNOW that nothing at all of any significance will happen to the Cheaters we at least WILL get to see Brady and the Cheats offense having to play by the same rules as the other HONEST NFL teams have had to. Every bad throw every fumble, every INT and what will happen is the FACT that the cheaters did this stuff for probably years and years and years softer footballs will be invoked-just like steroids. The Pats legacy is going to take the brunt of the punishment and nothing that Goodell will NOT do can ever change that. They will be thought of the same way that Bonds, McGwire, Sosa, Arod, and the rest of THOSE cheaters have been pretty much completely disregarded as far as baseball records go. The Pats will be the NFL's version of that era. 

The league doesn't care, people will still watch, purchase memorabilia, purchase TV sports packages so on and so on. The fact that Goodell and kraft are no where to be found speaks volumes.

Those who are calling for suspensions for the Superbowl, keep dreaming if the NFL plans to do anything, it'll be for next season.

Underinflated footballs didn't make Luck complete 33% of his passes, no TDs and throw 2 INTS. They didn't make Cribbs fumble. They didn't make the Pats defense totally shut Indy out on the 2nd half. They didnt make Revis erase Hilton from the game.The Pats offense hung 28 points on Indy in the 2nd half with the balls inflated to 13.5 psi.

no, but a closer game changes whether the defense gets to play against an offense that is playing with one arm tied behind it's back, KNOWING that they won't be running the ball down that many points

But game started out uneven. Is that fair? No one knows how different it may have been if balls at beginning of game were all equal. No one does. Its a Strawman to say 'it was a blowout'... Game started uneven, bottom line.

The denial strategy is designed to save the personal reputations of Bellichick and Brady but falls far short of the mark as to the Pats' culpability .  Quite simply, no one else could have done it.  According to all reports, the balls were handed over to the Pats and no one else had access to them.

In the civil law, there is a doctrine called "res ipsa loquitur," which is a latin term which means "the thing speaks for itself."  What it means as a legal principle is that where -- as here -- a particular party has exclusive custody and control of something they are the responsible party for it.  That standard applies in negligence cases, which is not exactly the same as here, but c'mon guys, nobody else had access to the balls.  Who else could have done it?

The league doesn't care, people will still watch, purchase memorabilia, purchase TV sports packages so on and so on. The fact that Goodell and kraft are no where to be found speaks volumes.

Those who are calling for suspensions for the Superbowl, keep dreaming if the NFL plans to do anything, it'll be for next season.

But the same NFL punishes Marshawn Lynch for his choice of shoes and ignoring reporters at light speed. But Tom Brady cheats, no biggie. 

Gag me alrepulp_fiction3310.jpgady with a... 

no, but a closer game changes whether the defense gets to play against an offense that is playing with one arm tied behind it's back, KNOWING that they won't be running the ball down that many points

100% right on, again.

Under inflated balls confer a rather large advantage in terms of not fumbling.  This is well known.

There is zero reason to believe that the Patriots rolled out this strategy for the first time in the AFCCG

Therefore every Patriots game is suspect and not just the games where it was a blowout.  Let's start with the previous week against the Ravens.

The fact of the matter is that the Patriot have never stopped cheating and this is simply the latest chapter in "oops i got caught"

But the same NFL punishes Marshawn Lynch for his choice of shoes and ignoring reporters at light speed. But Tom Brady cheats, no biggie.

Gag me alrepulp_fiction3310.jpgady with a...

Couldn't agree more, they can enforce uniforms rules but game equipment rules with a team of a history of shady tactics, nope, nothing to see here.

This is true  - if the NFL really cared.  But can't you tell the NFL and Pastsie fans just want to deny and hope it goes away?

All this time - no Patsie fan really deals with your main point - "Quite simply, no one else could have done it."

Tx avoids that concept and simply defaults to ... "well, there's not smoking gun"

This is 100% accurate.

Gotta love Jets fans who claim 2 pounds of PSI would change the outcome of a 45-7 blowout.

You do realize each team brings their own footballs. When the weather was like it was Sunday night, playing with an under-inflated ball will most certainly be in your benefit, especially if the other team isn't.

What I love about this is a linebacker from Indy has the awareness and can tell a 2 pound psi difference in a football, but Shady Brady cannot?!?! Tommy be lying bad, that's why he looked as uncomfortable as a fart in church during that press conference yesterday.

To be fair, the LB said he didn't notice the difference, it was the staff, which told the coach then it went up the ladder. The fact that the colts told the leagues office about the issue the first time they met in the season. So this was nothing new.

Underinflated footballs didn't make Luck complete 33% of his passes, no TDs and throw 2 INTS. They didn't make Cribbs fumble. They didn't make the Pats defense totally shut Indy out on the 2nd half. They didnt make Revis erase Hilton from the game.The Pats offense hung 28 points on Indy in the 2nd half with the balls inflated to 13.5 psi.[/quot

Wrong.

Colts players dropped balls, fumbled while Pats didn't. If course the balls played a role in that.

The momentum of the game could have easily swung the other way. The idea that Pats would have won anyway is BS.

This is 100% accurate.

Gotta love Jets fans who claim 2 pounds of PSI would change the outcome of a 45-7 blowout.

who cares about 45-7.  I want to know who let the air out of 12 Patsie footballs and who else knew about it..  That's what I care about.

BTW tx are you still holding to the different temperature on opposite sides of the field theory?  Just wondering.

Plausible deniability does indeed fall far short.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brady admits to liking his balls on the low end of the inflation scale because he "likes the way they feel"

That means he can tell the difference which is precisely what every other former QB has been saying.

If he can tell the difference then he can tell the difference when they are at 11 PSI.  I don't know what is strange about this.

Which makes him a liar with respect to what he said yesterday.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As a defensive coordinator with the reputation for being one of the very best of all time, Bill Belichick has got to be aware that stripping an under-inflated football is more difficult and happens at a much lower rate than stripping a properly inflated ball.

There is simply no way that he could not be aware of that.

Which make his statements yesterday about "that is all I know about ball pressure" and "that is all I have ever thought about ball pressure" into obvious lies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Patriots found a statistical correllation which told them that balls inflated to 12.5 PSI were fumbled at a lower rate than balls inflated to 13.5 PSI.  The problem is that they also discovered that 11 PSI was even better for them.  They simply could not resist that extra bite of the cake.

This is 100% accurate.

Nobody has made this claim.  This is a straw man.

It is all the other games where this tactic was likely a difference maker.

Add Phil Simms to the crowd of people who think brady and BB are cheating , he just called brady a liar on B and C and said the penalty is going to be severe...I'm shocked simms spoke out tbh....I'm still holding out hope Goodell drops a nuclear bomb on them.

Phil's son is sitting in for boomer so Phil called in.

Archived