Deflate-Gate \ Patriots Cheating Again Thread: MERGED

indygirl4jets

few interesting facts coming out saying starting in 2010 Pats have led league in less fumbles every year by very big margin (easier to hold on to ball for RB when deflated especially in cold conditions). Other fact is report cites 6 Past who has HUGE % fumble differences as Pats , yet tema before or after Pats they went back to normal NFL fumble %. Too much smoke = fire IMHO

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

few interesting facts coming out saying starting in 2010 Pats have led league in less fumbles every year by very big margin (easier to hold on to ball for RB when deflated especially in cold conditions). Other fact is report cites 6 Past who has HUGE % fumble differences as Pats , yet tema before or after Pats they went back to normal NFL fumble %. Too much smoke = fire IMHO

Ah, another conspiracy thread.

There's a report going around showing that since 2007 the patriots plays per fumble rates are way above the average standard deviation for all other outdoor teams by alot!! Coincidentally 2007 was the year they started allowing road teams to bring their own balls

so 2007 vote for you!!!!!

There's a report going around showing that since 2007 the patriots plays per fumble rates are way above the average standard deviation for all other outdoor teams by alot!! Coincidentally 2007 was the year they started allowing road teams to bring their own balls

A rule change that Brady fought for.

Here's an article discussing the findings you mention: http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2015/01/ballghazi_the_new_england_patriots_lose_an_insanely_low_number_of_fumbles.html

Short version? The title of the article: Dumb Luck, The New England Patriots Prevention of Fumbles is Nearly Impossible

I think you are looking at stats only.  he had a once in a lifetime arm.  there was nothing average about joe.  bear bryant called him the best athlete he ever saw and most football people say he had the perfect football delivery

are you trolling here ?

Check out this boxscore from a Colts/Jets  game in 1972 when Namath and Unitas were both on the way out. That they passed like this under those rules is phenomonal. But again problem was Eubank got cheap and stupid. Namaht had a tremendous arm and the quickest release of anyone spare Dan Marino. Namath led the NFL in yards and TDs in 1972 despite playing with spare Riggins and Caster a pretty bad 7-7 team.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/197209240clt.htm

"If Namath played today" one of two things would have happened.

1. No one ever heard of him, because he was hurt, hurt and hurt again in those weak ass knees of his, and never got off a practice squad. He's Sam Bradford.

2. He's the most famous average QB in the history of Football, reality TV show star, Rapper-like Cult of Personality and Entourage, known for his good looks, not his good passes, adverts for trendy Alcohols, etc, etc, etc. His off-field >>>>>> his on field.

Namath was an average talent at the right time in history to milk it for all it's worth. Any other era, he's a footnote football-wise.

Sorry friend, but you're talking out of your ass in this post.

Check out interviews from anyone who played or coached during Namath's time. They say he's one of the most gifted QBs they've ever seen. His arm and quick release were unparalleled at that time.

NFL ISSUES A WARNING !!!!!!

The NFL's head of officiating told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio at Pro Bowl practice Saturday that theSeattle Seahawks have been warned that if running back Marshawn Lynch makes an obscene gesture after scoring a touchdown or at any other time during Super Bowl XLIX, the team will be penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct

OH sh*t

Is there another team in the NFL besides the Patsies?  Why do we need to talk about their SAGGY balls 24/7/

Ah the offseason.  Draft time soon guys!! 

J      E    T    S   jetsjetsjets~!

I hear you. Obviously this is a huge story regarding a huge rival. It'll die down eventually. Hopefully after Brady and Belichick are suspended for the 2015 season.

The NFL's head of officiating told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio at Pro Bowl practice Saturday that theSeattle Seahawks have been warned that if running back Marshawn Lynch makes an obscene gesture after scoring a touchdown or at any other time during Super Bowl XLIX, the team will be penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct

OH sh*t

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/01/24/nfl-warns-marshawn-lynch-a-crotch-grab-will-cost-15-yards/

Thought you were joking around.

This reminds me of my one and only experience with the city of Camden NJ. Me and some friends went to go see Pearl Jam and Sonic Youth at the amphitheater there. Must have been around 2000. Some guy who was clearly a cop (my dad was a cop, I can see these guys from a mile away) comes over to our car prior to the concert.

I'm thinking we're screwed because 2 of my friends were only 20 and we're drinking beers out in the open. Turns out the cop is hot on the trail of some crack head selling bootleg t-shirts.

Please remember that this is Pearl Jam. Anyone who knows anything about PJ knows they give 2 f%&$s about bootleg anything. So he tells us to just act cool because he's got his eye on this miscreant.

So after the most awkward 60 seconds of trying to act normal with a cop he says into his walkie talkie some code word shiy and sprints after the guy along with a bunch of other cops from out of nowhere.

Me and my friends look at each other, then out to the rest of the total sh*thole that is Camden NJ and ask if this is really the stuff the Camden PD is focusing its resources on.

So yeah. The NFL is the Camden PD.

The NFL's head of officiating told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio at Pro Bowl practice Saturday that theSeattle Seahawks have been warned that if running back Marshawn Lynch makes an obscene gesture after scoring a touchdown or at any other time during Super Bowl XLIX, the team will be penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct

OH sh*t

Funny how the Pats haven't been warned against anything.

The NFL's head of officiating told ESPN's Sal Paolantonio at Pro Bowl practice Saturday that theSeattle Seahawks have been warned that if running back Marshawn Lynch makes an obscene gesture after scoring a touchdown or at any other time during Super Bowl XLIX, the team will be penalized 15 yards for unsportsmanlike conduct

OH sh*t

But cheating is not punished nor are there any warnings issued.

A p*ssy like Brady (flailing his arms at the refs every time he gets hit) never would have made it in the NFL of yester-year.

just ONE game vs. the early 70s Raiders & the rules of that period and Brady would be reduced to carrying Giselle's makeup bag for his full time job

The ol' switcheroo.

1. Eleven of twelve Pats balls are found to be under-inflated at halftime and are pumped up to regulation pressure. The balls are given back to the Pats.

2. Brady says, "Ewww ... YUCK! These are too hard now, fellas. These are for real men. Let's use our 12 secret backup balls instead (inflated @ 10 PSI)."

3. After the game, Pats return the original 1st half balls that were corrected at halftime by the refs who recheck them again and find the pressure is still correct.

Hopefully SB balls will be at 13.5 and Brady will look like franky underwood throwing a baseball

Yea, I'm sure 2 pounds of PSI will turn Brady into Geno Smith.

Hey Assmop, with everything going on this week, how did the Pats go from +3 underdogs to -1 favorites?????

Yea, I'm sure 2 pounds of PSI will turn Brady into Geno Smith.

Hey Assmop, with everything going on this week, how did the Pats go from +3 underdogs to -1 favorites?????

explain to me how pats erred on the side of caution by inflating to bares bone minimum 12.5? if brady is so good, why not inflate to 13.5?

Archived