Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

To be fair, the LB said he didn't notice the difference, it was the staff, which told the coach then it went up the ladder. The fact that the colts told the leagues office about the issue the first time they met in the season. So this was nothing new.

I know, but that just sucks the fun outta calling Shady a liar.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yet another conspiracy theory by Jets fans.

Wake me up when somebody, anybody, finds some concrete evidence that the Pats tampered with the footballs.

Lol @ troll post.

Please, by all means, offer a plausible explanation that doesn't place blame for the deflated footballs at the feet of the Pats.

Tom Brady is a terrible liar who can't keep his own story straight. Out of one side of his mouth, he states that footballs inflated to 12.5 are absolutely perfect for him, and out of the other he says that he didn't notice that the ball in his hands was pressurized two full pounds less. This is a professional QB who claims to go over every football so it's just right before the game not recognizing that the footballs he was playing with were completely wrong. Either he's a complete phony when he goes over those footballs, or he's a flat out liar.

A better lie would've been to say that he thought they felt a little soft, but didn't think much of it because he had checked them out earlier in the day. Something like that. The bald faced lie points a finger directly at him.

They already used that excuse with Spygate, except that not everybody did it. They cant use the same excuse again, they are the only team busted for spygate and this. 

I got an idiot in my office (Browns fan, whaddya expect? ) who was freaking out this morning insisting that "at least 14 teams also taped signals they (presumably the media) just wanted to make an example of the Patriots."

I just laughed at him and walked away (resisting the urge to smack him in the face and call him an idiot.)

on the most esoteric minutiae of football?

Just this week I've had people tell me all kinds of things about footballs that I never thought of before but the people telling me them were absolutely, 100% sure they were right because it couldn't be any other way. 

I'll admit, my initial response to this (not knowing the rules about how footballs are handled prior to the game) was that playing with the level of inflation would put the road team at a disadvantage because the quarterback would be attempting to throw a ball that wasn't inflated to the level he is accustomed to and that could affect his accuracy. My instinct was completely false. 

But I've had people defend the Pats by claiming the officials would absolutely, unquestionably be able to tell the difference by simply picking the ball up, which is pretty funny in light of Tom Brady claiming he did not notice that the ball was deflated at all (maybe because he always has them deflated to that level?)

The pronouncements that the level of football inflation provides little to no advantage are very reminiscent of Spygate and the claims that the Pats gained no edge from stealing signals. 

Which was a pretty odd defense considering that the person being defended was a football "genius" according to the person doing the defending. Apparently that football "genius" now knew less about football than the person defending him because the football "genius" seemed to think he got an advantage because he did it for close to 10 years according to his own admission. 

I never thought about the inflation levels of footballs prior to Monday morning. I can admit it. I don't know if I would be able to tell the difference between a ball inflated to 10.5 PSI or 25 PSI. I also don't know for sure what impact adding or subtracting air might have. 

All I do know is that its a big enough deal that the NFL feels the need to expressly state in their rules what the proper level of inflation is and that the Patriots' footballs somehow lost air between the time the refs tested them pregame and halftime and the Colts' footballs didn't. Someone in Foxboro is lying. 

Why was this merged?

It's a totally different topic. 

Lol @ troll post.

Please, by all means, offer a plausible explanation that doesn't place blame for the deflated footballs at the feet of the Pats.

Tom Brady is a terrible liar who can't keep his own story straight. Out of one side of his mouth, he states that footballs inflated to 12.5 are absolutely perfect for him, and out of the other he says that he didn't notice that the ball in his hands was pressurized two full pounds less. This is a professional QB who claims to go over every football so it's just right before the game not recognizing that the footballs he was playing with were completely wrong. Either he's a complete phony when he goes over those footballs, or he's a flat out liar.

A better lie would've been to say that he thought they felt a little soft, but didn't think much of it because he had checked them out earlier in the day. Something like that. The bald faced lie points a finger directly at him.

There is only one person who can blow the lid off all of this.

That is the ballboy responsible for handling the balls on the sideline during the game.

Supposedly, there is a picture of him leaving Brady's house in a bright yellow Lamborghini.

Damn.  That's a huge can of whoop ass right there.  Well done.

I read kriegels bio on namath.  fascinating stuff.  it goes into how sonny werblin wanted a star, not just a player so he told joe to keep throwing deep, heck with winning.  It wasn't until the defense finally told joe to play it to win that they started winning.  Namath also played still drunk from the night before, so he would throw 6 picks.

you look at a guy who throws 6 picks and hangs out with bookies, you think he's obviously point shaving or throwing games.  

Hoover was desperate to nail him.  Desperate to nail that hippie long hair loudmouth.  They never found any dirt on him

he was just drunk and trying to impress the ladies

thank you !!!!   I was going to try to post this.   so much for the whiny jets fan thing.  this is a global story because it's superbowl week.

everyone on the planet thinks the past* are lying cheaters

except the chowds, lol

Wake me up when somebody, anybody, finds some concrete evidence that the Pats tampered with the footballs.

Man Jets fans have taken over the country. By the way there are threads like this on every team forum. Im sure you have seen them since you troll multiple sites. 

Screen_Shot_2015-01-23_at_9.25.08_AM.0.p

That is the ballboy responsible for handling the balls on the sideline during the game.

