Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

No they are not.

Hard evidence is who and how they got that way.

Unfortunatley, there is no hard evidence whatsoever.

You are wrong. 100% wrong.

The police come into my little apartment and find a gallon jug of LSD in my refrigerator -they don't have to prove how it got there, or if I even knew it was there- they're taking me away. The charge will be intent to distribute, without taking into account that tripping balls on a daily basis takes increasingly large doses.

The Deflatriots were found with 11 significantly deflated footballs in their possession. The charge is that they were using those deflated footballs to gain an unfair and illegal advantage. How the balls got that way is not important. The fact that they became deflated while in the sole possession of the Patriots in the two hours between when they were inspected by the refs and the start of the game is the smoking gun.

Punishment, unfortunately, won't be swift. But it should be severe when it comes. Repeat offender, your favorite team is.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You cannot make that statement, you simply can't.  Not without some shred of evidence to say so.  Goodell can and will punish belly for the same reason he did the Sean Payton thing because he 'should have known'.  You can't punish Brady without some kind of reasonable data other than, hes a scum bag and probably a liar.

I can.

It is well beyond a reasonable doubt that no one in the Patriots organization is tampering with their offense's footballs in the AFC Championship Game without the express consent of -and more likely direct order from- Brady and/or Belichick.

There is no plausible alternative.

You are wrong. 100% wrong.

The police come into my little apartment and find a gallon jug of LSD in my refrigerator -they don't have to prove how it got there, or if I even knew it was there- they're taking me away. The charge will be intent to distribute, without taking into account that tripping balls on a daily basis takes increasingly large doses.

The Deflatriots were found with 11 significantly deflated footballs in their possession. The charge is that they were using those deflated footballs to gain an unfair and illegal advantage. How the balls got that way is not important. The fact that they became deflated while in the sole possession of the Patriots in the two hours between when they were inspected by the refs and the start of the game is the smoking gun.

Punishment, unfortunately, won't be swift. But it should be severe when it comes. Repeat offender, your favorite team is.

Bingo! We have a Bingo here.

Personally I have to admire TX effort in fighting an increasingly dodgy rearguard action here. His arguments aRE a load of bollocks and he knows that.  Still fun to watch tho.

Bingo! We have a Bingo here.

Personally I have to admire TX effort in fighting an increasingly dodgy rearguard action here. His arguments aRE a load of bollocks and he knows that.  Still fun to watch tho.

Max pays me by post count per thread.

Only doing my job.

Even if brady wanted to come clean, he cant because they would have suspended him for the super bowl. Brady had no choice but to lie through hes teeth yesterday. You could tell he felt guilty about lying but he had no choice. The pats couldnt play in the super bowl w grappalo at qb.

If this was week 1, i bet brady would have come clean.

No they are not.

Hard evidence is who and how they got that way.

Unfortunatley, there is no hard evidence whatsoever.

So by your account the guilty go free for lack of evidence. Doesn't dispel their guilt, its just no one can PROVE it. Great analogy from a fan of a cheating organization and a major troll.

RUMOR ONLY

NFL:  No concrete evidence of tampering ------>  No fines, no draft pick forfeiture, no suspensions, not even a slap on the Belicheat's slimy wrist.  No punishment of any sort.

This is tacit approval of the Pats' cheating again.  The Kraft-Goodell friendship runs very deep.

http://offthemonster.com/2015/01/this-just-in-sources-confirm-patriots-will-not-face-penaltiesfines/

THIS JUST IN: sources confirm Patriots will not face penalties/fines

Posted on January 23, 2015 by AndrewT

Tom-Brady.jpgAccording to a source, the NFL will make an announcement that there will not be any suspensions, fines or any other penalties in the deflate gate saga. There simply isn’t any proof that this happened. The NFL isn’t saying the balls weren’t tampered with, they just can’t prove how it happened. No smoking gun, no crime.  The main delay right now is hopes of any new information, but it doesn’t appear they will get any. Expect an announcement by the weekend.

Lets hope this story can be put to rest now!

THE END

UPDATE: My credible source is saying the only thing that may change is the timing of the release, NFL still hopes to find something but that’s not going to happen.

Goodell has proved he doesn't care about integrity. This gets pushed out till after the Super Bowl and swept under the rug.

NFL baby!!!

Geez JiF I hate to point out the OBVIOUS, but this is the Super Bowl we are talking about. The NFL can't 'launch' an investigation that would threaten to interrupt the process of preparation for the biggest game in the history of Western Civilization. My God. Then the cheating Patriots could say they were at an unfair competitive advantage.

