Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And that would not be the first timein the history of this planet that a person blew off doing something simple they are supposed to do.

Get your head out of your ass already.

The balls were tested at halftime specifically because the officials were tipped off prior to this game. You really think if they were planning on checking at halftime, which is unusual, they wouldn't check prior to the game. 

Everything you are saying is the wishful thinking of a Pats fan. 

Stop being an ass.  I never said it was "news". I said it was a rumor.  And  it should have been obvious to all that it was from a Boston fan site.  Duh.  

Geez... you are just as obnoxious here as you were on the other board, aren't you?  

How was I being an ass? 

I was simply pointing out that it is not a legitimate news source. 

You're the one being obnoxious. If you want me to be obnoxious, we can go that route. 

Stop being an ass. I never said it was "news". I said it was a rumor. And it should have been obvious to all that it was from a Boston fan site. Duh.

Geez... you are just as obnoxious here as you were on the other board, aren't you?

I'm with Kleck ...this is incarcerated bob "esque "

THIS JUST IN: sources confirm Patriots will not face penalties/fines

Posted on January 23, 2015 by AndrewT

According to a source, the NFL will make an announcement that there will not be any suspensions, fines or any other penalties in the deflate gate saga. There simply isn’t any proof that this happened. The NFL isn’t saying the balls weren’t tampered with, they just can’t prove how it happened. No smoking gun, no crime.  The main delay right now is hopes of any new information, but it doesn’t appear they will get any. Expect an announcement by the weekend.

So, how are all those Super Bowl suspensions, yearly suspensions, lost draft picks and fines working out?

Hope all this does not ruin Jets fans weekend.

Worked pretty well for OJ.

Not really.  By the beyond as reasonable doubt he was found to be not guilty (oddly enough) but by the preponderance of the evidence standard he was found to be guilty as charged. 

The commissioner does not require anything close to the beyond a reasonable doubt standard here.

Belichick is a convicted cheater and known liar after Spygate. Why would anyone extend to this organization the benefit of any doubt?  Why?

The balls were entrusted to the care of the Patriots.  That means the Patriots were solely responsible for their condition.  If a lightning bolt (or eleven of them) came down from heaven and deflated a ball then that is the Patriots fault because that is the Patriots responsibility.  Were there eleven strikes of lightning last weekend?

The balls were tested at halftime specifically because the officials were tipped off prior to this game. You really think if they were planning on checking at halftime, which is unusual, they wouldn't check prior to the game. 

Allegedly tipped off.  The Colts had suspicion from the November game and in the time between then and last Sunday did not say jack sh*t until the ball boy on their sideline noticed the ball was low again after Jackson's INT.  Mmmmookkkaaayyyy!

I am not saying that is what happened.  The thread is about plausible deniability.  Either they are looking for someone to flop in order to come down harder on the Patriots.  Or, maybe the refs do not do a through job of pre-game checks and it would be difficult for theem to come down on the Patriots when you cannot say for certain Walt Anderson did his job.  Who is his witnesses?  The other overpaid partime employees of the NFL?

Allegedly tipped off.  The Colts had suspicion from the November game and in the time between then and last Sunday did not say jack sh*t until the ball boy on their sideline noticed the ball was low again after Jackson's INT.  Mmmmookkkaaayyyy!

I am not saying that is what happened.  The thread is about plausible deniability.  Either they are looking for someone to flop in order to come down harder on the Patriots.  Or, maybe the refs do not do a through job of pre-game checks and it would be difficult for theem to come down on the Patriots when you cannot say for certain Walt Anderson did his job.  Who is his witnesses?  The other overpaid partime employees of the NFL?

I don't know hos this is going to end up (I doubt the Pats get punished at all for the record) but no matter how it does play out I can guarantee you one thing: the NFL will NOT undermine their own officials. 

Is your best defense really that -maybe- the balls were deflated before the refs inspected them? Even if that's the case (and it's doubtful), the Patriots still supplied under-inflated balls for their offense to use. The refs' potential pregame slacking doesn't alter that fact.

I don't even think it's that credible. 

I agree.  I didn't realize who the post came from on that site.  Had I realized that it was our #2 troll, I wouldn't have.  

So do you think Goodell is actually going to impose any kind of punishment?  Even though he is the equivalent of a blood brother to Robert Kraft?

I don't know hos this is going to end up (I doubt the Pats get punished at all for the record) but no matter how it does play out I can guarantee you one thing: the NFL will NOT undermine their own officials. 

I am not saying the Patriots are innocent due to ignorance, but I think the Goodell is letting this fester and stew because he loathes Belichick.