Supposedly, there is a picture of him leaving Brady's house in a bright yellow Lamborghini.

Brady is a liar and cheap also

It all depends on who has control.  In the end it will be Joe Blow the assistant equipment manager that has control and has tampered with them.  The organization as a whole cannot deny liability but Beli and Brady sure can.  The only way they can pin this directly on one of them is if the guy that did the actual tampering says he was instructed to do so.  And it is very likely this will not happen unless the guy has to testify under oath or something.

Holy crap how many times am I gonna use, res ipsa loquitur, in a sentence today?

I say that all the time. I thought everyone does.It is clear the Pats cheated and probably have been for a long time. Brady is one of the most efficient bad weather QB's of ALL TIME. How does he do it? I guess we know now.

No. My thread was intended to be about jackasses acting like experts. This thread is about the Pats lying.

I just merged your Mark Brunell thread into the Tom Brady Press Conference thread. Any other questions?

So you agree that the only plausible explanation involves Tom Brady giving the order? Cool.

The only question remaining is whether Belichick knew. Think anyone in that organization does anything without Little Bill's approval?

I believe 11 pieces of evidence were found earlier this week. Keep on keepin' on though

Right now as far as the NFL goes, the reason they haven't "opened an investigation" is that it is Super Bowl week. If they were to launch an investigation now and start bringing Patriots equipment guys, coaches, players etc.. to the NY offices it would interrupt the Patriots preparation for the game which would give Seattle an unfair competitive advantage. The league will launch its investigation immediately after the Pats lose to the Seahawks.

I truly feel bad for you and other Pats fans like you.  Its not your fault and you dont deserve this...especially you because I know you're not a a guy who started following the team in 2001.  Decades of failure and seemingly hopelessness (which we as Jets fan know too well).  Then you finally stumble on a HOF QB who made your Head Coach into a HOF'er only to find out their complete liar scumbags who have developed a culture of systematic cheating and now they're being exposed for the 2nd time!

It must hurt and for that I feel bad for you. I'd totally hug your guts out if you were close by.

I just merged your Mark Brunell thread into the Tom Brady Press Conference thread. Any other questions?

So you agree that the only plausible explanation involves Tom Brady giving the order? Cool.

The only question remaining is whether Belichick knew. Think anyone in that organization does anything without Little Bill's approval?

Damn you! I want to give this post both positive and negative rep! 

I truly feel bad for you and other Pats fans like you.  Its not your fault and you dont deserve this...especially you because I know you're not a a guy who started following the team in 2001.  Decades of failure and seemingly hopelessness (which we as Jets fan know too well).  Then you finally stumble on a HOF QB who made your Head Coach into a HOF'er only to find out their complete liar scumbags who have developed a culture of systematic cheating and now they're being exposed for the 2nd time!

It must hurt and for that I feel bad for you. I'd totally hug your guts out if you were close by.

Screw PatsFanTX and his "head in the sand mentality" Fans like him are one of the reasons BB thinks he can get away with almost anything. His boss Robert Kraft is just as devoid of morality and ethics as both Belicheat and Brady are. They are so totally obsessed with 'erasing' all doubt about their legacy that they have tarnished it irreparably. So f-you PatsFanTx AND the rest of your ilk. Become a Cowboys fan - at least you can lose with dignity.

It all depends on who has control.  In the end it will be Joe Blow the assistant equipment manager that has control and has tampered with them.  The organization as a whole cannot deny liability but Beli and Brady sure can.  The only way they can pin this directly on one of them is if the guy that did the actual tampering says he was instructed to do so.  And it is very likely this will not happen unless the guy has to testify under oath or something.

Oh please. Kraft will give the guy a golden parachute to lie his a$$ off. The NFL will not believe it but will have to admit a "lack of evidence". I still think Brady gets some kind of suspension and the Pats lose a draft pick and 1 -mil in fines.

Using Sean Payton and Bountygate as the Roger Goodell-designed precedent as a guide, whether or not BB knew is meaningless. He is the head coach. It's his responsibility. He should burn. 

The NFL's non-response to this is soooo awesome.  Soooo par for the course.  They are doing everything in their power to delay this till after the Super Bowl and clear the Cheatriots of all wrong doing.  

I've been saying it for years now but its more so now than ever ringing true:

NFL = WWE

Thanks Cheatriots!  The NFL sucks and you're the reason.  Way to go! 

Here's the conversation Beli and Brady had with the equipment manager 4 years ago....

"Um, listen, if you were ever to, you know, on your own, decide to deflate every football, for every game, from now on, in every stadium, by 2 pounds, of your own idea, and of your own discretion, and of your own free will... please don't tell us."

Using Sean Payton and Bountygate as the Roger Goodell-designed precedent as a guide, whether or not BB knew is meaningless. He is the head coach. It's his responsibility. He should burn.

Yup. He specifically said that ignorance is no excuse.

In that case, the head coach and a player were suspended for a year (although Vilma's suspension was eventually overturned). I was never a fan of that witch hunt, as I'm confident that sort of thing goes on in every locker room. This case is different and much more serious. Belichick and Brady should both be suspended for a year. If the league had any balls -so to speak- that year would start before the Super Bowl.

That would be a message that cheating will not be tolerated.

Archived