Tom-Brady.jpgAccording to a source, the NFL will make an announcement that there will not be any suspensions, fines or any other penalties in the deflate gate saga. There simply isn’t any proof that this happened. The NFL isn’t saying the balls weren’t tampered with, they just can’t prove how it happened. No smoking gun, no crime.  The main delay right now is hopes of any new information, but it doesn’t appear they will get any. Expect an announcement by the weekend.

THE END

UPDATE: My credible source is saying the only thing that may change is the timing of the release, NFL still hopes to find something but that’s not going to happen.

Posted on January 23, 2015 by AndrewT

Tom-Brady.jpgAccording to a source, the NFL will make an announcement that there will not be any suspensions, fines or any other penalties in the deflate gate saga. There simply isn’t any proof that this happened. The NFL isn’t saying the balls weren’t tampered with, they just can’t prove how it happened. No smoking gun, no crime. The main delay right now is hopes of any new information, but it doesn’t appear they will get any. Expect an announcement by the weekend.

THE END

Dude, Andrew T is Guidoyastremski

Any lawyer would tell you that there is plenty of evidence here.  If it is only the fact that the balls were deflated (there may be more that we don't know about), that is STRONG circumstantial evidence.  Circumstantial evidence is the basis of convictions or civil findings of liability every day.  In PatsFanTx's world, there would be no findings of liability without either a confession or a videotape of the transgression, but that is not how it works in the real world.

Unfortunately, we are dealing with a Kangaroo Court (the NFL) and none of this is relevant, because they are apparently dead set on sweeping this under the rug.

So if a player tests positive for PED's and says I have no idea how it happened and the league can't find anyone to testify that witnessed or administered the drugs then it's ok according to this line of thinking right?

Patriots had exclusive control over the balls like a player has with his body. It's the same ridiculous reasoning. A classic C'mon man don't ya think?

yes, if you cannot prove WHO shot the ped's into the player, there is no concrete evidence. could have been the player, coach, team physician, team mate, or the players own mother. there should be no punishment without hi-def video footage and full page confession

So far, the NFL has shown zero interest in getting to the bottom of this.  This is apparent for two reasons:  (1) they have not taken a half hour to interview Brady; (2) they leaked the story to Sheffer saying they hadn't found any hard evidence (even though we know from (1) that they have made no effort to do so). 

They don't want to know the truth.  Maybe they will after the Superbowl, but I think it is more likely that they are hoping that the fervor will die down and they can say they didn't find any evidence.

But will they admit they weren't looking for evidence?

Yet another conspiracy theory by Jets fans.

Wake me up when somebody, anybody, finds some concrete evidence that the Pats tampered with the footballs.

Apparently the Pats sideline is on the north side of the stadium which was much colder than the Colts sideline on the south side, leading to air contraction in the footballs.  From a scientific perspective, this quite logically explains why the Pats balls were deflated and the Colts balls maintained the original air pressure.  Why can't everyone see this???

Ravens' Canty: Patriots are 'habitual line-steppers'

• _Hanzus_2-65x90.jpg
  • print.png
    g-plus.png
    fb-like.png
    share-button.png
  • By Dan Hanzus
  • Around the NFL Writer
  • Published: Jan. 23, 2015 at 10:04 a.m.
  • Updated: Jan. 23, 2015 at 11:35 a.m.

The New England Patriots would probably give just about anything to make the deflated football saga go away. Ravens defensive end Chris Canty believes the AFC Championship Game incident is just the latest in a pattern of rule-bending behavior from a conference rival.

"The Patriots are habitual line-steppers," Canty told NBCSN's ProFootballTalk on Wednesday. "If the allegations are true, then you are talking about attacking the integrity of our game and I have an issue with that.

0ap2000000374401.jpg

"... What I'm going to say about the deflating of the balls, to me there is no difference than performance-enhancing drugs. You are cheating at that point. You are getting a competitive advantage outside of the rulebook and there has to be some sort of consequences for that."

Patriots coach Bill Belichick read a prepared statement to a huge gathering of reporters Thursday, claiming that he was "shocked" to learn of the NFL's investigation of overly deflated footballs allegedly used by the Patriots during their win over the Colts on Sunday. Patriots quarterback Tom Brady denied having anything to do with changes in the game footballs, which were reportedly far below league inflation standards.

"To me, the integrity of the game is the most important thing," Canty said. "You want to be successful as a player, but you want to think that you are doing things that are within the rules and that you are out there competing, and it's not, whether it is performance-enhancing drugs or deflated footballs that is out there aiding in your performance."