Apparently the Pats sideline is on the north side of the stadium which was much colder than the Colts sideline on the south side, leading to air contraction in the footballs.  From a scientific perspective, this quite logically explains why the Pats balls were deflated and the Colts balls maintained the original air pressure.  Why can't everyone see this???

This place would be no fun if all Jets fans were as smart as you DNA.

You get it.

I agree.  I didn't realize who the post came from on that site.  Had I realized that it was our #2 troll, I wouldn't have.  

So do you think Goodell is actually going to impose any kind of punishment?  Even though he is the equivalent of a blood brother to Robert Kraft?

No. Because of Goodell's relationship with Kraft. I am certain Kraft has been in constant communication with Roger since Monday morning. 

Is your best defense really that -maybe- the balls were deflated before the refs inspected them? Even if that's the case (and it's doubtful), the Patriots still supplied under-inflated balls for their offense to use. The refs' potential pregame slacking doesn't alter that fact.

It does not.

However, their job is to ensure the balls are up to league's standard.

It does not make the Patriots innocent.  As Brady professed, he likes it at 12.5 PSI, the equipment guys break then in and he chooses.  I am guessing they come in under 12.5 

After that it is the league responsibility to ensure the ball is within standard two hours before the game. 

If they allow it to go unchecked, not all of the blame is on Brady and the Patriots. 

It does not.

However, their job is to ensure the balls are up to league's standard.

It does not make the Patriots innocent.  As Brady professed, he likes it at 12.5 PSI, the equipment guys break then in and he chooses.  I am guessing they come in under 12.5 

After that it is the league responsibility to ensure the ball is within standard two hours before the game. 

If they allow it to go unchecked, not all of the blame is on Brady and the Patriots.

1.) The equipment guys aren't squeezing two pounds of pressure out of the footballs thru the process of breaking them in.

2.) I think it's highly unlikely that the refs completely ignored the footballs the Patriots provided for their offense, or that they picked up footballs under inflated by two full pounds and didn't notice that something was off. At the very least, they'd check the pressure on a couple of them.

3.) Even if the refs completely failed to do their job, that doesn't absolve Brady or the Patriots at all. If Brady managed to steal a 12" dildo out of the counter right under the nose of an oblivious security guard, that doesn't make him any less of a gay thief. It just means that in addition to punishing the criminal, firing the security guard might be in order.

I don't doubt that report at all, even though it's not from a reputable source.  We all knew all along that the NFL wasn't going to do anything.  Heck, Tom Brady basically exposed the fact yesterday that they haven't even investigated this, despite saying that they were.  

The only hope was that the public would become outraged enough to force them to act like they did with Ray Rice in September.  Now we know that there's virtually no level of public anger that will force the NFL to do anything within the ballpark of the right thing.

One thing is for sure someone in the Pats organization is responsible for this.

If i am Goodell and i want to save my job and the integrity of the game the first thing i do is declare the Pats organization is at fault and while they will continue to look for specifics on who did it they will dock the Pats organization the first 4 picks in this year's draft and  fine them 10 million dollar.

That would throw cold water on lot of Deflategate discussions and the media can get back on track to discussing the Super Bowl again. Saves the Super Bowl for a very small price. We are talking about saving a multi billion dollar business.

Then they take their own sweet time and even try to sweep this under the carpet during off season.

If that's true, the post suggesting the officials would be taking most of the hit for this would be wrong.

Geez JiF I hate to point out the OBVIOUS, but this is the Super Bowl we are talking about. The NFL can't 'launch' an investigation that would threaten to interrupt the process of preparation for the biggest game in the history of Western Civilization. My God. Then the cheating Patriots could say they were at an unfair competitive advantage.

Heavens for bid! 

I don't doubt that report at all, even though it's not from a reputable source.  We all knew all along that the NFL wasn't going to do anything.  Heck, Tom Brady basically exposed the fact yesterday that they haven't even investigated this, despite saying that they were.  

The only hope was that the public would become outraged enough to force them to act like they did with Ray Rice in September.  Now we know that there's virtually no level of public anger that will force the NFL to do anything within the ballpark of the right thing.

The difference in the Ray Rice case is that the video from inside the elevator was made public. If there's equivalent evidence found in this case, public outrage would be the same. Not sure in the absence of evidence like that it would be.

The difference in the Ray Rice case is that the video from inside the elevator was made public. If there's equivalent evidence found in this case, public outrage would be the same. Not sure in the absence of evidence like that it would be.

There was quite a bit of outrage after Goodell only suspended him for two games for dragging his unconscious fiance (who we also knew he had hit) out of an elevator.  But, at that point, there weren't calls for him to be fired.  That's all Goodell cares about, and that's the only thing that will force him to actually do the job he was hired to do.

Archived