This story only figures to get bigger when the national media descends on the Phoenix area next week. You have to wonder how much the controversy will wear on a Patriots team that, oh yeah, has a pretty big game in nine days.

Any lawyer would tell you that there is plenty of evidence here.  If it is only the fact that the balls were deflated (there may be more that we don't know about), that is STRONG circumstantial evidence.  Circumstantial evidence is the basis of convictions or civil findings of liability every day.  In PatsFanTx's world, there would be no findings of liability without either a confession or a videotape of the transgression, but that is not how it works in the real world.

Unfortunately, we are dealing with a Kangaroo Court (the NFL) and none of this is relevant, because they are apparently dead set on sweeping this under the rug.

And therein lies the rub.

Brady said he likes the balls at 12.5.  He says the equipment guys break the balls in.  He chooses 12 or so balls for a game.   The refs inspect them to ensure they are upto standard.  They turn the ball over to the ball boys.

Are we sure Walt Anderson did his job?  Is there an NFL official from both teams or th eleague watching them do their job?  What is their process?  Do they measure each ball to ensure the ball is at 12.5 psi?  Or do they just give it a squeeze?    Starting at two hours before game time, he has to measure 24 playing balls and how many ever K balls kickers are allowed.  You are telling me he is doing his due diligence to ensure the balls are upto standard.

A-a-Ron says he over inflates in the hopes the refs do not  defalte the balls.

RUMOR ONLY

NFL:  No concrete evidence of tampering ------>  No fines, no draft pick forfeiture, no suspensions, not even a slap on the Belicheat's slimy wrist.  No punishment of any sort.

This is tacit approval of the Pats' cheating again.  The Kraft-Goodell friendship runs very deep.

http://offthemonster.com/2015/01/this-just-in-sources-confirm-patriots-will-not-face-penaltiesfines/

THE END

If that's the case, the superbowl & the NFL are a joke. 

Sean Peyton should be livid. Bounty Gate happened. He had no idea it did under his reign, but was suspended because of it anyway. Deflategate happened. BB claims he had no idea it happened under his reign. NOTHING. 

RUMOR ONLY

THE END

I really hope this is just a rumor. Because if this true then this is beginning of the end of the NFL.

Right now as far as the NFL goes, the reason they haven't "opened an investigation" is that it is Super Bowl week. If they were to launch an investigation now and start bringing Patriots equipment guys, coaches, players etc.. to the NY offices it would interrupt the Patriots preparation for the game which would give Seattle an unfair competitive advantage. The league will launch its investigation immediately after the Pats lose to the Seahawks.

You mean like the Pats had in AFC Championship game and who knows how many other games?

I really hope this is just a rumor. Because if this true then this is beginning of the end of the NFL.

I don't know about the end of the NFL but i think it is the end of Goodell. The circumstantial evidence is strong here. You don't need a confession or video tape. The integrity of the NFL is in question but i think it goes back to the Commissioner.

And therein lies the rub.

Brady said he likes the balls at 12.5.  He says the equipment guys break the balls in.  He chooses 12 or so balls for a game.   The refs inspect them to ensure they are upto standard.  They turn the ball over to the ball boys.

Are we sure Walt Anderson did his job?  Is there an NFL official from both teams or th eleague watching them do their job?  What is their process?  Do they measure each ball to ensure the ball is at 12.5 psi?  Or do they just give it a squeeze?    Starting at two hours before game time, he has to measure 24 playing balls and how many ever K balls kickers are allowed.  You are telling me he is doing his due diligence to ensure the balls are upto standard.

A-a-Ron says he over inflates in the hopes the refs do not  defalte the balls.

It takes approximately 3 seconds to test the pressure on a football. :face:

RUMOR ONLY

THE END

cropped-banner.jpg

That is the website your "news" update is from. It's a Boston fan blog. 

You mean like the Pats had in AFC Championship game and who knows how many other games?

Since Brady lobbied for rule, I would venture every game he played with deflated football, and it probably started at 12.5 and they kept pushing envelope, especially in cold weather games, where the refs were wearing gloves. They were able to get down to 10.5 until

caught. The fumbling stats also prove guilt.

It takes approximately 3 seconds to test the pressure on a football. :face:

And that would not be the first timein the history of this planet that a person blew off doing something simple they are supposed to do.

cropped-banner.jpg

That is the website your "news" update is from. It's a Boston fan blog. 

Stop being an ass.  I never said it was "news". I said it was a rumor.  And  it should have been obvious to all that it was from a Boston fan site.  Duh.  

Geez... you are just as obnoxious here as you were on the other board, aren't you?  

Archived